It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facilities in Idaho

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone had any information on bases or facilities in Idaho. I am aware of the INEEL, but are there any more?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I live in Idaho and the major AFB is Mt. Home AFB which at one time had (a long time ago ) ICBM's at the base I think there was three or four silos on the base. I went through a tour a while back and they had alot of info. on when they had them. For a while they had B-2's there and I have heard back in the 70's the SR-71 used the base as well. All they have now is some F-15's and F-16's. Although It is rumored that a wing of F-22's will be stationed there hope this gives you some info on base's in ID.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Lake Pend Oreille
Acoustic Research Detachment
Bayview, Idaho
Units
Naval Surface Warfare Center
Official Homepage
Acoustic Research Detachment

Bayview, Idaho is home to a small Navy base involved in research and development of methods to make ships and subs operate more quietly. There are approximately 100 employees and. contractors at the base, most commute from the surrounding areas.

Lake Pend Oreille (pronounced - Pond-o-ray) provides a deep (1150 ft), quiet body of water where a free-field ocean-like environment is available without the attendant problems and costs of open ocean operations. Unique experimental hardware and floating platforms have been developed to support a wide variety of R&D programs ranging from the measurement of flow induced boundary layer fluctuations on sonar domes to the calibrations of full-scale surface ship sonar transducers. Detachment personnel supporting the experiments form a versatile resident core of highly skilled labor. They work closely with transient project scientists, engineers and technicians from the Division and other Navy and private organizations, to plan and conduct operations on the lake.

And:

Saylor Creek Range
Related Facilities
Mountain Home AFB
Saylor Creek Range
Units

Official Homepage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Saylor Creek Range [SCR], the existing training range for the 366th Wing, consists of approximately 110,000 acres of land withdrawn by the DoD for the purpose of weapons delivery training. The range, situated about 6 miles south of the Snake River in Owyhee County, extends 15 miles north-south and 11 miles east-west. The exclusive use area (EUA) consists of approximately 12,200 acres located in a fenced area near the center of the range and includes all of the range�s training targets. A zone of about 97,800 acres surrounds the EUA; livestock grazing and hunting represent the primary land uses in this zone.

Orchard Training Area
Units

Official Homepage

The Orchard Training Area comprises 138,051 acres of land that has been used by the Idaho Army National Guard (IDARNG) since 1953. It is situated in an unpopulated area in the central portion of the western Snake River Plain and the Mountain Home Plateau, approximately 13 miles south of Gowen Field, and 14 miles south of the City of Boise. The Orchard Training Area is located within the Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area.

Gowen Field Air National Guard Base
Units
124th Wing
Official Homepage
Boise Airport

The 124th Wing, Idaho Air National Guard includes two flying squadrons and 12 support units based at Gowen Air National Guard Base (Boise Air Terminal) in Boise, Idaho.

And of course, Mountain Home AFB.

www.globalsecurity.org...

However, I remember that there are supposed to be all these minutemen silos out in the Craters of the Moon National Park.
I couldn't find anything on that at the moment, not a lot of time for searching while I'm work, but here's some stuff:

w3.uwyo.edu...

About half way down the page are satellite photos of missile sites and whatnot in Idaho.

Look here too for other assorted errata:

www.siloworld.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
In Burley there is a cave that supposed devil race lives according to native americans but if there such a thing it is probably related to the reptilians or draconians whatever they are.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There's something about those caves here:

thrashinc.dynu.com...

new topics

top topics

join