It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter hovering over us in Cheshire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Last night there was a helicopter hovering near to our home for over 1 hour last night from around 21:00 until 22:15. We live in Cheshire right in the country and it was hovering over the fields and occasionally using its nightsun spotlight. I would guess it was 1000 - 1500ft up.

It freaked me out a little and we double checked the locks on our doors

Even stranger when I tried to post this last night whilst it was hovering ATS crashed, spooky

edit on 10/10/13 by macpdm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by macpdm

Funny, because here in San Antonio I saw several copters hovering around different buildings at around 2am. Saw some weird lights too and the clouds look like they're hanging way too low and look almost cartoonish. Weird and kinda spooky...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by macpdm

It freaked me out a little and we double checked the locks on our doors

Good for you. If it was a police helicopter they were probably assisting a search for someone. A scanner app would help in times like that. You could hear what the police on the ground and the helo crew are saying and how it turns out.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It was a police chopper out looking for evidence.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What I dont get guys is if looking for a person then why use the nigtsun when I would have thought the heat detecting camera would be far superior unless the thing they may have been searching for is ..... cold

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by macpdm

To direct the police on the ground to the location.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Biigs
reply to post by macpdm

To direct the police on the ground to the location.

Yep that makes perfect sense.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Freakin helicopters!!

No, really OP...that would freak me out a little too!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by macpdm

Sounds like the local Chopper Coppers, if they were using the nightsun. That particular unit flies over my area all the time.

Once they were over my house with the nightsun, and I swear that thing is SO bright, it really was like looking into the garden on a bright, sunny day (if earth orbited a blue star, lol).

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yes police helicopter for sure. They are always hovering near my house. There should be a website telling you when it has been out, And what it was doing. Because you never get to hear these details. Especially when it wakes me up in the night!!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by macpdm

If they were looking for a suspect, then they would have tracked said suspect with the thermal camera, and when located, lit it up with the night sun. If they were looking for a body, for instance a recently deceased hiker or car crash victim, they would still have used the thermal imager, unless the body was either just to far gone, or not far enough. You see, there are two main periods of thermal exchange between a body and the environment it's found in.

The first, is as the residual heat produced by a living body, leaves the flesh. When the heart stops beating, and the blood stops flowing, the heat from the body is transmitted into the air, the ground and so on. Then, when gases in the body, natural acids, and of course microbiological and insect activity set in, more thermal output is created. Either type of heat would register on a thermal imaging camera, although the second period of significant thermal activity would be a lesser return on a thermal imaging system.

The best times to find a body therefore, are before the heat in the body of a fresh kill has left it, and then after the process of molecular decay and insect activity begin to break down the body into its component parts. After these two points have passed, assuming an average temperature and humidity, a human body left above ground can skeletonise within fourteen days, and there's no hope of locating a body in that state using thermal imaging.

new topics

top topics

join