It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a bird? a plane? a Meteor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I would just like to share my experience this morning. I'm still fascinated and in awe about what I saw.

Where to start? well I'll explain the exact moment for people to help with information and to pick at. I was at work, I work in a cemetery in south Staffordshire in the UK, pretty open space, its roughly 9.30am. Clear bright sunny morning not a cloud in sight, the sun is pretty low and the temperatures are even lower lol.

I look up and see, what at first, something that looked like a stray cloud. I shout over to my mate and we both just stop what we are doing, we just stare, we couldn't take our eyes off the said something for the whole two minutes it was there. as we questioned and queried it faded and disappointment came over us, but we was so hyped from the event.

All of a sudden we notice a second one, literally just to its left, we thought we may of missed it being so intrigued by the first one, but it doesn't appear in the first picture. I apologize for the terrible camera work, all we had to hand is a samsung s3 8MP camera.

Both objects were heading the same way, west to rougly 110 east.

First encounter;

Second encounter;

Second encounter from different angle to try avoid glare;

I personally believe is is an meteor, maybe strays of the draconid meteor shower? glancing off our atmosphere, they looked huge but very far. I've not seen anything at all in the news, been keeping up to date. When i first noticed them they had the classic stereotype shape of a meteor, ball and tail, but the only thing putting me off my theory is that it wasn't bright at the ball end.

I've heard it all, its a cloud, its camera glare, its muck off the digger window, me and my workmate know what we saw, it wasn't something I've seen before, I'm 25 i know what contrails and everyday objects in the sky are lol.

Please anyone with any input info, hell, even criticism and questions, help a brother out. thanks for your time and patience with my thread.

P.s anyone want the originals i will gladly send them to you, drop my a PM and a delivery address ( email
)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If I had to guess I'd say it's a plane, but hard to tell from the pics.
You do have some good shots of Nibiru in them though

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'll post some close ups, never realised how small the images would come out in the OP, give me 10 mins.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I agree with "TheBlackDog" is saying that maybe they were planes reflecting in the sunlight. Sometimes planes may not be that noticeable until they reflect sunlight.

Were these moving about the speed of a plane? You mentioned meteors in your OP, but I'm thinking if you had enough time to see the object and then photograph the object, it would be moving much too slowly to be a meteor.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I would say all you saw were sunlit contrails. See how busy the region at 0830 GMT. For those not familiar with the region see Wolverhampton on the Flight Radar map.

FR24 0830 GMT 10th October

Hopefully the link works OK. Failing that use the following link and use the playback facility. Remember the times are in GMT.

www.flightradar24.com...

Sunlit contrails do fool a lot of sky watchers. Also take into consideration just how far away you can still see a contrail?

How Far Away is That Contrail

With all that flight activity there would be many reports from the crews if it had been a meteor sighting.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Well that is an interesting story you shared..! I cannot really see anything in the pics I am afraid.. I see you are away making pics bigger now..? Shall hold off on what I think it is til I can see better..

Not that I might even know what it is..!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

fluff007
reply to post by Wolvo

Well that is an interesting story you shared..! I cannot really see anything in the pics I am afraid.. I see you are away making pics bigger now..? Shall hold off on what I think it is til I can see better..

Not that I might even know what it is..!

ATS shrinks the image to fit its page width, but the full image is still there...you just need know how to view it.

I use "Firefox", and if I right-click on the image, I can go to "view image" and see a larger version.
I'm not sure how to do it in Internet Explorer.

new topics

top topics

join