It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satan both the Holy Spirit and God’s wife or Asherah?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

Akragon

ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by Greatest I am

Satan is God's right hand man. He's more important that Jesus. They are very much in cahoots in the human soul dealing business.

hmm... I don't know about that one...

Me thinks ye got the hands screwed up...

How do you explain God rewarding Satan?

Regards
DL

It's inherent in the internal logic of the mythos...why wouldn't that explain it?

Å99

Stumped me. That does not happen that often. Ouch.

What internal logic says that evil is to be rewarded?

Regards
DL

I'm sure there are situations where you could (according to your own internal logic) excuse yourself for perpetrating an act deemed 'evil' from the standpoint of a different situation...forgiving yourself is a step closer to forgiving others...smiles all 'round...

Å99

Now I understand what you meant and reject what you are saying.

I agree that I have excused past evils and have forgiven myself for evil but that is not the same as rewarding myself for them. That would not be moral at all.

Regards
DL

...and that would depend on your concept of reward-punishment (or vice versa)...

Forgiveness is 'not' your reward?

Å99

I agree.

Regards
DL

You 'reject' what I'm saying, but, you agree???

Å99

That is what I do with such vague statements.

I agree that it depend on your concept of reward-punishment.
It becomes an individual choice and who could disagree with that. You said not much of anything and I agreed.

I agreed that my own forgiveness of myself is not a reward although there are benefits.

Do you think self forgiveness is a reward in it's own rite?

I am following the conversation. I think. Are you?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Greatest I am

WarminIndy

Greatest I am

WarminIndy

Asherah was the wife of El. Later, they began to associate Asherah with a pole later, but then tried to dismiss her altogether. But to say she was Satan, that's a big leap. Satan means adversary, and I guess if a woman would be your adversary then maybe she qualifies.

Asherah was a Canaanite goddess. You can find mention of her first in the Ugaritic text. Her primary role was mother. I suppose if your mother is your adversary, then she might qualify. But Asherah was not associated with evil and Satan. Asherah

The prohibition for the Mosaic Jews was against idol worship. By setting up poles to worship her as an idol became the issue, not "did she exist or not". She's in the Bible, you just have to look for her. She is Mother Wisdom, Hochmah.

While she was associated with the serpent and trees, then she would be the basis for Eve. But to say she is Satan, no, I'm not seeing that association. Satan in the Bible is always referred to as a male. But thanks for keeping the tradition alive of women viewed as the adversary to be avoided.

I guess it's a man's world after all.

Look at that painting of Michael Angelo again and comment on your thoughts on when Satan grew those things on his chest?

Regards
DL

Michealangelo was an artist and took artistic license. The same way every artist, filmmaker and song writer does. They project their own worldview into what they are making. Just because Michaelangelo did that does not mean it was true, it just means that he wanted to believe it.

If we are going solely on Michaelangelo's interpretation of what he believed, then we miss out on what someone else believes. What about Shiva, why does Shiva have breasts too? Could it be that the one who made the first statue thought that's how it should be?

Artistic license....

Simply put, artistic license means an artist is accorded leeway in his or her interpretation of something, and is not held strictly accountable for accuracy. For example, the director of your local theatre group might decide it's high time Shakespeare's Hamlet was staged with the entire cast walking on stilts. Obviously, this was not how they did things back at the old Globe, but the director has been seized with an artistic vision and must be indulged. A poet is granted artistic license to rhyme something with the word "orange," even though "orange" has no rhyming word in English. Music sampling is a relatively new discipline, in which bits and pieces of other works are taken and compiled into a new piece. The sampler has taken (sometimes wild) artistic license with other musicians' works. In many cases, the sampling community will rate new pieces, and one of the judging criteria is entitled "Artistic License."

It was a man's world in Michaelangelo's day.

The Renaissance painters also put fig leaves on Adam and Eve and had horns on Moses' head and David was not circumcised.

