It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Federal Reserve Explained in 3 minutes.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The Money Masters video series and the Money as Debt video series are some of the best at explaining the ponzi scheme that is the Federal Reserve. Perhaps you have done as I have and have tried to get your family & friends to watch them. But the biggest problem with that is, that the videos are very long, usually too long for them to keep interest or to even begin to watch it.

You might have tried with the American Dream film, only 30 minutes. But some even don't have that time to watch conspiracy related subjects, but will watch hours of TV.

Well, coming from the School of Shock (yes, you heard that right, school of Shock, not Rock), here is a brand new video about the Federal Reserve that will take just 3 minutes to watch. Just three minutes!!!

If they don't have time for that Then we're surely doomed.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Thank you for sharing.... I think its a good 3 minute summary as well.

I shared it on my Facebook.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If this were common knowledge, there would be outrage that all the MSM propaganda and reality shows couldn't cover.

End the Fed. End fractional reserve banking.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, they can raise the price of gold to make their ten percent worth more. I think the Federal reserve caused the rise in price of gold to cover their ass. The banks can also manipulate that money and soon the dollar is worth only a penny. What we believe we have in savings is just an illusion. When everything collapses, even houses will be worth very little but at least if it is paid off, you have a place to live.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A nice way to condense it down into a bite sized clip, great find.

What do you take away from this?
Never buy anything you cant afford by saving up before the purchase. Have all your money tied up in assets.

Giving your children a cash inheritance when you die will be nothing more than a paper slap in the face in the coming decades.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have only one simple question: If the Fed didn't create money out of thin air ... where would the money to pay for natural resources come from?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Congress is supposed to be the entity to create money, not a private outside bank. If Congress was given back the power to create money as intended, there would be no US debt. There you go, the FED in 2 seconds. No Federal Reserve Bank, no debt. Those with the power to change it know this. There woudl still be inflation and it would still be a fiat type money but it could be better controlled and interest paid by the US back to a third party wouldn't exist.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

edit on 10-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
eggzackery wut Ron Paul's book 'End the Fed' is all about.

the unfed b.s bank of the u.s. has to go - stop usury theft and stop the thieving elites.

IMO - the several states should all come up w/ state run banks which only need to be paid back and no interest. For instance Colorado could tie their money to silver - I would use water personally but that my wrankle a few eye brows.
Hmm let's see Ill - not sure - ok youse guys can stay w/ the unfed and follow the yellow brick road.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

There is also another solution besides besides centralized monetary policy (whether it's the fed or congress):

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I've found another interesting video. On why banks should not be allowed to create money to lend out of nothing.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by Snarl

Congress is supposed to be the entity to create money, not a private outside bank. If Congress was given back the power to create money as intended, there would be no US debt. There you go, the FED in 2 seconds. No Federal Reserve Bank, no debt. Those with the power to change it know this. There woudl still be inflation and it would still be a fiat type money but it could be better controlled and interest paid by the US back to a third party wouldn't exist.

No offense intended, but the question remains. If I dig up an ounce of gold from the ground (labor), which can't be directly exchanged for say, a TV, how would I get that gold converted into a currency with which to buy a TV? What if I plant and harvest 10,000 acres of corn for sale every year?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Bankers are the real source of this nation's problems. Corporations (non-banking ones), Wall Street, and politicians are just an extension of the corruption created by bankers. The most treasonous act the government has enacted was the 2008 bailout with the line "Too big to fail." This has allowed bankers to slip the blame of the crash and avoid prosecution by the Department of Justice.

Unfortunately, when the economy finally does crash from the rampant corruption and overspending the people will blame all the wrong individuals for the problem. The politicians and corporate heads are just fall guys, they are the faces to blame when shtf. Why do you think banking reforms are rarely talked about? These guys know to stay out of the public limelight and will do everything in their power to remain so.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You can see its all headed towards a one world government.

I wonder if some books are being cooked during the government shutdown.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Your best bet would be a currency that is not created by fractional reserve banking. The value of the money should be on par with the amount/level of production (of goods and services).

All money on bank accounts and loaned out by banks should be 100% in their reserves, not just 10%.
edit on 10-10-2013 by TheBandit795 because: Added the last sentence

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I guess maybe I'm not understanding your question?

Currency would still exist, but it wouldn't exist in the form of US debt as it does today. You could still go to a bank and get a loan, and money would still be exchanged for goods and services. That currency would be U.S. created, not FED created.

I agree there may be better ways and that fiat money isn't necessarily the best way to go, but it's better than fiat money that comes into existence as a form of debt.. In order for our government to operate, it has to borrow money. Why? It shouldn't have to be this way.

All money on bank accounts and loaned out by banks should be 100% in their reserves, not just 10%.

And I absolutely agree with this. !!
edit on 10-10-2013 by CoherentlyConfused because: addition

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

TheBandit795
reply to post by Snarl

Your best bet would be a currency that is not created by fractional reserve banking. The value of the money should be on par with the amount/level of production (of goods and services).

edit on 10-10-2013 by TheBandit795 because: Added the last sentence

Thank you for your response. Next question: Is not the currency that I now hold in my hand, in exchange for my goods, in fact, an instrument of DEBT? It doesn't matter where it (currency?) comes from. It's not good for anything if it's not an acceptable medium of exchange in a common market place. Hence, it doesn't matter if our currency is 'produced' by the Department of the Treasury or the Federal Reserve Bank. As long as the 'notes' are acceptable as a form of currency or the representation of debt ... it's all good.

Now ... the other problems ... well, they're other problems. But money out of 'thin air' is a practical necessity.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

So you're okay with a ponzi scheme?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Now ... the other problems ... well, they're other problems. But money out of 'thin air' is a practical necessity.

Its not the "money out of thin air" that is the problem.

It is the absurdity that the federal government charges itself interest for borrowing money from itself. Or, that would be the case, if the "Federal" Reserve were actually federal (hint: its not). Its a private bank.

Congress has the power to print our currency debt free. They don't do that of course. They "borrow" from the fed, and the fed charges interest.

Oh, but wait, China "buys" our debt.

I mean, its like a joke.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Thank you for your response. Next question: Is not the currency that I now hold in my hand, in exchange for my goods, in fact, an instrument of DEBT? It doesn't matter where it (currency?) comes from. It's not good for anything if it's not an acceptable medium of exchange in a common market place. Hence, it doesn't matter if our currency is 'produced' by the Department of the Treasury or the Federal Reserve Bank. As long as the 'notes' are acceptable as a form of currency or the representation of debt ... it's all good.

I think you are missing the point.

If Congress printed our currency, there would be no national debt, as it would be irrational for Congress to charge themselves interest.

The national debt is just the money owed to the Federal Reserve. A small number of bankers.

Making private bankers responsible for printing/managing an entire nation's currency is like letting a fox guard your hen house.

It does matter where our currency comes from. Those interests rates that the Federal Reserve charges have an affect on the overall economy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join