It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada pursuing the left

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Canada has launched a major advertising offensive against the United States intending to convince people of more liberal tendencies to abandon the US and come to Canada.

www.cnn.com...

Now, it's true that many ideologies in Canada reflect liberal points of view, but in my opinion this is rather unusual. I've never seen anything like that before. I just find it odd that one country would put up such an ad campaign directed at another. Granted there are some people who won't accept a Kerry defeat until the day they die, but honestly... relocate your entire family because one corrupt politician beat another corrupt politician? I just don't get it.

Addtionally the campaign is specifically targeting left leaning areas and is finding customers like one guy who said "Canada's basic population is much more intelligent, polite and civilized".

Wow... pretty unbelievable. I take politics seriously myself but I hardly think I would relocate myself and family based on that.

Anyone seeing such campaigns, or participating? I'm curious to hear from members who live in areas mentioned by this article as hotspots for these ads.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm a American born citizen living and working in Toronto Canada for 6 months of the year over the past 5 years total, so i might be the perfect candidate to put forth a decent response here.

Let me just say I love America but I have come to love the city of Toronto like no other. Toronto is well populated and well mixed with all different cultural diversities from all four corners of the globe. The people here are extremely friendly and enjoy striking up general conversations even though the quality of the English vocabulary is lacking. It's interesting while waiting in a check out line eavesdropping on a greek and a pakastani woman talk politics or pop culture. The summer season in Toronto is great, which I'm guessing has to do with shaking off the cold winter blues. During the summer i have attended Caribbean, Greek, Portuguese and Gay pride parades, ok i was walking by in the vaccinity of the gay pride parade, and i'll admit the entertainment and fun they were having attracted me to spend my afternoon accepting heart shaped candy from a drag queen riding a parade float and eating plenty of napoleon ice-cream. I wake up in the morning and walk down College st. which features european like cafe's and resturants and usually eat at an all day breakfast joint. Another Canadian liberal way of spending in the city features a quality standards system for the eateries of Toronto. Each resturaunt must display their quality standards "pass/green" "acceptable/yellow" "fail/red" monthly inspection papers in the front window. Sure it's another liberal tax burden, but I can live happily knowing i just ate at a clean, stanitary establishment.

My only problem with the city of Toronto? Way too many homeless people! even the homeless here look well dressed, well fed and appear to make a profit pan handling off the nice people of this city. I believe government is too liberal in spending $180M on the homeless which seems to be increasing the homeless population because of the sweet deal they receive. Oh, and way too many young people are homeless and giving up too easily on society's work force.

all in all, come to Toronto and check it out for yourself!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Canada has launched a major advertising offensive against the United States intending to convince people of more liberal tendencies to abandon the US and come to Canada.

Wow. I don't say this too often, but

Thank You, Canada!

Addtionally the campaign is specifically targeting left leaning areas and is finding customers like one guy who said "Canada's basic population is much more intelligent, polite and civilized".

Yeah, you'd fit right in with our liberals who think they are more "intelligent" and "civilized" and "enlightened" than the rest of us great unwashed. That'ts why they lost the election, BTW.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I forgot about this thread until getting a u2u about it being moved to the politics board.

Anyways, after reading your reply Js, I think it's become apparent that you need to learn a little something about punctuation. If English is in fact your first language there's no excuse for the latter part of your post.

I was quoting statements made regarding the campaign. That would be why the statement I'll quote for you here was made with quotation marks:

like one guy who said "Canada's basic population is much more intelligent, polite and civilized".

I was ASKING if anyone had seen that ad campaign. Not sure where you interpreted that I agreed with it.

Haven't you ever read any of my posts before? Geez.

top topics

join