It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 arrested after dropping large amount of cash on Senate office floor protesting against Monsanto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Just saw this tweet and thought atsers would like seeing people protest Monsanto

3 arrested after dropping large amount of cash on Senate office building floor as part of protest against Monsanto

www.breakingnews.com...

Don't have another link yet.

eta

edit on 10-10-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
interesting method of protest was it real cash?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just seen this on Zerohedge.

They were shouting 'Monsanto money!' by the sound of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Wow, when did dropping money become a crime? I guess it can be construed as littering, but really? Come on now...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

rayuki
interesting method of protest was it real cash?

I believe it was

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

qwerty12345
reply to post by goou111

Wow, when did dropping money become a crime? I guess it can be construed as littering, but really? Come on now...

Somebody who isnt the government could just come along and take it.

Money needs to be safely tucked away in accounts the government can track and access.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

America, the land of the free, where protesting and excercising unalienable rights to entities treading on them is grounds for arrest.

Lol

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by qwerty12345

Wow, when did dropping money become a crime?

Citizens are not allowed to have excess cash. It is defacto evidence they are drug dealers and the cash can be confiscated by law officers WITHOUT TRIAL.

"Civil asset forfeiture has allowed police to view all of America as some giant national K-Mart, where prices are not just lower, but non-existent — a sort of law enforcement 'pick-and-don't-pay.'" —U.S. Representative Henry Hyde

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Make it rain. hahaha

So Harry Reid accidently dropped his bag of cash over the railing after getting paid off. Sounds about right.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I very much wish I could afford to treat money so frivolously. Although if I could, I would most likely be dropping millions at an undisclosed location far out to sea. Millions and millions. Why? Because it's the greatest gesture of contempt I can think of without actually murdering a government official. Letting the ocean swallow what would eventually amount to billions in American currency. If they want to screw with my money and my family and my livelihood, I'll screw with their property. It's not like they can't just print more.

It might not leave much of a dent, but the satisfaction would be immense. Instead of just dropping the money in the middle of a government establishment where they'll reclaim it and use it to their advantage.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

qwerty12345
reply to post by goou111

It doesn't really matter what the medium is, littering is littering. I can't go to the store and throw diamonds at people out of ideological differences because it's littering.

Protesting Monsanto? Would soybeans be a better item to throw around?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
That doesn't look like real money to me... the way it falls from the air in the video... unless they are all very crisp one dollar bills.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I guess I should be careful when I'm making it rain at the strip clubs. Boy, have I been lucky!~

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Zarniwoop
That doesn't look like real money to me... the way it falls from the air in the video... unless they are all very crisp one dollar bills.

Watch them get slapped with a counterfeit crime. That will ruin your day.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Watch them get slapped with a counterfeit crime. That will ruin your day.

I was thinking the same thing...

Looks like a reporter said they were real one dollar bills, though.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

qwerty12345
reply to post by goou111

So-o... then if Bernanke actually DID drop money out of a helicopter, (like he 'threatened' to) would that be a crime?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperManny

I'll bet it was less littering and more loitering.

new topics

top topics

join