I wonder what china is thinking about this? do you think that china will help and render any aid? or maybe the US even?
India has a track record of refusing aid....
that said, I received this a minute ago through work channels:
The locations affected by this alert are:
• Metro Manila
• Subic Bay Freeport Zone (Olongapo City)
• Clark Freeport Zone (Angeles City)
• Legazpi City
• Calamba City
• Batangas City
• Laoag City
• Tuguegarao City
Storm Details (1100 PHT Oct. 11)
• Center of Circulation: Philippine Sea, about 308 km (191 miles) east-northeast of Metro Manila
• Maximum Sustained Winds: 100 kts (185 kph, 115 mph)
• Projected Landfall (Date): Baler, Aurora Province, Luzon Island (late Oct. 11 or early Oct. 12)
• Affected Areas: Luzon region
Tropical Storm Santi (24W; international name: Nari) rapidly strengthened further to maximum sustained winds of 100 kts (185 kph, 115 mph) in the
Philippine Sea Oct. 11. The system is expected to make landfall close to Baler, Aurora Province, on Luzon Island late Oct. 11 or early Oct. 12 (map).
Expect very heavy precipitation throughout most of the central and northern Luzon region, including Metro Manila. The rapid movement of the storm
could limit overall rainfall totals, but widespread flash and areal flooding is likely, especially in areas close to the center of circulation. The
threat of landslides will be high in the Zambales Mountains and the Sierra Madre and Cordillera Central ranges. Urban flooding is possible in
low-lying parts of cities throughout the region. The storm will also enhance the southwest monsoon and bring heavy rainfall to western parts of the
country in the Luzon and Visayas regions over the next several days. This could lead to more problems in flood-hit areas in central and western
Visayas provinces. As of Oct. 11, gale warnings were in effect for the eastern coast of Cagayan in Northern Luzon, as well as the Samar and Leyte
provinces in the Eastern Visayas region.
Public Storm Warnings (1100 PHT Oct. 11)
• Signal No. 3 (winds of 101-185 kph within 18 hours): Aurora, Isabela, Quirino, Ifugao, Nueva Viscaya, Benguet, Nueva Ecija
• Signal No. 2 (winds of 61-100 kph within 24 hours): La Union, Pangasinan, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Cagayan, Apayao, Kalinga, Abra, Mt. Province,
Tarlac, Zambales, Bulacan, Pampanga, Northern Quezon, Polilio Island
• Signal No. 1 (winds of 30-60 kph within 36 hours): Metro Manila, Calayan and Babuyan Group of Islands, Bataan, Rizal, Cavite, Batangas, Laguna,
Lubang Islands, Rest of Quezon, Marinduque, Camarines, Provinces, Albay, Catanduanes