It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this Cure Diabetes and Save Tom Hanks Too?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
One of the simplest ways to naturally treat diabetes is to switch to a ketogenic diet.

Here's the abstract:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

OrphanApology
One of the simplest ways to naturally treat diabetes is to switch to a ketogenic diet.

Here's the abstract:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

impossible.both pardon? and his associate crazyewok deny such claims.

they say only big pharma pills treat diabetes and everything else is a lie or a loonie.

they also claim pharma sponsored research is the absolute truth.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Humans aren't designed to eat grains/carbohydrates.

I am convinced of this. Every study that places participants on a ketogenic diet have had astounding results for everything from epilepsy to diabetes to cancer.

If human beings were intended to eat grains, they wouldn't taste like # to us in their natural form.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ultra sound is not recommended over anything but skin and bone, with no major organs under neath.
It can burn bone. I'm not so sure it would help a pancreas, and as previously mentione, not all diabetes is caused by pancreas issues.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

PtolemyII
Ultra sound is not recommended over anything but skin and bone, with no major organs under neath.
It can burn bone. I'm not so sure it would help a pancreas, and as previously mentione, not all diabetes is caused by pancreas issues.

explain the ultrasound used for fetus scans.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

beckybecky

PtolemyII

explain the ultrasound used for fetus scans.

It's not dangerous. It's sound waves. A rock concert would probably be more damaging to a fetus than an ultrasound any day of the week. Same for other organs as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Something interesting I found. I located a Harvard Medical Study that says that Type 1 diabetics pancreases work just fine. That is to say that diabetic pancreases in some cases actually produce pro-insulin (insulin with c-peptide and everything). The problem is that the CD8 (T-Cells) are attacking the pro-insulin itself!

Link to Harvard Gazette: Researchers ID antigen for type 1 diabetes

The medical study: Insulin as an Autoantigen in NOD/Human Diabetes

According to Hafler, while the scientists were surprised by how virtually all of the expanded T cells from the draining lymph nodes could recognize the single insulin antigen, they emphasize that these experiments need to be expanded to larger series of patients. According to Hafler, if insulin is driving the destruction of the cells that produce insulin, the next step involves further testing of insulin to determine if it can be manipulated to better manage the disease or prevent it altogether. Preliminary work by the University of Miami's Jay Skyler, from the NIH-sponsored Diabetes Prevention Trial, suggests that turning off immune responses to insulin may have a potentially beneficial effect on the disease.

If this is true and the body is attacking the INSULIN itself, then possibly every type 1 diabetic may be experiencing this "autoimmune attack of proinsulin." If we could just figure out how to stop that attack, because I believe big-pharma will not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join