It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robertson pushes false theory that AIDS came from monkey-based Polio vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Pat Robertson, may indeed be one of my favorite dumb people in the world. His willingness to insert foot in mouth and then speak is amazing.

Source

TV preacher Pat Robertson on Thursday advanced a discredited conspiracy theory that AIDS had originated with polio vaccines being tested on monkeys.

“There’s a disease called AIDS… Where did it come from?” he asked. “From what I can gather, it came from Africa. I think the World Health Organization was doing some experiment in the Congo on a monkey virus, a monkey injection to fight polio and it wasn’t an injection, they put it in sugar cubes and they gave it to these Africans, a couple hundred thousand in the test.”

“This is the first time when monkey diseases crossed into the human condition and out of that has come this terrible thing,” he added. “It seems to be transmitted so often through sexual contact and it was rife in the homosexual community but has then jumped into the heterosexual community.”

So Rob thinks Aids come from monkeys who somehow transmitted it to gay people through a polio vaccine...and then gays screwed over the good God Fearing Christians in the hetero community..

Seems Legit.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This guy is garbage. Reminds me of other filth like Bill O Reilly. Man I'm happy I got rid of my tv last year.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
From my understanding, AIDS came from a vaccine which used cells from a monkey's liver, which was infected. It spread into humans, and made it's way back to the states. It infected the gay community disproportionately, due to lifestyle choices. The gays were more likely to be raving-clubbing, taking lots of drugs, having poor diets, and transferred it more easily through increased reliance on anal sex to get off than heteros. Decreased immunity, and increased probability for transmission.

I don't know if it really came from a vaccine contaminated with a similar monkey virus or not?!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You can't fix stupid. Hopefully he is just ignorant.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
Pat Robertson, may indeed be one of my favorite dumb people in the world. His willingness to insert foot in mouth and then speak is amazing.

Pat Robertson might want to have a short talk with Wooter Basson. I mean only if he wants to really find out a few things that might force him to give his head a shake.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm not defending Robertson, but there is a LOT of evidence that HIV did indeed originate from inoculations with the first polio vaccines, in the Congo, in the 50's, because they were using diseased monkey parts to build their vaccine.

I really hope some of you at least watch this. I can't really spell everything out for you, but this documentary is very well researched and brings forward a lot of evidence to support this theory.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Oh I"m not really disagreeing with the whole Congolese connection between HIV/AIDS and polio, that's relatively well documented.

I just like to point out when Pat makes some idiot generalization that some how ties in groups of people as being heathens.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Polio vaccine is in fact cultured in monkey kidney cells. The rest of it you have to take or leave, but there is a simian connection here.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The first outbreak of AIDS in gay men in New York began just a few(8-9) years after the trial of Hepatitis B vaccine was used on Gay men in NYC. That is a fact.

It is also fact that many of the cell lines used to grow the viruses in vaccination labs were simian in origin, and that several lines were contaminated with simian viruses. Some of those viruses have been proven to be pathogenic.

This is not something Big Pharma or the Press is eager to discuss.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I go with whatever the WHO says
not because I have full confidence in them, but because I once followed a conspiracy thread sometime back about AIDS and I got fed about 10 different stories from the community on how it truly originated..each one seemingly a bit unlikely (one of the better ones is that there is no aids, only sickness by trying to treat it, but the whole aids thing is a myth to begin with. Of course that person I want to kick in the teeth considering I lost 3 friends (2 of them hetro btw) to AIDS).

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Obviously, your ignorance on the subject matches your quotes about the minister.

Read Dr. Mary's monkey... watch the video on Dr. Hillerman explaining how Merck did what they did, watch the video on Baxter by Jane Burgermeister (whistleblower), Dr. Ayoub, and Dr. Horowitz...

and then find out who holds the patent on the Aids treatments... and watch his video... Dr. Gallo... do a little background on where he worked...

after that... please add some factual substance, clinical trials, scientific studies, etc to back up the nonsense you are posting...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Note... they have now found that a simple antifungal which completely removes Aids from the host...
guardianlv.com...
though, it is now only approved for athletes foot.... I guess that Pharma makes nothing on promoting such an easy solution...
and a drug which stops Aids transmission by 90 pct ... has been around for a while... you just hear nothing about it...
www.newyorker.com...

edit on 11-10-2013 by R_Clark because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Hi!

I think Pat Robertson is on the right track, but the polio vaccines, in my opinion, were administered too early on and there was no subsequent boom in infection at that time.

I think that the Hepatitis B vaccine being contaminated is a better candidate. This vaccine was given to Africans and gay men in the U.S during the mid 1970s.

We must ask ourselves this question as to whether AIDS was intentionally transmitted out of some 70s crazy eugenics black ops policy (yes our leaders did some very psychotic things back then) or if it was contaminated through dirty methods during its manufacture.

I have read much over the years about AIDS and my own "theory" is that human beings helped its spread and had the dealing hand. Was it deliberate or was it accidental? I have enough distrust of those who facilitate in our societies to not put it past them to have practised eugenics in this way, especially in the past of the 1970s when they had no understanding of the way that knowledge and analysis has become available to us through the internet in our current time.

Here is the article that discusses this angle, on "originofaids.com" by Dr. Horowitz who wrote extensively about these theories. He is a Harvard doctor and writes as an independent researcher;

The Origin of AIDS and HIV May Not Be What You Have Learned

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I think you, OP, have been just a tad unfair to Pat Robertson by using the word "false" to describe his theory. If you search on the internet you will find that vaccines have been grown from monkey kidneys. Both the polio and the hep B vaccines originated this way.

Three contenders for its "man made" transmission are the smallpox, polio and Hep B vaccines. The polio and smallpox vaccines were, in my opinion and Dr Horowitz's, administered too early and no subsequent boom of infection occurred. However, very soon after the hep B was administered (both to gay men and Africans) the epidemic showed up.

I hope you will accept that Pat Robertson's theory has some basis in science. He may not be right. Dr Horowitz and I may not be right, but Pat has at least done some homework to arrive at his conclusion.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Join ATS Members NoRegretsEver, Wrabbit2000, Aboveboard, and Druid42 plus guests ImaMarty, HomerinNC, and Destinyone. for two hours of topics taken Out of the Box....

Show times Monday 10 pm GMT (UK), 11 pm CET (Europe Monday 10 pm EST, 9 pm CST, 8 pm MST, 7 pm PST (North America) Tuesday 10 pm AEST (Australia)

OUT OF THE BOX

new topics

top topics

join