It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I just uploaded my music onto Last.FM, Come check it out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
For a little while now I have been improvising with music and creating some little songs. Last week I decided to test the waters and upload them to Last.FM as I always loved that site as a teenager in High School. The only problem is that right now theres not many listeners and it would be really cool if some of you fellow ATS'ers could listen to a song or more and help kickstart my album a bit. The album I decided to call "Emotions" Its mainly all piano/guitar based as unfortunately I don't have vocal recording equipment right now. If your into guitar then the songs "Feeling" and "Walls of Berlyn" would be more your style. The rest are with less guitar involved. I also need more listeners in order to boost my radio plays...right now I have basically no exposure whatsoever other than a few friends and family.

Let me know what you think! I look forward to the feedback

Detrucci Band Profile
Emotions Album

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Some very nice tracks there m8 well done.

Zero Gravity is a beautiful track but cuts off way to short... Would love to listen to it all.

The trance tune Orion starts of very nice but then is a little to fast on the BPM also a little muddy in some places. also let the build ups and breaks last a little longer but still a good effort.

Your piano is very very good though. Sounds very chilled and uplifting. very nice scales and modes!.

edit on 11/10/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I really liked the tracks I listened to. I feel the vocals are missing. Even if just one short verse was added to walls of Berlin. I loved the sound of that track.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Really nice work!
You are very talented as an instrumentalist on both keyboards and guitar.
My favorite tracks are Star Piano, Feelings and Walls of Berlyn.
I guess I prefer natural instrument sounds more so than electronica, but that's just my tastes.
I thought i heard many influences in there, perhaps Dream Theater, Return to Forever, Satriani, Eric Johnson and maybe even Keith Jarrett (Koln concert being one my all time favorite albums)
I wouldn't lament a lack of vocals, your music speaks just fine without them.
Often vocals detract from a song rather than add imo.

One thing that seems to happen to technically proficient players is they seem to get stuck in technique and theory. Take Steve Vai for instance; to me his earliest music was his best. At a point I think maybe musicians like him keep looking to outdo themselves technically at the expense of emotion and sonic visualization. Their sound often becomes too clean and overproduced. They also seem to play faster and faster for no other reason than they can.

Don't forget 3 notes is often more effective than a dozen and that sounds can get too pure. Remember what music did to you the first time you really heard it and how it felt. Musical inspiration can come from anywhere so don't forget to find it in everyday things. I say this because I really feel you have a great future ahead of you in music and I just wanted to pass on my feelings after 50 years of hearing bands and musicians come and go.

Keep up the great work, and let it flow.
Cheers,
Asktheanimals

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Detrucci

Eerrmm...all I can say is...Wow...just Wow!

You have an honest to God amazing talent!

I absolutely adore piano music.... Ludovico Einaudi, Brian Crain,and Yiruma are amongst some of my favourites at the moment. But I have to confess I have sought you out on youtube so I can listen to you on there
lol

When I went to your link on last.fm I listened in reverse order and the first thing I thought when i started listening to Natural Water was that it sounded like it came straight from a Final Fanatsy soundtrack or other RPG. And then when I finished listening to your music I read the information on your profile and saw the mention of Final Fantasy in your main musical influences!
One of my favourite composers is Nobuo Uematsu, who I am sure you will know is the composer of many of the most classic FF tracks.

I am struggling to tell you which track amongst those you have shared on last.fm is my favourite....they are all exceptionaly good! This sound's a little corny I know, but I assure you it is not an attempt to stroke your ego when I say.....I am genuinely very very excited by your talent!!
edit on 11-10-2013 by Logos23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Nice! Zero gravity reminded me of the theme tune for House MD, by Massive Attack, except really mellow and spacey!

Not my usual bag dude, but I can appreciate it!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Wow thank you guys. Lots of positive comments there, along with some well placed criticism . My influences are infact the likes of Dream Theater, Ludovico, Joe Satriani etc. You guys are right, not only that but Brian Crain also gets a good few listens on my ipod...I especially love the song "Rain"

Also to Asktheanimals I have to agree with artists trying to beat eachother and losing the music in the process and Steve Vai is a perfect example. John Petrucci does the same thing. His new music is all about playing either heavier sounding or faster. The music of the first 8 albums was great and melodic...now there is no melody at all within the guitaring. Yes it sounds cool but it doesn't stick in my mind. Steve Vai is the same. I love songs like Touching Tongues and Whispering a Prayer. I don't really hear him do a lot of that anymore.

I think the songs could use vocals but they are also good to listen to without the vocals, Maybe if I can get vocals though...the compositions would be a bit more leaned towards vocals and would have some really cool licks on the side. Im glad you guys enjoy the songs. Hopefully I can continue to grow as a musician and write music from the heart rather than from any talent involved.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I think my favourite Brian Crain piece is "At The Ivy Gate". I also enjoy listening to Fabrizio Paterlini and I discovered Rob Costlow recently and I love his "Oceans".

Thanks for sharing your music with us on here....it really was a pleasure

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Hey I just wanted to pass on 2 listening suggestions to you if I might of albums that you may not have heard of but even after 40 years I have yet to hear anything surpass them. So much inspiration in these albums:

Steve Hillage/ Live Herald.
Patrick Moraz/ The story of I.

Warning: your ears may never be the same. Hillage also played with Gong, famous prog rockers from Europe and Moraz joined YES for their Relayer album. If you can't find them I'd be happy to get that music to you somehow.

And thank you for sharing your music with us.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

new topics

top topics

join