It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Colin Powell Resigns as Secretary of State, Others Follow

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All of the time that we saw Powell, Cheney, and Rice agreeing with Bush was all a lie to get them through the 4 years. Now we see the truth, the hub of his cabinet is gone. And Cheny will leave soon for "health reasons". Bush is now seing what a lie can do to a nation.

Cipher 6

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Such a shame. I really hate to see Colin Powell go. He was one of the few members of the Bush administration that I respected. Powell was in my opinion the best thing to happen to the Bush administration. I just hope his replacement is as good if not better.

Condoleeza Rice will be Colin Powell's replacement!

Read it here!

[edit on 15/11/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Like we didn't see that coming. I'm sure she'll be a valuable asset in helping Bush destroy the country and steal all the rights we have left.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
In this difficult times, Rice showed herself as a rather incompetent and unimportant leader. She didn't author any important policy, and her speeches were an oatmeal of soundbites from Bush's opuses.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Such a shame. I really hate to see Colin Powell go. He was one of the few members of the Bush administration that I respected. Powell was in my opinion the best thing to happen to the Bush administration. I just hope his replacement is as good if not better.

Powel totally disgraced himself during the run up for the war. His appearance at the UN with an empty glass vial, and shaking it in the air saying that it might contain anthrax, was ridiculous to the point of absurd. He should be ashamed of himself, as he sold out to the Bush's clique.

I'm glad he's gone, unfortunately the replacement sucks.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Colin Powell was great at what he did, I most believe he was at his best during the Clinton years. Its sad to see him go. But I hear he might be running for president in 2008, so hey, you never know where he might pop up next.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Is there a connection between Iraq and Powell leaving as Secretary of State?

The rumor was that he was not in favor of going to war in Iraq. I had also heard that he was the top dog in the Bush 41 administration that said to stop before going on to Baghdad.

Is there a connection? Probably is all I can say right now.

I will say though that Mr. Powell did a good job and made the transition from militay to civiliam government posts with ease.

mike81859

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I dont know why this guy only has 4 stars, the man has contributed more to this country than 10 before him

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Certainly, Secretary Powell was a loyal servant to President Bush. He was a reassuring presence in the administration for many of America's foreign partners. But in the end he was never a member of the White House inner circle.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think Powell is more loyal to the Country than to Bush, which is why he worked so hard for world peace, he probably finally realized hes kicking a dead horse, and or wanted nothing to do with the Bush 2nd Phase Agenda! Wish I could have been a fly on his wall the last couple of weeks!!

He may have had a couple blunders, who doesnt, all in all I truely believe his life dedication and full intentions were for the good of All Americans and was truly focused on world peace, and he had a knack for getting results.
I think he was disinformed like the rest of us at times so Clintons and Bush's could exploit his gift to steer their own agenda. Perhaps he caught on.

No place for someone like that around administrations that make war, illegal contracting, and tax relief for corporate profit and kickbacks.

I dont think we will see a finer American like Powell for some time, In My book he is the only person up there I believe earned every last cent of his pay and then some!!
The rest of them bastards need a 75% pay reduction, An Instantanious Cure For The Deficit!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I dont think colin powell is resigning. i actually think hes got a more important ''job'' to do.

use the good brains for the more important things. just a thought.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article that lists what countries around the world think of Candy Conni

World press split over Rice

Newspapers around the world have mixed views on the nomination of Condoleezza Rice as the new US Secretary of State.

While some commentators see the appointment as a positive move which will enhance US foreign policy in the years ahead, many fear it heralds a more hard-line approach to international affairs.

In the Middle East, Israeli newspapers report that the government is delighted at the news, while views in the Arabic press veer between optimism and cynicism.

Any suggestion that the second Bush administration might take a less strident stance on international relations will disappear with Dr Rice's move to the State Department... there is likely to be little restraint under Dr Rice.

Australia's The Age

US diplomacy will not make drastic changes under Rice, but there is great concern that it will tend to take a hard line.

Japan's Mainichi Shimbun

etc.............
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Actually I found out tonight that his wife did not want him to participate in the last 4 years and that this resignation was planned four years ago so he could retire, so I guess it is not such a surprise after all , it was planned 4 years ago, with him anyway.
Didnt hurt my feelings to see Ashcroft go, a crook

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join