It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Enrolling in Obamacare allows government to link your IP address with your name, social sec

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by YodHeVauHe

The only thing I owe this thread is my exit from it, which I will be doing from here on out. Good day to you sir.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Since the 2008 elections we have encountered pure evil in all of it forms, the most obvious example of which is the monstrosity called the 'Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,'

Really? Pure Evil?

I understand when people disagree over laws and have different opinions on how we should solve a problem.

But when people go to far into the rhetoric and fear mongering, it just gets sad.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Correct I only read the title. However after reading the article.

I really don't need to change what I said.

However in addition.

I see an easy solution to stop the scenario outlined in the article from happening.

Use a password unique to the obamacare website.

This way they can't use that password to access your other websites.

And btw this isn't a very challenging topic. It's just common sense. You should be using several different passwords for your websites. 1 for banking. 1 for social media and so on.
If there's too many password for you to remember then you should use something like lastpass. lastpass.com...

I hope this gives you a 'heads-up' and will enable you to manage your online security better.
You're welcome btw.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

AlienScience

Since the 2008 elections we have encountered pure evil in all of it forms, the most obvious example of which is the monstrosity called the 'Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,'

Really? Pure Evil?

I understand when people disagree over laws and have different opinions on how we should solve a problem.

But when people go to far into the rhetoric and fear mongering, it just gets sad.

Yes sir.........that's the very point of the thread. My intention is to draw the readers attention to the perfidious nature of 'Obamacare' and all that it portends to the American way of life, and I am good at doing that; at writing and speaking, aka preaching, i.e.

Its also my right to do so.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you'll pardon me there are time when a DEFINITION is in order...........

per·fid·i·ous = evil

pərˈfidēəs/adjective literary adjective: perfidious

1. deceitful and untrustworthy. "a perfidious lover"
synonyms: treacherous, duplicitous, deceitful, disloyal, faithless, unfaithful, traitorous, treasonous, false, false-hearted, double-dealing, two-faced, Janus-faced, untrustworthy More
edit on 10-10-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well, as others mentioned, the source is a little less than rock solid, but heck, they don't fabricate that I've seen either.

I don't know how much I give to this for concern? Still.... Every bit helps and maybe something weeks from now comes up where this piece suddenly fits in a way it doesn't right now.

Thanks for sharing, OP! I suppose it's far better to disregard 100 stories than miss 1 than really turned out to matter.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Eh, seems pointless to me for them to do that...

They already have all the information they need via Facebook and, as others stated, your ISP...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Devil this - satan that - jesus saves. Okay.

Now that I have vented that...

I will state this... Enrolling in Obamacare isn't giving them any information they don't already have if they want it. As a software engineer... I can assure you that if they want to associate your IP Address with your social security number... well... their attempts will be in vain.

What many people will likely fail to understand in reading this post, is that every time your modem is reset ( the little box with the blinking lights ) - unless you have a unique contract with your ISP - you get a new IP Address - thus making the association of 'your IP address to your social security number' completely invalid.

On a similar note; unless you understand network infrastructure you won't understand that your 'IP Address' as the NSA 'sees' it, is only a representation of your modem - in most cases. If you have more than one computer on your home ( or office ) network, associating the IP Address you are coming from with your social security number is again - not worth much.

Now... If the NSA wants to find a particular persons IP Address, it's as simple as submitting a subpoena to local ISPs. For anyone to be up in arms about the issue being presented in the original post - I have a tidbit for you - this is just how the internet works; but an IP address is only useful for so much.

Next time you use Google Pay ( or whatever it's called ) and hand them a credit card number, remember that Google can associate every search you've ever performed through their site, with the credit card you just gave them. If the government asks for this information - they can also ask for the social security number associated with the card, address, phone number, etc. It's an extra step, but an easy one for 'them', and one that would give them the same information that everyone is so concerned about in this OP.

If I were the type to start a riot - I'd leave it there, but as I'm sure to spike some frenzy of comments, here is what I would call advice that can help everyone here...

1. Do not install anything unless you know what it is
2. If you are going to utilize any sort of government site, utilize a Proxy server as well ( making it far more difficult to 'track' your IP )
3. You don't have to go to the website - call them if you don't want your IP address 'tracked'

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you......If I may - the contents of the source article are in perfect alignment with my research into the entire matter. I also agree with the 'spirit' of their message and of its 'tenor and tone, so to speak. The author has opinions just as we do, and they were presented well, and he was honest in his assessment. His fears are my fears - and shold be ours I think - JMHO.

My thread , and the ideas it contains would have stood on its own even without the article. That means that I would have had to take the time to do more writing........there are just times when we source - that's it. Besides - I only referred to it as a good example of what's really going on.

The article first appeared as a source article on Rense and Infowars, but I never source that way - I try to find the actual article and to scope out the webpage from which it originates - I surely knew it was NOT a hoax.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalJedi805

The referenced topic here is to the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act, and the extreme propensity it presents to all Americans for harm and intrusion of our person(s) - NOT the NSA or any of the other awful spy apparati that this government chooses to oppress us with.

