It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Colin Powell Resigns as Secretary of State, Others Follow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
And the dominos continue to fall, whens Rumy going to go? I like Powell alot, I wonder if he will talk out about anything afterwards. Who is up to replace him? I hope Wolfiwitz does not... Of all people to leave the Admin, this may be the Biggest blow IMO.

I agree about Powell. Hopefully, Powell will be appointed to some other position within the administration. If VP Cheney were to ever leave, Powell (or Rice) would be an excellent replacement.

[edit on 11/15/2004 by Hated American]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This was unsurprising. Powell was a man for his government only. Not a man for the constituents. From his role in the cover up of the My Lai Massacre to his outright lying to the United Nations with those satellite photos over Iraq, he is as dirty as any other corrupt government employee the United States has spawned. Good riddance.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Its not like the british, where the multiparty system results in coalition governments. If Bush's entire cabinet resigns, he doesn't loose the presidency or anythign like that, he just nominates new secretaries and congress votes to approve them or not. THere is no requirement that the president have a cabinet, if there was no cabinet at all the president wouldn't be a dictator, he'd just be really busy.

Yeah, like I said I am not that well educated in US politics. However, I don't see how Bush holding every post, is a good or stable thing. I also don't see how nominating whoever he wants to be in the positions to be a good thing either.

Anyway, as I said, the cabinet ministers that have resigned, did not seem opposed to Bush anyway. Hence, why I suggest martial law, as a conspiracy aside, it could be the government is about to dissolve, and they are leaving before the dissolution. Much like they all cancelled flights just before 9/11. Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Let's keep in mind that cabinet positions regularly change every 4 years or so.
This is likely not something to be alarmed about.
These are stressful jobs to hold, most can't keep it up for 8 years. [/quo
te]

Does this mean that there's a good chance that Chainy resigns,afterall he is a VerY SIK man....

Hey maybee Rumsfeld???..;;is he any siker???

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well, after looking around several other forums, I see the opinions vary, just like here. But ultimately, Banshee is probably right. Hopefully not too much to worry about. They'll get other people to fill the positions, and keep right on movin on. And no, the governemt ain't gonna dissolve and turn into a police state...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Obviously this could be conspiracy rubbish but,

The Carlyle group (daddy bush) is trying to secure a multi-billion dollar loan with the Kuwaiti government over Iraq's debts to be repaid after the Gulf war invasion.

But one small detail is in the way of yet another high treasonous act of the Bush Administration.

Kuwait's government and high society owns human slaves most of which are African decent. It's a rumour but it's believed the Kuwaiti government will not deal with the US aka the Carlyle administration until Colin Powell resigns and steps down.

Check it out,

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You have a link or two to support that?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

And no, the governemt ain't gonna dissolve and turn into a police state...

I'm more of the opinion it did already, 4 years ago, it simply hasn't been announced yet...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
How about the gaff on Iraq???

I don't put the blame for Iraq on Powell - it lies squarely on Rumsfeld's shoulders. Now there is someone who needs to go, and right quick at that.

My reason? Powell believed in military force as a last resort, and if use, it should be with maximum force. We went into Iraq undermanned and have let politics run the war instead of the military. Instance: Fallujah, last April.

Bush makes the ultimate decision on politics/military, but Rummy had his ear.

Powell always looked like his shoes were on too tight in this job. I say, after a lifetime of dedication to his country, he should go into private life, write his memoirs, and enjoy life for awhile.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
WHITEHOUSE NOTICE 11/2004

Would the last one out please turn off the lights.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm just wondering just how many of these guys are mentioned in that report on 9/11 that was being suppressed until after the elections.. I might start worrying if alot of them start relocating to foreign coutries....

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I'm just wondering just how many of these guys are mentioned in that report on 9/11 that was being suppressed until after the elections.. I might start worrying if alot of them start relocating to foreign coutries....

Oh yeah!!!!

That or Bob Jones is helping him "Clean House"

Get rid of the un-worthy!!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

And no, the governemt ain't gonna dissolve and turn into a police state...

I'm more of the opinion it did already, 4 years ago, it simply hasn't been announced yet...

I agree, and who's going to announce it? Certainly not those who put it into effect.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
You have a link or two to support that?

Enslaved around the world.

Their situation is the same as that of millions of women from South Asia, South-East Asia, and North Africa, who migrate to escape from poverty at home to work as domestic servants throughout the Middle East.

Grace Pundyk reports from an interview with Shokina at the Bangladeshi Embassy in Kuwait, where Shokina has found refuge: I feel like a voyeur as this woman enters the room, covering her face with her headscarf, hiding her tears, grasping for what little self-respect she has left. She indicates to me all the places on her body that are hurt. She has been kicked in the back, punched in the head, scratched on the face, pinched, pulled, spat at. At night she was not allowed to sleep, instead having to stand facing the wall of the balcony outside which was also her room. The family treated her well for the first year, though she was never paid. The trouble began when she asked for her wages. The with-holding of wages, says Mr. Ismael (First Secretary of Labour at the Embassy) is the most common cause of complaint... New Internationalist, May 1998.

www.devp.org...

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
powell already wrote his memoirs,they aint bad

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Is anybody else here getting deju vu with Palpatine dissolving the Senate in Star Wars?

*cues the Imperial March music*

Gaz, dude, buddy.....you hit geek overload with that one!

The cabinet is what it is: nothing but black souls, the lot of them.

Now, the one to watch is the CIA....they know where the bodies are buried & a politician like Porter Goss is going to get 'em up in arms!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Makes me wonder, how far away is that National Police State? I don't think new cabinet members is a major shock. Powell didn't even want to be there in the first place, but was doing more of a favor. I didn't expect him to be there for the second term. The people should be happy that some of the others are leaving. Its not always easy to do what you are told when you don't really believe its the right thing. Im sure many things come as a shock over a 4 year term. Trying to wipe your hands clean after all the time probably gets an anxious calling. Another 4 years, I can't imagine what we are all in store for.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Makes me wonder, how far away is that National Police State? I don't think new cabinet members is a major shock. Powell didn't even want to be there in the first place, but was doing more of a favor. I didn't expect him to be there for the second term. The people should be happy that some of the others are leaving. Its not always easy to do what you are told when you don't really believe its the right thing. Im sure many things come as a shock over a 4 year term. Trying to wipe your hands clean after all the time probably gets an anxious calling. Another 4 years, I can't imagine what we are all in store for.

Well, the thing is, you can look at this two ways:

1. It's good they're leaving because it shows that they don't agree with the current administration, and maybe they're taking a stand.

Or

2. It sucks they're walking because they're leaving open positions for the administration to fill with puppets who will, no doubt, agree with them on the issues that the men who just left may not have.

In other words, no one is going to be there to represent conflicting opinions.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I can't argue with your logic. I guess we will see what happens.

The scarey thing with 2nd termers is the fact that they can get puppets in the 2nd term. The first term is more important because of reelection purposes. Once they've been reelected they can be a little more extreme in their actions. Even more so when they control the House, Senate, and soon Supreme Court. Buckle your seta belts.

[edit on 11/15/2004 by infinite8]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Such a shame. I really hate to see Colin Powell go. He was one of the few members of the Bush administration that I respected. Powell was in my opinion the best thing to happen to the Bush administration. I just hope his replacement is as good if not better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join