It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this Cure Diabetes and Save Tom Hanks Too?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The world famous multimillionaire actor Tom Hanks has just announced that he been diagnosed with diabetes it has been reported in the press,He is very rich and worth at least $180 million.

According to various press reports he was very angry ,disgusted and said it shouldn't have happened to him as he is rich and famous and didn't deserve it.

This shows rich and famous people are not immune to disease and death.This shows that if you have a fat bank balance ,fancy expensive cars , a huge mansion with a swimming pool you can still get disease!

Anyway recently it has been discovered that that ultrasound can heal open wound ulcers and

Ultrasound Patch Heals Venous Ulcers in Human Trial.

This is an image of a person wearing the therapeutic ultrasound patch used in this study.
Battery operated ultrasound patch delivers therapeutic ultrasound to heal venous ulcers. Image courtesy of Drexel University.

In a small clinical study, researchers administered a new method for treating chronic wounds using a novel ultrasound applicator that can be worn like a band-aid. The applicator delivers low-frequency, low-intensity ultrasound directly to wounds, and was found to significantly accelerate healing in five patients with venous ulcers. Venous ulcers are caused when valves in the veins malfunction, causing blood to pool in the leg instead of returning to the heart. This pooling, called venous stasis, can cause proteins and cells in the vein to leak into the surrounding tissue leading to inflammation and formation of an ulcer.

Look at the wound pictures.Disgusting aren't they?

Anyway i thought in a brilliant flash of ingenuity if the device can heal or start to chronic wounds maybe this device can heal the pancreas which produces insulin and hence diabetes.

Could this Cure Diabetes and Save Tom Hanks Too?

Ant thoughts on this?

www.nibib.nih.gov...

edit on 10-10-2013 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

The deep problem with diabetes is not pancreas not producing insulin, the problem is immune system attacing insulin producing beta cells in pancreas ( type 1). Even when they have injected healthy insulin producing cells ( in liver ) and for temporalily "cured " diabetes, immune system keeps on its war against insulin producing cells.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Amazing if there are no side effects.

I'm confused though... why is the skin all dark and splotchy?

I assume the one on the right is a black person that has healed, but on the left is this a black person or a white person and why is their skin splotchy? Is that part of the problem? It just kind of freaked me out at first because I thought diabetics get gangrene, so when I looked at all the dark spots i thought...gangrene and how in the world are they going to heal gangrene and isn't the gangrene actually worse that the wound?

but now I'm just like... what is going on with those splotches? Is it where they have removed some skin on a black person? It looks almost like debrided burns or something.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Screw Tom Hanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Jefferton
Screw Tom Hanks.

BAH, we've got to save Tom Hanks 99.9/100 Americans would agree that Tom Hanks seems like a really nice guy who just enjoys his typewriters.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

beckybecky
The world famous multimillionaire actor Tom Hanks has just announced that he been diagnosed with diabetes it has been reported in the press,He is very rich and worth at least $180 million.

According to various press reports he was very angry ,disgusted and said it shouldn't have happened to him as he is rich and famous and didn't deserve it.

Uh, according to who? Did you make this up? In the article I read he attributed his condition partly to the roles he took where he had to gain 30+ pounds, that and a genetic predisposition. He seems emotionally at peace with his condition and I can't find any source stating he didn't deserve it because he was rich:

The actor added his diabetes was "part of life" and he felt "just fine".

In a later interview with BBC Arts Editor Will Gompertz, Hanks said: "I always joke: you've got to maintain the temple. I get regular exercise and I eat right - which everybody should do - and I take certain meds."

Speaking at the Captain Phillips press conference on Wednesday, Hanks said: "Gaining and losing of weight may have had something to do with this because you eat so much bad food and you don't get any exercise when you're heavy.

"But I think I was genetically inclined to get it and I think it actually and goes back to a lifestyle I've been leading ever since I was seven years old, as opposed to 36."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Tom Hanks is a great man, one who earned everything he made and he has paid back to the little guy, often giving people small roles, backing their projects, helping them in their careers, etc.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

NotAnAspie

I assume the one on the right is a black person that has healed, but on the left is this a black person or a white person and why is their skin splotchy? Is that part of the problem? It just kind of freaked me out at first because I thought diabetics get gangrene, so when I looked at all the dark spots i thought...gangrene and how in the world are they going to heal gangrene and isn't the gangrene actually worse that the wound?

but now I'm just like... what is going on with those splotches? Is it where they have removed some skin on a black person? It looks almost like debrided burns or something.

Excess sugar in the blood damages blood vessels. Especially capillaries. This can cause circulation problems that can result in infections, healing problems, and areas of tissue to die. This happens quite often in the extremities. If not treated, gangrene can result and necessitate amputation. Splotches can be from previous wounds and infections, or tissue damage from circulation problems.

edit on 10-10-2013 by Magister because: addition

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

This has to be the most useless post I have ever read. Why dont you just say that this ultrasound patch can cure erectile disfunction too?

What does the patch have anything to do wtih Tom Hanks?

What?