You must be living in the days of Dial-Up........My ISP has never changed and neither has it happened to anyone else' that I know, and I know a lot of people..........

I have to go but I'll comment further later..........thank you for you informative post.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Naturalnews intentionally omitted text and referenced two different sections of the Maryland Health Connection site to produce this little scare peice.

This is from the General Privacy section, which covers only the application data.

This information can then be turned over to law enforcement, as is found in the fine print of the Maryland Obamacare exchange, which states:

...we may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities.

This is from the section that deals with IP addresses:

When you browse this website, read pages, or download information, we gather and store anonymous information about your visit for statistical purposes.
• This following information, which does not identify you personally, is gathered:
• The internet domains (example: aol.com) and IP addresses of users;
• The type of browser and operating system used to access the site;
• The date and time of visits;
• The pages visited by users; and
• The address from which users link to the website.
We use this statistical information to make this website more useful to visitors and to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of social media our visitors use. We do not track or record personally identifiable information about individuals or their visits.

Now, this doesn't preclude them from breaking their privacy policy, but there is absolutely no evidence that they are doing so.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Do you actually know what an IP is? To state that your ISP has never changed in reply to someone explaining to you how IP addresses work, is kinda.. well... hilarious.

So I have to assume you habe absolutely no idea.

So you're using a password on the obamacare website, that somehow lets them read your Email. Ahha.
You're giving them access to your web browsing habits, along with your personal details, by signing up. Hoho, this is gold. They don't need you to agree to anything to do this, yet that is the basis for your claim. You 'opt' in for their accessing your stuffs...

Man...

Mannnnn... I just .. you know, I had my usb keyboard in another PC while I was transferring files to it, and I had to rip the usb dongle out to plug it onto this one, as I was simply perusing while waiting, and this just had to have a reply that the on screen keyboard was not going to cut.

He's on dialup, because you don't get IP addresses..

Thanks for the chuckle. Whew, almost 2am. now I'll never get to sleep... ahhaha

brilliant

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Ohhhh god.. lmao..

Don't tell the OP, but EVERY single website on the internet does that. Ever single one. ATS does it. Yahoo does it. Redtube does it..

I do it.

And I'm a dastardy swine... but I have a web server and it logs that stuff.

Quick, lets all install something that blocks our IP addresses from being seen anywhere on the internet, and once we've secured ourselves, we can then wonder why we cannot actually access anything on the net.. But damn it, we'll be secure!!!!

(I put tin foil on my wifi antenna and it's never been more secure !! I can tell by the sparking!)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

My ISP or IP address has NEVER CHANGED for as long as I have had my present provider - period. I even tried to have it changed and its not possible to change - as in IMPOSSIBLE. I once was employed by a 'telecom' so please refrain from insulting other members by saying that I don't know what I am talking about. I am certain - from the contents of your rather confusing anger post that I must know a whole lot more than you do about telecom operations.

I have no idea of what you a ranting on about but I suspect your angry........Regardless, I do know that you are wrong about several issues. Your post is very difficult to understand. It was impossible to get through. Please do a re-write so that its more understandable - Thank you............

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

YodHeVauHe
reply to post by DigitalJedi805

The referenced topic here is to the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act, and the extreme propensity it presents to all Americans for harm and intrusion of our person(s) - NOT the NSA or any of the other awful spy apparati that this government chooses to oppress us with.

You must be living in the days of Dial-Up........My ISP has never changed and neither has it happened to anyone else' that I know, and I know a lot of people..........

I have to go but I'll comment further later..........thank you for you informative post.

winofiend

Do you actually know what an IP is? To state that your ISP has never changed in reply to someone explaining to you how IP addresses work, is kinda.. well... hilarious.

So I have to assume you habe absolutely no idea.

So you're using a password on the obamacare website, that somehow lets them read your Email. Ahha.
You're giving them access to your web browsing habits, along with your personal details, by signing up. Hoho, this is gold. They don't need you to agree to anything to do this, yet that is the basis for your claim. You 'opt' in for their accessing your stuffs...

Man...

Mannnnn... I just .. you know, I had my usb keyboard in another PC while I was transferring files to it, and I had to rip the usb dongle out to plug it onto this one, as I was simply perusing while waiting, and this just had to have a reply that the on screen keyboard was not going to cut.

He's on dialup, because you don't get IP addresses..

Thanks for the chuckle. Whew, almost 2am. now I'll never get to sleep... ahhaha

brilliant

YodHeVauHe
reply to post by winofiend

My ISP or IP address has NEVER CHANGED for as long as I have had my present provider - period. I even tried to have it changed and its not possible to change - as in IMPOSSIBLE. I once was employed by a 'telecom' so please refrain from insulting other members by saying that I don't know what I am talking about. I am certain - from the contents of your rather confusing anger post that I must know a whole lot more than you do about telecom operations.

