It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Or Fiction?: Obama Administration Proposes 2,300-Page "New Constitution"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

The Obama Administration has proposed replacing the current U.S. Constitution (4,543 words, including the signatures with a 2,300-page "new Constitution" that in the words of an administration spokesperson, "clears up the gray areas in the current Constitution."

The proposal was launched after the success of two recent 1,000+ page pieces of legislation, the Affordable Care Act and the Dodd-Frank financial reform act.

An additional 200+ pages of the "new Constitution" are redacted due to the sensitive nature of the National Security-related amendments.

Lobbyists from key industries were invited to contribute amendments to the new Constitution;" constitutional legal experts were also invited to submit improvements to the current law of the

Fact Or Fiction?: Obama Administration Proposes 2,300-Page "New Constitution"

Saw this today and do not know what to believe actually?

Its Zerohedge, one of the largest financial blogs on the planet, so it's not a hoax, but then again it might be just rumour because the very suggestion is so preposterous.

Anyone else seen or heard something similar?

If this is true we will have a civil war considering the way things are going now, that much is certain. But I have to believe the whores in the congress and the Obama administration have not gone completely off their rockers.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
And the source for that is this site.
I'm calling it a hoax simply because the url to the source contains the word 'parody'.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

ok then. It looks like a hoax and you seem to have proven this fact.

An alternative to moving this thread to the hoaxbin would be discussing what would you, as an American citizen, really do if this was true?

Would you continue shiver under your table, making a fist in your pocket, keep cursing the Obama clan to hell and back, or would you stand up and call your neighbours to a town meeting to discuss this and make plans for future action?
edit on 11-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

johncarter

How about a official government source....

Remember this claim?

weeklyworldnews.com...

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama reportedly said The U.S. Constitution is out-of-date, so he is ripping it up and writing a new one. President Barack Obama reportedly told reporters last night that the U.S. Constitution has become a hindrance to progress in America. “The document is so out-dated, that it is now becoming a hindrance to governing the country.”

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

This is from a different source...

The U.S. Constitution leaves too many areas open to interpretation; a New Constituion of 2,300 pages (+ 200 redacted secret pages) is the solution. Read more at investmentwatchblog.com...

ITS A BLOG but the first sentence made me think this was a hoax

Not a single persons name in the story. No supporters or criticism. How could nobody in congress see this coming?

This is my suspicious face....

edit on 11-10-2013 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

hellobruce

johncarter

How about a official government source....

Remember this claim?

weeklyworldnews.com...

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama reportedly said The U.S. Constitution is out-of-date, so he is ripping it up and writing a new one. President Barack Obama reportedly told reporters last night that the U.S. Constitution has become a hindrance to progress in America. “The document is so out-dated, that it is now becoming a hindrance to governing the country.”

You saw my question right? The one asking others to identify this as a hoax or some form of facts further validating it.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

johncarter
You saw my question right? The one asking others to identify this as a hoax or some form of facts further validating it.

Here is a hint - you will not read about something as large as this claim on a blog....

A little bit of research and you would have found how the USA's constitution can be changed
en.wikipedia.org...

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.[2]

And it is not done by the President!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

abecedarian
And the source for that is this site.
I'm calling it a hoax simply because the url to the source contains the word 'parody'.

Also states in a disclaimer:

All content on this blog is provided by Trewe LLC for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions of use are subject to change at anytime and without notice.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hey OP, did you ever see the Mini-Series "Amerika"? I recall seeing that as a kid... Great mini-series and really..spooky for parallels if the obvious references to the time are adjusted to make it fit our time now.

In it though, Congress was adjourned for a new Constitution of sorts. I believe the automatic gunfire rang through the mock up of Capital Hill for a moment or two in how they had to 'adjourn' Congress to make that one work.

I don't think the requirements would be any less in real life to pushing that through ....since only Congress and the State Houses in each of the 50 states have the power to do that. He'd have to go FULL tyrant on us.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The constitution does not allow a president to unilaterally propose a constitution.
So, no. It's a hoax.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This sounds so oddly believable...

Let me guess it was written right after 911??..

top topics

join