It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Cox : Be the Change ( Memorial Militia:Maintaining Our Memorials )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this story so move it mods if it's not please, and thank you!

“All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing”

Meet one GOOD man!

This is a great story! Chris Cox (professional chain saw artist), started volunteering at the Washington D.C. memorials when the shut down started when he saw the trash building up at the various memorials. He did not want to see our veterans disappointed when they showed up by the terrible state of the memorials which honor them and those who have gone before them to defend America, so he became the change he wanted to see. And he is asking for boy scouts and others to do the same. He is very humble in the interview I listened to at The Blaze.

“You don’t have to be a veteran to have a love of country,” Cox explained in an exclusive interview with TheBlaze Wednesday evening. To that end, he turned a trip to a D.C. art convention into an opportunity to give back. “Everyone serves in a different way. I’ll just cut a little bit of grass.”

“I want to encourage my friends and fellow Americans to go to their parks and show up with a trash bag and a rake. Show up with a good attitude and firm handshake for the U.S. Park Service.”

Rep. Mark Sanford, R-S.C., represents Cox hometown in Congress and told USA Today that the wood-carving artist had visited his congressional office last week to sound off on the shutdown. “It turns out he had taken it upon himself since our visit last week to keep up the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam and World War II memorials and surrounding grounds,” Sanford said. “He bought a lawn mower, a blower and told me he had spent the days and evenings since our visit picking up trash, cutting grass and blowing leaves to keep walkways clean.” The Blaze

More pics Here

edit on 10-10-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I guess sad depressing and deplorable stories are the only things that garner reading these days. I was quite touched by his taking action and encouraged to do more where I am. He is not hateful, blaming, but trying to encourage everyone to do what is right.

join