I have no idea of what you a ranting on about but I suspect your angry........Regardless, I do know that you are wrong about several issues. Your post is very difficult to understand. It was impossible to get through. Please do a re-write so that its more understandable - Thank you............

Yod... I'm sorry to inform you, but regardless of how you seem to perceive your ISP, even if you haven't changed providers, you HAVE Been reassigned a new IP Address dozens upon dozens of times in the last decade. If you haven't, there are two exceptions:
1.You happen to have negotiated a static IP Address through your ISP
2. You have a 'one of a kind' ISP, and can consider yourself lucky. I'd be interested to know who your provider is.

Now - to clarify - and I repeat 'I AM A SOFTWARE ENGINEER' [ With YEARS of Broadband networking experience ] - there is what is called a MAC Address associated with every piece of computer hardware. It is this MAC Address, that your ISP associates with your internet account. This number, does not change and is generally only available to your ISP. Your modems MAC Address, is the only identifier on your network that does not change. Believe it or don't, but if you don't, I suggest putting in more research before trying to discredit me.
edit on 10-10-2013 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

( Got real heavy on the 'absolutes' ... not my style ... but really... )
edit on 10-10-2013 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This thread is dead fred.

rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

grey580 This thread is dead fred. rest in peace.

'Au contraire' mon antagoniste - Not as long as I'm still here (ex)pounding away at the foolish refutations of fools

Besides that - why make such an arrogant claim as that?

edit on 11-10-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

No need to be defensive on source. Unless you work for them, and I'm sure you don't...then there is nothing to defend here, right? Nothing personal, anyway. Natural News is a source Alex Jones uses for a large % of all his network's aggregated news material. I'd been very heavily active on the Jones network before making an account here ..and so, to explain my position? That is where and how I came to know natural news better than most sources ...and lost most all respect for them as being a source.

Despite that, I was trying to note how your story seemed worth consideration anyway .... Even NN gets it right occasionally, and this one seems like one to consider. I'm not sure about validity, again ...but every piece matters, eh?

I've been amazed over time, what little pieces that seemed meaningless at the time ...have come to fit later in always that meant a great deal. (It could be the effort here is after something VERY different than some think it is ....but we won't have that context for months yet, from another story which comes out.)

Thanks again for sharing. We just never can know what will become important to have known about later.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

If you are a missionary on a mission in America then it should be pointed out ATS is not America... apparently you seem to have confused the two locations as being identical in some fashion.

If you wanted to preach to the choir concerning the things the American government might or might not be doing then you are in the right place as you seem to have decided you prefer preaching to choirs rather than making any sort of real difference...

much easier to preach to choirs than to go out and change hearts and minds isn't it!

Second, if you are going to preach religion then it is usually best to do so in the religion forum, politics generally go in the political forums... mixing the two makes you sound like a cooook and has a greater possibility of doing the exact opposite of what you claim your intentions to be than what you say you would like, and that is to bring information...

cause frankly, you lost me before your second small paragraph...

Thirdly, it is always better to stick with facts rather than adding and/or interjecting your own fears and trying to pass them off as fact. Fact is bad enough, and based on facts alone people will make good choices for themselves and their country. When people have to sort out the truth from fiction in your words, they simply wont listen to you.
edit on 11-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
How naïve. This has been being done for years. And the organizations doing it are getting better at it every day. Not only can they link what you are doing now, once that link is made, they can go back and connect all your past online history. This is a fact. They also link your family and in many cases your friends (thank you FB). I have first-hand experience with it on the business side.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

OpinionatedB

If you are a missionary on a mission in America then it should be pointed out ATS is not America... apparently you seem to have confused the two locations as being identical in some fashion.

I am not confused about anything whatsoever. I am an American as its to Americans that my missionary efforts (secular and/or spiritual) are directed. As I already explained in the OP - I am not out to preach to the world. BTW - everything I say and do is a form of preaching as I also explained in the OP.

If you wanted to preach to the choir concerning the things the American government might or might not be doing then you are in the right place as you seem to have decided you prefer preaching to choirs rather than making any sort of real difference...

That remark is arrogant, ignorant and out of order actually and does not comport with the ethics, if you will, of ATS and so is not deserving of a response - I only respond to intelligently stated remarks.

much easier to preach to choirs than to go out and change hearts and minds isn't it!

ATS is not a 'choir' and to describe them as such is to demean their collective intelligence.

Second, if you are going to preach religion then it is usually best to do so in the religion forum, politics generally go in the political forums... mixing the two makes you sound like a cooook and has a greater possibility of doing the exact opposite of what you claim your intentions to be than what you say you would like, and that is to bring information...

No religion was preached actually - I think you need to re-read (if you actually read it at all) the OP - inform yourself in a credible way and get back to us - hopefully in a less biased and hostile manner, and with more of an insight into the OP's intentions.

What's more - I think your spitefulness towards things spiritual (and of people generally) is blinding you to the truth. PM me if you would me to pray over you. Peace in Christ

cause frankly, you lost me before your second small paragraph...

Losing you is surely no loss of mine.

edit on 11-10-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join