Were you bored today?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Magister

NotAnAspie

Excess sugar in the blood damages blood vessels. Especially capillaries. This can cause circulation problems that can result in infections, healing problems, and areas of tissue to die. This happens quite often in the extremities. If not treated, gangrene can result and necessitate amputation. Splotches can be from previous wounds and infections, or tissue damage from circulation problems.

So the person on the left is a white person? If that is a white person then I think I'd be more concerned with all that darkened possibly gangrene skin because that looks grim and does not look like any kind of normal scarring. I was hoping that was a black person who has had their skin debrided or something for whatever reason but now I'm all confused. The lighter skin looks like it is raw so I'm hoping that is a black person who does NOT have gangrene because that does not look hopeful if they have that much gangrene. on the other hand, if that is a black person, maybe it's not that infected and will grow back.

it looks more like debrided skin to me and I hope that is not gangrene because I'm confused at what I'm looking at and the picture does not make it very obvious really.

I didn't even read the article. i'm going to feel really stupid if it was in there if that person was black or white.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

NotAnAspie

Magister

NotAnAspie

So the person on the left is a white person? If that is a white person then I think I'd be more concerned with all that darkened possibly gangrene skin because that looks grim and does not look like any kind of normal scarring. I was hoping that was a black person who has had their skin debrided or something for whatever reason but now I'm all confused. The lighter skin looks like it is raw so I'm hoping that is a black person who does NOT have gangrene because that does not look hopeful if they have that much gangrene. on the other hand, if that is a black person, maybe it's not that infected and will grow back.

it looks more like debrided skin to me and I hope that is not gangrene because I'm confused at what I'm looking at and the picture does not make it very obvious really.

I didn't even read the article. i'm going to feel really stupid if it was in there if that person was black or white.

If it was gangrene they would not treat the wound, they would amputate (actually if the black areas were gangrene, with that much area, the person would already be dead). Probable that both subjects are black. Splotches are scaring from previous sores/wounds.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Life is like a box of chocolates, well diabetic choc for hanks. i think diabetes has been cured like many other illnesses that require chronic meds for life it won't come to light

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Magister

NotAnAspie

Magister

NotAnAspie

If it was gangrene they would not treat the wound, they would amputate (actually if the black areas were gangrene, with that much area, the person would already be dead). Probable that both subjects are black. Splotches are scaring from previous sores/wounds.

yeah... that is what I was thinking about the gangrene. I also forgot that some healed scarring on black people stays light. It just really looked to me like some painful skin removal has gone on because of the yellowish color in some areas of the lighter skin.... but maybe that is just the camera. It just looked kinda raw like it had been scrubbed or peeled off and some of it went all the way down to the flesh, ulcer or no ulcer, it just looks very painful.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
...Could you supply links and sources as to where it says he's too rich and famous to deserve this please... I can't seem to find them. I have met Mr. Hanks on 2 occasions and each time he took the time to chat with me... Spent 20 + minutes talking to me at one time... Doesn't seem like someone who feels that way... Pretty down to Earth to me...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

001ggg100
...Could you supply links and sources as to where it says he's too rich and famous to deserve this please... I can't seem to find them. I have met Mr. Hanks on 2 occasions and each time he took the time to chat with me... Spent 20 + minutes talking to me at one time... Doesn't seem like someone who feels that way... Pretty down to Earth to me...

maybe he was joking. he seems to do that a lot but who knows.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Type 2 Diabetes is not a death sentence, it is the most common there is and there are estimated to be 25 million men, women and children who have it.

many of those live a long life and do a good job at maintaining their health. hell i've known and know at least 10 people that lived well into their 70's and 80's only to die from other causes and have other problems that are more of a life threat than diabetes.

maybe one day it will be cured, but one can live a long time with it.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

NotAnAspie

001ggg100

... Well naturally, the point I'm making is that I can't find it (the quote)... Secondly, I'm assuming beckybecky believes that Hanks is serious... I wanted to let the OP know that he didn't appear to be the type of person to whine like that...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

001ggg100

NotAnAspie

001ggg100

... Well naturally, the point I'm making is that I can't find it (the quote)... Secondly, I'm assuming beckybecky believes that Hanks is serious... I wanted to let the OP know that he didn't appear to be the type of person to whine like that...

well this looks like it might contain some of it and it might have originated on letterman...so if she read that it was on letterman and the additional ways in which he is carrying on according to this article, then she almost has to know he was joking. Actually, it sounds as though she was being sarcastic herself kind of over stating the fact that rich people get diseases...and does not seem to have taken offense or think he is a bad person, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Look at the cause of Diabetes. Once you understand more you will realize this post wasn't a very good idea.

There is a cure for diabetes if you are diagnosed early enough.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have another obvious question about this thread... What in the hell does a ultrasound healing technology used for venous lesion healing have to do with diabetes and Tom Hanks?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

NotAnAspie

001ggg100

I could see him sarcastically saying "But I'm rich I'm not supposed to get sick!" something like that. Which is funny. He is one of the most modest people in Hollywood, not to mention hard working so it's apparent the quote is false in some way.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join