It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the US to cut off giving free money to the rest of the world and take care of itself?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

These are the exact reasons we need to disengage in these practices.

The US is no longer the "big daddy" of the world, we are no longer the bastion of freedom, we are not the "police of the world", we are nearly broke and the butt of the world's jokes.

We can no longer afford to and should not be bribing anyone into servitude.

We should not be trying to control the world in any way, shape or form, militarily or monetarily. The US is no longer able to afford to do it or to attempt to do it.

The US needs to start looking to taking care of its own people, not trying to cause as much pain as possible to its own people.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you at all except to say you made excellent points as to why we should NOT be giving foreign aid or have our military in Europe, Asia or Africa.

The US, since the early 1900s has been an empire. No more no less.

Freedom, democracy, etc, etc. all a red herring.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

19KTankCommander
reply to post by grandmakdw

Yes I have, I have sent several list but never get any reply.

They almost never reply. Whenever I send a message to congress or the senate or the white house, I never expect to get an answer, nor should you. That is the reality of DC, however, it does NOT mean that you weren't heard.

I had a dear friend who worked for a Senator and he told me that whatever you take the time to write to "them" is counted as if 500 other people hold the same view you do. Statistically, that is accurate.

You may not feel as if you were heard, but trust me you were. I often get "form" letters back. But since I know from my friend how it works: You send a letter/note and a staffer reads it and then it is summarized and given to the representative with a list of how many other people said basically the same thing. They then multiply that number by 500 to determine how many of their constituents feel the same way.

One chime my friend can knock the whole wind chime so it makes noise. One voice, no matter how small, can make a difference.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

19KTankCommander

TextYou really have no idea the purpose of foreign "aid" or the reason there are nearly 200 military bases around the world, do you?

Sad to say I do understand about foreign aide, and the Military bases have nothing do with it, this is paid by a separate fund, example, Housing on military bases is built by American dollars but we rent them out from the host nation, we don't own the land we lease it, example Philippians prior to the volcano erupting.

This is not foreign aide, its another fund, that is fund through the department of Defense. having spent 20+ years traveling around the world you get to learn were the money goes, example did you know that the Coast Guard is funded through the Department of transportation?

You are thinking too small again.

Foreign aid = Servitude.

Military Bases = Threat of occupation, strike.

Foreign aid is designed to create massive debts in the host nations. Projects are greenlighted which the nation doesn't need at all, the higher ups take their payouts, launder money in safe banking havens. You will notice every overturned dictators from Africa, from wherever getting aide, has these monies. (US BRIBES). The useless infrastructure projects, (bridges to nowhere, power plants with no power, etc) sometimes never even get finished, THEY ARE ALL CONTRACTED TO US COMPANIES!

Then, the country somehow is in debt. The aid in many cases, simply backs loans from IMF, world bank, which puts them in more debt. Or it pays debt owed to US corps hired for the infrastructure projects never intended to do anything.

-

Military bases, it doesn't matter where the money comes from, they are the constant threat that the US can invade or launch strikes (or launch drone strikes to kill "terrorists" aka. Anyone that doesn't agree with them) at any time.

Therefore, say, a country doesnt wanna play ball within this system anymore (like perhaps, default on loan, stop using US dollar for trade), there is the threat they will get _______!!! Think Iraq, Libya, Egypt, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc!!!

Sanctions, can't have sanctions without military presence. Iran, Korea, Syria...

Anyone get it now, now that I have spelled it all out???

It is a system. An empire. A means to an end. All interconnected for one purpose, one goal.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The US is no longer
and can no longer afford to be
or pretend to be
an empire.

It is time the US engages in MYOB (mind you own business)

and stops trying to boss around the rest of the world
through its military

and stops giving a paternal "allowance" which you call servitude inducing
in the form of foreign aid

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

boncho

19KTankCommander

It is a system. An empire. A means to an end. All interconnected for one purpose, one goal.

And it is high time the US realizes that for the health of it's economy and for the people of the US not to suffer more than our government is currently trying to get us to suffer; that we need to withdraw from the system and drop the pretense of being an empire we are now like Rome the crumbling shell of a once great empire.

The US can no longer afford to pay a metaphorical "tribute" (support) for the rest of the world.

Rome has fallen, the US has fallen and has to withdraw from the system, and regroup and look realistically at what is left in this sad but once great empire.
edit on 10-10-2013 by grandmakdw because: fix the response to show correctly

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Boncho,

And it is high time the US realizes that for the health of it's economy and for the people of the US not to suffer more than our government is currently trying to get us to suffer; that we need to withdraw from the system and drop the pretense of being an empire. We are now like Rome the crumbling shell of a once great empire.

The US can no longer pay metaphorical "tribute" to the rest of the world.

The US, like the Roman empire, has imploded and must withdraw from the system. The US is a has been empire, a sad and pathetic one who can no longer afford to pretend otherwise. It now needs to look at what can really be afforded and taken care of; and trying to game the system by pretending to be an empire is passe and pathetic. The US can not afford foreign aid anymore. Nor can it afford to "protect" the rest of the world any longer. We are broke, dead broke and have to feed our own first.
edit on 10-10-2013 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

boncho

It was manipulated and conned into becoming an empire by foreign interests with the intent to implode it from within.

