It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation and Observation harmonized

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Nor do christians know if they have properly interpreted the Bible.

Except for seeing the future (revelations)I think that early people wrote the bible. They had no scientific instruments at all. The science of micro biology and astronomy were unknown to them for instance.

Without microscopes and telescopes their minds fabricated a lot of things that we now know to be misunderstood back then.

So interpreting their definitions of the natural - science world wouldn't rate a 1st grade education toady.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

FreeMason

However on that note I think the idea it took us 2 million years to discover fire, and clothes, is pretty stupid.

Fire is so easy even a cave man can do it.

So I think there is an obvious oldest limit, somewhere were mankind invented civilization. There's just no way people are too stupid to have taken so long to tame fire.

There is plenty of evidence of controlled fires going back to 1.000,000 YA and this was done by H. Erectus. While clothing didn't come about until approximately 170,000 YA, it was still well before Neanderthal and MH moved into colder climates and was well after we lost all our body hair. www.sciencedaily.com...

FreeMason
Here's another one...were we born with clothes? Because there are few environments in which mankind can literally sit in naked....they have to be pretty dry and you have to have a fire.

So jungles, forests, pretty much everywhere on earth was off limits until fire and clothes were made, one or both for some environments.

There is just no way you could survive in the wild without at least one.

Think about that.

Born with clothes? no, we were however born with as much hair as the other great apes at one time. we lost most or all body hair as recently as 1.2 million YA or up to 3-4 million YA There are many indigenous peoples who do just fine with limited clothing and fire. Also, habitats of the past 4 million years have been altered repeatedly and places we currently think of as inhospitable were once a paradise.

FreeMason
So we would have to be as dumb as a bonobo monkey and still be showed by essentially a god how to make fire?

Either we were as smart back then as we are now (arguably our brains were even larger before agriculture) or not? Which is it? Did mankind literally raise its IQ in the last 100,000 years or something?

Just to clarify, a Bonobo is not a monkey, it's an ape. want to know an easy way to tell the difference? Apes don't have tails. As for brain size, I guess that depends on what you consider "us". The fact of the matter is that Neanderthal had a slightly larger brain on average than MH's do. Did mankind raise it's IQ? probably not. I'd say that once people had time to settle into communities they were able to focus on thriving instead of just surviving in an HG society. With more people in a smaller space, ideas are more easily shared expanded and improved.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by spy66

Nor do christians know if they have properly interpreted the Bible.

Except for seeing the future (revelations)I think that early people wrote the bible. They had no scientific instruments at all. The science of micro biology and astronomy were unknown to them for instance.

True they had no real Insight in micro science or any Scientific instruments to get it. What is being told in the Bible is purely based on personal inspiration. It is all from the mind without any forth knowledge.

So interpreting their definitions of the natural - science world wouldn't rate a 1st grade education today

I don't agree. Because if we did truly understand the written Words in the Bible we wouldn't have all these different disagreements today.

99% of the world population today don't see the similarities between genesis Chapter 1 and the Big Bang theory. Neither do science.

People today dont even know what Gods very first creation was. You probably dont know either.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

True they had no real Insight in micro science or any Scientific instruments to get it. What is being told in the Bible is purely based on personal inspiration. It is all from the mind without any forth knowledge.

So you don't believe in visitations (here) or life elsewhere? With interstellar capability? You know, Gods gardeners. Its in the bible. The story of the winery "far away" that murdered Gods son?

99% of the world population today don't see the similarities between genesis Chapter 1 and the Big Bang theory. Neither do science.

Neither do I. Its just my personal opinion that "let there be light" refers to the ignition of our star. The Universe has always been, always will be. There have been many, many "let there be light(s)".

People today dont even know what Gods very first creation was. You probably dont know either.

Is this a trick question? You're right, I don't know your answer. Why don't you tell me instead of keeping it a secret?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

So you don't believe in visitations (here) or life elsewhere? With interstellar capability? You know, Gods gardeners. Its in the bible. The story of the winery "far away" that murdered Gods son?

No. Not really. Not in the sence that there is a life form that we can related and communicate With.

I have never heard about Gods Gardeners except for Adam and Eve. All the animals and insects would be the the Source that actually would maintain the garden.

Neither do I. Its just my personal opinion that "let there be light" refers to the ignition of our star. The Universe has always been, always will be. There have been many, many "let there be light(s)".

Our universe has not always been and it certenly will not always be. The first light in Genesis Chapter 1, verse 3. Is Gods very first creation. But People focus all their attention on the light and not on what mass that must be present to be able to emitt this light. If we had Scientific knowledge we should be able to interpret this from the Bible. That is just one example.

Verse 2. Describes space before the singularity is going to be created in verse 3.

Is this a trick question? You're right, I don't know your answer. Why don't you tell me instead of keeping it a Secret.

It is not a trick question. And you have already mentioned it. The first thing God created was the Source that gave light.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Verse 2. Describes space before the singularity is going to be created in verse 3.

Were the people that wrote that there at the time?

If the Universe had a "beginning" what was there forever before? If God is forever what did he do forever before the one big bang?

If you reach out your hand past earth, the stars, and galaxies... forever, whats there? The Universe goes on forever. The only wall or barrier out there is in your mind. Forever means just that, forever. It has always been here. It will always be here.

What is eternal life if not forever?

The Universe teams with life. Don't be stuck in the middle ages and think we are the only ones. Pretty arrogant considering you haven't been off this tiny rock. How could you know?

Oh, people without telescopes told you.

No life here, huh?

images.iop.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Were the people that wrote that there at the time?

Genesis Chapter one is written based on inspiration. Moses visualized the creation of Our universe and earth in his mind. And it is claimed to be a inspiration from God. Remember there is a verse in the Bible that state; Ask God anything and God will tell you the truth. This is what all this is based on. These People communicated With their Gods a lot in those days.

If the Universe had a "beginning" what was there forever before? If God is forever what did he do forever before the one big bang?

Verse 2 in genesis Chapter 1. Tels you what was before Our universe was formed.

-Space before Our universe was formed, was a sea of absolute empty void. Space was absolute empty.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

-And Earth was without form and void. "Should tell you that Earth does not exist yet". All that existed was a Space of deep darkness.

- God is not a person or a thing. God is the absolute empty Space. Only this Space can allways have existed and always will exists. This Space is absolute neutral, no other Space can be like it or more neutral that it.

What is eternal life if not forever?

True, but Our universe is not it. If you know something about the expanding singularity. You should know that it is a finite universe. It is not larger that it have expanded until this exact time. Our universe does not go on and on for ever. But the Space outside the expanding singularity does go on and on for ever. Earth is somehwere inside the expanding singularity, so are all the Galaxies in Your image. Non of them are out side of it.

The Universe teams with life. Don't be stuck in the middle ages and think we are the only ones. Pretty arrogant considering you haven't been off this tiny rock. How could you know?

The universe teams With life?? I have no knowledge of that to be honest. I read a lot of Things claiming that some planets have the right Properties to support very very simple life forms on a microscopic level.

But that is no proof that even life on a cellular Level is present.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join