It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Restore The 4th' Anti-NSA Activists 'Adopt' The Highway Right Outside NSA's New Utah Datacente

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
A "Restore the 4th" activist group in Utah has come up with a awesome way to protest the NSA's activities by being approved to adopt a 2 mile stretch of highway that leads up to the NSA's new datacenter in Utah, this stretch of road includes the entrance leading up to the facility.

An organization opposed to surveillance by the National Security Agency has been approved to "adopt" the section of highway running past the Utah Data Center, a move that would place the group’s protest-oriented name on signs outside the spy building.

Restore The Fourth-Utah would also be responsible for picking up litter on the 2-mile stretch of Redwood Road that includes the main entrance to the Utah Data Center and Camp Williams.

Of course this means the group will be responsible for picking up litter, but they see this as a good way to combine picking up litter with protesting the data center saying as they are picking up litter they will also be carrying picket signs. They are only "required" to do this 3 times a year, but I bet they will make the most of it and be out there as much as they can.

Now Im not American, but here in Canada we also have this adopt-a-highway program, and I frequently see the signs on the road saying "This road has been adopted by so-and-so", I think it will be hilarious having the people who work at the datacenter having to see the "This road has been adopted by Restore the 4th" every time they drive into work.

'Restore The 4th' Anti-NSA Activists 'Adopt' The Highway Right Outside NSA's New Utah Datacenter

Anti-NSA group adopts highway to get close to Utah Data Center

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Great idea, I like it!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

That is awesome. I love it. It's not mean, and it's not counterproductive...

Maybe it will weigh on all those driving into work everyday.

I know it would affect me. Actually I know people working for NSA who will be or have been or might do a lot of the coding for NSA... I hope they notice it, because they are good people. I hope it hurts them, even though I love them.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Dustytoad
reply to post by Kr0nZ

That is awesome. I love it. It's not mean, and it's not counterproductive...

Maybe it will weigh on all those driving into work everyday.

I know it would affect me. Actually I know people working for NSA who will be or have been or might do a lot of the coding for NSA... I hope they notice it, because they are good people. I hope it hurts them, even though I love them.

I"m sure they'll be grateful that the roadside is being maintained litter free. But "hurt" or affect them?

Doubtful.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It could also be a great idea to get the government to clean up roads. If you threaten to picket while picking up trash I see them cleaning the road so you have no trash to pick.

Or coincidently have prisoners cleaning up trash on those days so you can't legally go near them to picket. I imagine the adopt a road thing though excludes them from being able to use that road for prisoner work or cleanup.
edit on 13-10-2013 by oneshortshotatlife because: (no reason given)

top topics

join