It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using A Sexy Video Game Avatar Makes Women Objectify Themselves

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Eyes over here fellas..sheesh.
...Well if it were 1914, some may think my Avatar was a 23 skidoo.(hottie)
But I wouldn't. I have Theda Bara as the Virgin Mary because it's striking
not sexy. It's a reminder of the quiet but not to be underestimated power
of women.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by schuyler

Women who look "good," i.e.: are sexually attractive, are more likely to be able to have and nurture healthy children.

HA! Really? healthy nurtured children come from women men deem physically attractive bull pocky! The best looking to men would be prostitutes more times than not.

Yes well the woman do seem to chose to do whatever stupid pitiful thing it takes to make a guy think she is "beautiful"! From stupid high heel shoes to ridiculous fake eyelashes and a ton of crap.

The women of ATS don't even need avatars. They are all intelligent, compassionate, caring, sensitive, strong, and beautiful inside and out as are all women. I find that women are much more interesting than men in every way. They don't get the credit they deserve in the world and certain religions and parts of the world who still keep women down and abuse them will never succeed.

As for the avatars i see no reason why women should not express whatever they want to through their avatars.
I will admit I enjoy looking at them and they can definitely spark your imagination lol. I find nothing wrong with that.

Women have always had power over men and if most men are honest they don't mind at all.

I say keep them coming ladies.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Char-Lee

covertpanther

Char-Lee
reply to post by schuyler

Women who look "good," i.e.: are sexually attractive, are more likely to be able to have and nurture healthy children.

HA! Really? healthy nurtured children come from women men deem physically attractive bull pocky! The best looking to men would be prostitutes more times than not.

Yes well the woman do seem to chose to do whatever stupid pitiful thing it takes to make a guy think she is "beautiful"! From stupid high heel shoes to ridiculous fake eyelashes and a ton of crap.

Ironic when I look at your avatar, what "message" or reflection are you trying to give out with the make up, eyelashes etc..?

"the best looking to men would be prostitutes more times then not" ?

That is a very unclassy thing to say.. Stereotyping is not cool, and the reason people try to portray an image rather be themselves naturally. I prefer no makeup, hair down.. As a man, the best look for a woman, is the "just woke up".

I really dont understand your reply.. Maybe I missed something? I apologize if so, but stereotyping the counter-part always bothers me..

As for the topic on hand - wouldnt it be great if peoples avatars were pictures of themselves? Judgement and stereotyping prevent people from opening up and doing such things. It makes people behave or portray something they actually are not, so others will accept them.

Its simple psychology...

Maybe you did not read all of what I responded to. I don't wear makeup, I have auburn hair to my ankles, I told the avatar makers thread my basic personage, i am modest and auburn headed, green eyed and love nature and gardening,,,they made this and the person who created it made a beautiful avatar though avatars mean nothing to me I am glad to use it and grateful to the creator of it.

Maybe what i said was a put down to men but men do seem to go for the most made-up and false woman in a room 9 times out of 10 in my experience...that they feel is beauty. Thankfully my husband feels i am beautiful naturally.

Char-Lee, I am not sure if you saw my post to the thread but I find women are stronger than men in almost every way. I respect them and find their is beauty in everything about them. Maybe I am not a normal man.

I find nothing wrong with a woman choosing to express herself in anyway she wants to through her avatar. I will certainly be honest in that I enjoy looking at the different avatars. I am not a gamer so they are all fascinating to me. Honestly, of course they spark the imagination and I think that only makes me normal as a man. It is just what is natural, fantasy.

Women have such power and strength. For me the description of yourself was better than any avatar, I find long hair very sexy, does that mean I objectify you. I hope not, instead I would hope it would be flattering to you. It is all about perspective.

The Bot

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join