It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Red State America Seceding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Is Red State America Seceding?

This article by Pat Buchanan seems to be suggesting that what we are seeing right now somehow correlates to the breakup of the old USSR more than 20 years ago.

Perhaps we *are* seeing something ?

I wonder what it would look like ?

He goes into depth...

In the last decade of the 20th century, as the Soviet Empire disintegrated, so, too, did that prison house of nations, the USSR.

Out of the decomposing carcass came Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Moldova, all in Europe; Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan in the Caucasus; and Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan in Central Asia.

Transnistria then broke free of Moldova, and Abkhazia and South Ossetia fought free of Georgia.

Yugoslavia dissolved far more violently into the nations of Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo.

The Slovaks seceded from Czechoslovakia. Yet a Europe that plunged straight to war after the last breakup of Czechoslovakia in 1938 and 1939 this time only yawned. Let them go, all agreed.

Is red state America seceding?

Earl Grey or Lipton ?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
We'll trade you Alaska for Hawaii.

All seriousness though I don't see it happening. Deals will be discussed, palms will be greased, and we will remain America.

This is a business after all..not a country.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh Pat, Pat, you are not helping the situation.

It seems he must have a book coming out or something.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Certainly interesting times we are witnessing. Far too long the majority of Patriots have had enough. we are already seeing petitions to do just this with Colorado and Texas. The differences seem to have the government and the people in a stalemate. Perhaps this is the only solution to avoiding a revolution redux...

I AM NOT advocating for violence. Just stating a possibility as learned from the past.

Now comes the hater comments........

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah, finally the return of the Republic of Texas. Y'all come on down and join.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

slednecktx

When I move the family down there, you must take us out for a real genuine Texas bbq!

Seriously, San Antonio was on my list of possibilities.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

slednecktx

...and when the first major hurricane comes and decimates Corpus Christie or Padre or anywhere on the coast...don't come crying for federal funds for your billions in damage. And if Mexican drug lords decide to go ahead and take a few boarder towns shoot it out yourselves...the US will seize all of its heavy arms and bases. Have fun

Y all. Good riddance

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Really? There are more guns in private hands in Texas than probable the rest of the country. When I was in the Marines , an instructor told us in the event of a Russian invasion Texas was the last state they would attempt to invade.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

slednecktx

Don't get me wrong, I will be coming down if it gets that bad (I realize that it is awful close, btw).

However, Mr. Buchanan has a long record of sensationalizing and I find it a little bit odd that he is getting so much press on yet another self-serving pseudo-prophecy. I am not giving up on the constitutional republic any time soon and neither should anyone else. Just because we have an ideological fight on our hands doesn't mean we should cut and run. If anything, I think we have 'em on the ropes here so it bothers me to hear this kind of insincere bluster.

We just have to stick to the principles that made us great and make sure to cite every disastrous current policy that proves our point relentlessly. If we minimize official power from the ground up, we will be left with a, perhaps dazed and disillusioned but, fully intact union.

top topics

join