One purpose. One goal.
edit on 10-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: One bling to rule them all...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

BardingTheBard

boncho

It was manipulated and conned into becoming an empire by foreign interests with the intent to implode it from within.

One purpose. One goal.

Guess it worked.

The US has imploded!

Just look at how our government works (not!)

Just look at how our new overhaul of the health care system has worked in its launch (glitches is putting it so mildly as to be the biggest understatement of all time)

So since the US has imploded, NOW can we withdraw from the system and take care of US citizens first
rather than the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

grandmakdw
So since the US has imploded, NOW can we withdraw from the system and take care of US citizens first
rather than the rest of the world.

Nope. The intent is to have the people of the US just as dependent on the "Secret Nobility Banking Empire"... sorry... I mean "Peaceful World Government"... as everyone else. There is no big picture plan to let the US people take care of themselves. Most Americans don't even have that plan anymore and are aiding in the process.

They've still got plenty of work to do... but yeah the skids are certainly well greased for a rapid ride down.
edit on 10-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

grandmakdw
If we cut off ALL foreign aid we might be able to pay off the debt.

The scale of the problem:

19KTankCommander says 55 Billion. Other sources around the net say 37 Billion, 23 Billion, 49.5 Billion.
Depends on how you count it, but lets take the upper figure, 55 Billion.

But the US is sinking into debt at the rate of 1300 Billion each year.

So, cutting all foreign aid gives you just 0.042 of the problem.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

.42 is way more than our government is being responsible with now

It is a start and a quick start

The US needs to look seriously at where it can cut the quickest for the least amount of pain for the average american. Foreign aid, paying for military bases overseas (i know how costly they are, I've lived in them a total of 6 years and the locals generally despise having us there). Are 2 quick ways to cut billions of dollars with no pain for the average american.

Then we need to take a hard look at all grants and pare them down to which ones will benefit the PEOPLE of the US the most in years to come. Not animals, not birds, not turtles, not art, etc., people)
That will only be another small percentage

So drop our UN payments to 10% of their budget, that saves another small percentage

Close redundant government offices, i.e. Dept of Education (every state has one, it is unnecessary and a function of state and more importantly local government); pare the EPA down by 90% so they stop hurting the american economy with their harmful and economy killing regulations and let them focus on real issues; cut all departments added to the government in the past 10 years, if we didn't need them 10 years ago we don't need them now. Including the TSA, give that job back to contractors at airports.

Ok only a few more billion there, but keep at it and we can pare down the federal government until it only does the jobs the constitution said it should do. Provide for the common defense being the main task.

The US HAS to tighten it's belt, pare down to the basics until the debt is paid and then live within it's means. Like the people in the country have to do.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Here's a link to the U.S. Treasury daily balance sheets.

Look at what they spend and start deducting.....

Oct 9, 2013

Link to older sheets

It looks like we already have $65 billion deficit since Oct 1
!!!!

Pay attention to the "Public Debt" transactions.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

BardingTheBard

boncho

One purpose. One goal.

Right, so who was behind it. The ones getting raped for their natural resource, the ones being sanctioned for not playing ball, or the ones with a military base on their land and a jolly threat outside their window?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

boncho
Right, so who was behind it. The ones getting raped for their natural resource, the ones being sanctioned for not playing ball, or the ones with a military base on their land and a jolly threat outside their window?

European financial interests for most of the 19th and early 20th century. In particular using the threat of "we can't pay our debt to your bankers if you don't join the two world wars".

We'd call them full on International Financiers now... the kind who sees everyone as "one planet... us... and our workers".
edit on 10-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You are thinking too small again.
Foreign aid = Servitude.
Military Bases = Threat of occupation, strike.

AHHHhhh, Now I understand. Yes we are on the same page.

If I recall the change in the USA from Isolationist to world "Policemen' came about at the same time the Federal Reserve Act was passed. Paul Warburg, a representative of the Rothschild banking dynasty, came over from Europe to write the law.

1913 - Federal Reserve Act
WWI - began on 28 July 1914 and lasted until 11 November 1918

Of course one of the main purposes of a fiat currency is to finance wars in such a way that the peasants do not revolt over the increase in taxation. The increase being disguised as inflation.

Also of interest is the death of Cecil Rhodes in 1902 leaving his fortune in trust to Nathan Rothschild.

The exact wording from this will is:

To and for the establishment, promotion and development of a Secret Society, the true aim and object whereof shall be for the extension of British rule throughout the world, the perfecting of a system of emigration from the United Kingdom, and of colonisation by British subjects of all lands where the means of livelihood are attainable by energy, labour and enterprise, and especially the occupation by British settlers of the entire Continent of Africa, the Holy Land, the Valley of the Euphrates, the Islands of Cyprus and Candia, the whole of South America, the Islands of the Pacific not heretofore possessed by Great Britain, the whole of the Malay Archipelago, the seaboard of China and Japan, the ultimate recovery of the United States of America as an integral part of the British Empire, the inauguration of a system of Colonial representation in the Imperial Parliament which may tend to weld together the disjointed members of the Empire and, finally, the foundation of so great a Power as to render wars impossible, and promote the best interests of humanity

LINK

As I said Americans provide the money and the blood for the globalist and their empire building.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join