It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The evil in being human, how can God overlook this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I was going to put this in Rants, but thought this forum was more appropriate.

Nothing surprises me anymore. I've been jaded and numbed down by msm and daily life. I've been researching NDE's for a good 8 years, and have gained a lot of insight to all things "God", religion, why we're here, and so on.
According to the many hundreds of NDEs I've read, this life is technically a blink of an eye, a learning experience. Anything, good or bad, that happens was already planned out. We are just God's conscious experiencing itself. By the time we die and go to heaven, we understand why things had to happen. And, somethings, no matter how bad, happened for spiritual progression.

So here's my problem.

A friend on FB posted a video that everyone wanted to go 'viral' to catch this monster of a human being. All I read was the title "baby being tortured for fun", and a video paused with a woman holding a 3 month old upside down. I couldn't watch it. I literally got sick to my stomach thinking of what happened and almost threw up. I have 3 children of my own and couldn't imagine something horrifying happening to them.

If this is all supposed to be a "learning experience", where is God in these unimaginable situtations??

Where is the Karma for these evil people??

The one question asked over and over, how can God allow for such things to happen to children, the innocents??

These are the things that make me question my faith.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by casijones

You have discovered one of the flaws in the modern form of religion, which says there is no final judgement and everybody gets to heaven.
Perhaps you would be more comfortable with the more traditional form of religion, which does include a final judgement for such as these.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I am just about to watch this documentary....if it's

inappropriate,please disregard.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I'm firm in my belief of "I know that I don't know". I study all religions, but don't belong to any specific one. I'll entertain any idea as long as it rings true in my heart. Honestly I'd like to think that everyone gets their judgement day based on their actions in life. However, I'd like to see instant judgement for those types of people.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I've seen this! It's very interesting. While a little off topic, I don't mind the thought of a stereotypical hell for child abusers lol

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

casijones

The one question asked over and over, how can God allow for such things to happen to children, the innocents??

These are the things that make me question my faith.

Instant Karma would indeed be nice to see in action. I'm not religious myself, but for discussions sake, maybe in the eyes of God, who being omnipotent can imagine horrors far beyond mortal ken, all these atrocities on Earth are nothing more than a child skinning their knees. Of all the things the immortal soul could potentially experience, our "evil" would barely register as mischief compared to true evil.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RedSeraph

I myself am not very good with conveying thoughts into words, but you have just done that for me. With that said, I shutter to think what more lies beyond our scraped knees here.
Sometimes I feel so heavy with empathy I can barely get out of bed.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think people forget why religion was created by man in the first place. It was created by meglomaniacs who wanted to control humans by fear. There may have been one or two who had good intentions but others hijacked their followers.

The best clue to this is that in most religions we are told we are eg 'made in God's image and he is in each and every one of us' so gets to judge us if we don't follow man made rules by the elite. best example ever, 'Pay your taxes'.

When people go off to war they are told its for God and their country - eg the fat backsides sitting safely at home and making all the money from death, usually by arming both sides to spin it out. They then offer a small percentage of their profits to help the poor wounded and displaced but that's for kudos not compassion.

God did not appear to have been bothered by other creatures until man popped up and then he became as popular as sliced bread. But he is merely a reflection of man in each and every aspect of man's psyche - and we know at least X% of humanity are psychopaths that disgust the rest of us but prey on us nevertheless and are getting away with it - due to their being special in some way.

That woman needs to have the same done to her in public and she will feel the real humanity behind "Do as you would be done by".

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

That's my problem with God and religion. I know the bible has been perverted over time, and really, all man made religion has. Everything having to do with religion is up for debate.
The one thing science and skeptics can't tell you, is why.
You can tell me how the big bang happened, but you can't tell me why, or what happened before it.
So I believe there is something, and whatever it is created us and this wonderous universe. But if you're able and willing to create an infinite universe, but not willing to interfer in soul crushing suffering which is a direct consequence of that creation? We will never understand.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This is why I'm all for spirituality yet not for organized religion, the majority of people have some form of superstitious belief or feeling that there's more to the picture of reality than meets the eye and that needs some form of spiritual indulgence that science can't provide, but the problem arises from trying to pin down the creating force as a deity with a will and human-like reasoning, it gets worse still when you then have priests and other authorities who lord it over believers and tell them what their god wants of them, turning it into another tool of control.

casijones
So I believe there is something, and whatever it is created us and this wonderous universe. But if you're able and willing to create an infinite universe, but not willing to interfer in soul crushing suffering which is a direct consequence of that creation? We will never understand.