The fact is that Michael Angelo was painting what the Pope wanted him to paint and the Pope saw Satan as a woman.

That is the point and not artistic licence that the Pope would have rejected if he did not agree that Satan was a woman.

Regards
DL

Because the pope says so makes it so????

LOL, that's too funny. And yes, artistic license was taken. But then again, the pope didn't have a choice by the time Michaelangelo was finished.

Maybe it was just THAT pope?

He did create my favorite piece of art, The Pieta but he also made the statue of David, and it wasn't circumcised. My art history professor blushed when I pointed that out. Artistic license....

And can your attention be drawn to the fact that in those panels where they are wearing clothing, it's Medieval style? Artistic license....

edit on 10/11/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

Akragon

ItCameFromOuterSpace

Satan is God's right hand man. He's more important that Jesus. They are very much in cahoots in the human soul dealing business.

Regards
DL

It's inherent in the internal logic of the mythos...why wouldn't that explain it?

Å99

Regards
DL

I'm sure there are situations where you could (according to your own internal logic) excuse yourself for perpetrating an act deemed 'evil' from the standpoint of a different situation...forgiving yourself is a step closer to forgiving others...smiles all 'round...

Å99

I agree that I have excused past evils and have forgiven myself for evil but that is not the same as rewarding myself for them. That would not be moral at all.

Regards
DL

...and that would depend on your concept of reward-punishment (or vice versa)...

Å99

I agree.

Regards
DL

Å99

It becomes an individual choice and who could disagree with that. You said not much of anything and I agreed.

I agreed that my own forgiveness of myself is not a reward although there are benefits.

Regards
DL

Do you mean you don't know whether you are?

Your answer to my question above is a hedge-bet..."not a reward although there are benefits." you might want to examine what sort of psychological and intellectual wriggle room you are hiding from yourself.

My answer is...Why would you want to be so armageddon on your own fundament?
The expression - If you can't love yourself...comes to mind. If you can't forgive yourself...?!

But, 'right you are'...continue with the less sensitive arguments.

Å99

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
the bible says there's no wife's in heaven....

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Greatest I am

WarminIndy

Greatest I am

WarminIndy

Asherah was the wife of El. Later, they began to associate Asherah with a pole later, but then tried to dismiss her altogether. But to say she was Satan, that's a big leap. Satan means adversary, and I guess if a woman would be your adversary then maybe she qualifies.

Asherah was a Canaanite goddess. You can find mention of her first in the Ugaritic text. Her primary role was mother. I suppose if your mother is your adversary, then she might qualify. But Asherah was not associated with evil and Satan. Asherah

The prohibition for the Mosaic Jews was against idol worship. By setting up poles to worship her as an idol became the issue, not "did she exist or not". She's in the Bible, you just have to look for her. She is Mother Wisdom, Hochmah.

While she was associated with the serpent and trees, then she would be the basis for Eve. But to say she is Satan, no, I'm not seeing that association. Satan in the Bible is always referred to as a male. But thanks for keeping the tradition alive of women viewed as the adversary to be avoided.

I guess it's a man's world after all.

Look at that painting of Michael Angelo again and comment on your thoughts on when Satan grew those things on his chest?

Regards
DL

Michealangelo was an artist and took artistic license. The same way every artist, filmmaker and song writer does. They project their own worldview into what they are making. Just because Michaelangelo did that does not mean it was true, it just means that he wanted to believe it.

If we are going solely on Michaelangelo's interpretation of what he believed, then we miss out on what someone else believes. What about Shiva, why does Shiva have breasts too? Could it be that the one who made the first statue thought that's how it should be?

Artistic license....

Simply put, artistic license means an artist is accorded leeway in his or her interpretation of something, and is not held strictly accountable for accuracy. For example, the director of your local theatre group might decide it's high time Shakespeare's Hamlet was staged with the entire cast walking on stilts. Obviously, this was not how they did things back at the old Globe, but the director has been seized with an artistic vision and must be indulged. A poet is granted artistic license to rhyme something with the word "orange," even though "orange" has no rhyming word in English. Music sampling is a relatively new discipline, in which bits and pieces of other works are taken and compiled into a new piece. The sampler has taken (sometimes wild) artistic license with other musicians' works. In many cases, the sampling community will rate new pieces, and one of the judging criteria is entitled "Artistic License."

It was a man's world in Michaelangelo's day.

The Renaissance painters also put fig leaves on Adam and Eve and had horns on Moses' head and David was not circumcised.

The fact is that Michael Angelo was painting what the Pope wanted him to paint and the Pope saw Satan as a woman.

That is the point and not artistic licence that the Pope would have rejected if he did not agree that Satan was a woman.

Regards
DL

Because the pope says so makes it so????

LOL, that's too funny. And yes, artistic license was taken. But then again, the pope didn't have a choice by the time Michaelangelo was finished.

Maybe it was just THAT pope?

He did create my favorite piece of art, The Pieta but he also made the statue of David, and it wasn't circumcised. My art history professor blushed when I pointed that out. Artistic license....

And can your attention be drawn to the fact that in those panels where they are wearing clothing, it's Medieval style? Artistic license....

edit on 10/11/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

Yours is a foolish theory as the Popes was always bugging the hell out of M A while he was working. At least that is how history writes it.

To think that the head of the church would not be aware of M A painting Satan a main character to his church, and costing a lot of money, as a woman is too silly for me to even contemplate.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

Akragon

ItCameFromOuterSpace

Regards
DL

Å99

Regards
DL

Å99

Regards
DL

Å99

I agree.

Regards
DL

Å99

Regards
DL

Your answer to my question above is a hedge-bet..."not a reward although there are benefits." you might want to examine what sort of psychological and intellectual wriggle room you are hiding from yourself.

The expression - If you can't love yourself...comes to mind. If you can't forgive yourself...?!

Å99

The nice think about psychobabble is that it is always babble.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

spartacus699
the bible says there's no wife's in heaven....

It also says that snakes and donkeys can talk human and a genocidal God had his son needlessly murdered.

Did you have a point you wanted to make?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

akushla99

Greatest I am

Akragon

ItCameFromOuterSpace

Regards
DL

Å99

Regards
DL

Å99

Regards
DL

Å99

I agree.

Regards
DL

Å99

Regards
DL

Å99

The nice think about psychobabble is that it is always babble.

Regards
DL

You can always tell when someone has nowhere else to go...instead of confronting the issue/question/posit, let's say it's psychobabble...

You're MO's been revealed, once again...
Good luck with the avoidance issues...

Å99

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Greatest I am

Did you know that the panel of God and Adam....that he presents God as a brain? Were you aware of that? Do you think the pope would have agreed with that one?

Maybe you should take an art history course, you might learn something about art.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

WarminIndy

Greatest I am

Did you know that the panel of God and Adam....that he presents God as a brain? Were you aware of that? Do you think the pope would have agreed with that one?

Maybe you should take an art history course, you might learn something about art.

A link would be good. I might learn of art while you learn how to present it.

If as you say, I do not have what you say you have, then it is not surprising at all given their dogma.

www.ewtn.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Greatest I am

WarminIndy

Greatest I am

A link would be good. I might learn of art while you learn how to present it.

If as you say, I do not have what you say you have, then it is not surprising at all given their dogma.

www.ewtn.com...

Regards
DL

Art history class....

But here's a link anyway...

Michaelangelo and God as a brain

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Greatest I am

Now I can answer your question.

Yes. I believe that the Pope would have agreed.

The reason I think so is that the largest sculpture in the Vatican is of the pineal gland. The enlightenment gland if you will.

The ancients were well aware of the brain and the function of some of the components. So was the bible from it's esoteric writings.

If short of time, start this clip at about the 14 min mark and you will note what the bible knew.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join