That to me kind of answers itself, no loving god that possessed will would do such a thing. I like to think of the universe/multiverse itself as being the only god and creator, neither good nor evil, it brought us into existence, all these human problems can be solved by us, whether we will solve them depends on how many people care. That's always been the paradox of religion to me, to turn ones back on the world and hope for a possible paradise afterlife, when with a little effort from all, this world could be a guaranteed one.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Look into most religious teachings and see that "evil will not be left unpunished", as replies have already stated; Religious organisations are flawed, made by man to control / understand actions and events around us. The real question that should be asked is:

How can man as a whole truly have evil reside within when we are taught from a religious belief system that "God has a plan for everyone". If this was true then all truly sick and evil acts had been pre planned by an all seeing all knowing god.

I myself have always believed in a "God" of sorts, but not of heaven and hell. Be this God a simple maker of mankind or a true God (does that make sense?); but at the same time I have come to learn that they heart of Man as a whole is dark, many may claim they are doing the right thing but most of the time because they believe they are doing it for an eternal reward which is wrong in my eyes. People do good things for no reason, but people do evil things for no reason.

Some people are just evil, there is no way around it.

As for NDE's I would love to believe you get to relive your life when close to death, but from my own research (I say that, just a lot of reading to be fair) from many different sources - both scientific and religious background are just the brains way of trying to find an instance in your life that can relate to what has caused to you have a NDE.

I'm very sorry for the randomness of this reply, I kept loosing my train of thought.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
life is a paradox. We don`t know what good is without evil. We don`t know what hot is without cold. And we`ve been given free will to choose good in life, and not evil. But if we choose evil we could end up going astray.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Humanity is a flawed being still evolving to another stage of humanity. This planet it very useful in evolving lower level souls into higher level souls.

I hate what I have experienced early on in my childhood on this planet and know how lower level souls can be. But then if they do not learn their lesson they will just de-evolve again to predatory ego demonic beings and will be sent to where they fit in. Some get it now some do not. Do you want a soul to be lost just because it takes it a few billions of years to evolve it? Would you have the same idea when you where the un-evolved one and the evolved ones where so tired of your un-evolved behavior?

I would not mind a split right now between those who are over a certain level and the rest but that is because I am tired of the crap these souls create. But then I would like for everybody on this planet to have the connection and shine the light into this place to heal it and evolve it. But humanity as a whole is not ready for that yet are they?.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

casijones

I have a problem understanding Karma.

It isn't instant ... so how can the person doing evil know what the karma coming back at them is for? For example ... is that woman who is torturing the baby fulfilling that babys karma from a previous life? Was that baby a torturer before and is now getting nailed for it? But that baby in this life doesn't know it was bad in a past life, so there is no learning experience for the baby. Or is the baby an innocent victim? And if so, why does God allow the torture of a baby?

And is there collective karma? People suffering for the sins or bad karma of others? Even though that's a really stupid and ineffective way to do things, it looks like it could be. Jesus and Buddha both said to let the sins (bad karma) of others fall on them and they'd pay for it. But the people sinning don't learn the consequences of their sins that way so they keep sinning or creating bad karma. And it looks like innocent people around the world are suffering to clean up bad karma from other people .... I'm wondering if that's why good people suffer so much ...

It all boggles the mind .... you could get lost in the thoughts about it ...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

lol, reminds me of something I asked my philosophy teacher in high school and got told to shut up. The question was "If reincarnation exists, and the world population is increasing, where are all the fresh souls coming from?"

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It's simple: there is no god, and some people are born with less maternal instincts than others.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RedSeraph

lol, reminds me of something I asked my philosophy teacher in high school and got told to shut up. The question was "If reincarnation exists, and the world population is increasing, where are all the fresh souls coming from?"

Reincarnation also doesn't stipulated one soul, one body. For example, a person like Hitler or Dick Cheney, (yeah I lumped them together!) should experience the suffering of 10,000 starving and ravaged children, all at once, for several lifetimes, until that soul experiences the hopelessness imposed previously and the mercy and charity that a soul is capable of.

There's a wonderful fictional novel on theory of oversouls, called The Education of Oversoul Seven.

"The personality can dwell, and does dwell, in many worlds at once"

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Oh man ... the implications of that just set my brain to freeze frame.
I've gotta' read up on that. I don't think I'll buy it .. but you never know ...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'd like to add that there IS a difference between stupidity and evil. Otherwise, you could easily qualify Jersey Shore or Nicki Minaj as being evil. Oh, the evil... *shudders*
edit on 12-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I have faith that there is one judge - who happens to be the creator of the universe. Others judge me, judge each other, but I do not judge them because of the faith.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join