Anti Fortress Laws

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm not the kind of prepper that has guns, an electric fence around his property and thinks he can go it alone in a SHTF scenario, community is more my thing. But I thought some of you guys might find this interesting. Of course they are "aimed" and illegal activities, but how long before these laws are used against preppers, or prepping becomes and illegal activity (under the name of hoarding)?*

Victoria introduces new laws to allow police to strip fortifications from bikie clubhouses

"What we say through these laws is that you can't have fortified premises. That is totally unacceptable," he said.

"There are laws in place to allow police to pull down those fortifications, so that police can do their job properly."

Interestingly the police used these laws to raid the Hells Angels HQ today.

Do you already have these laws in the US? Coming to your state soon?

From Wikipedia:
Hoarding (economics)
In economics, hoarding is the practice of obtaining and holding scarce resources, possibly so that they can be sold to customers for profit.

Definition

Under capitalist theory, if this is done so that the resource can be transferred to the customer or improved upon, then it is a standard business practice (e.g. buying up a bunch of wood to turn into a house); however, if the sole intent is to hold an otherwise unavailable resource it is considered hoarding.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

I am in NSW and I heard this on the radio today briefly, so you are able to have fortified premises but the police are aloud to pull it down with warrant or none at all?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If you have a fortress, dont own a bike?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

From today, Victoria Police will be able to obtain court orders to forcibly remove physical barriers and closed circuit television systems.

So you cant have a home security system?

So either the cops think everyone is a criminal or the cops are admitting they are criminals in them not wanting anyone to know they are coming or delay their entry.

Why not just make it a capital offense to remain alive in the presence of a cop?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I worked with a fellow who's father is a life-long member of a certain bikie gang here in Sydney.

They did get up to some fairly unsavoury business.

That's why the police target these gangs, nothing more.

I'm sure if you were smart and didn't draw attention to yourself, you could construct a lovely fortress complete with flower garden, picket fence, yoga room and high-calibre ammunition reserves, and not get hassled by the cops.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
Why not just make it a capital offense to remain alive in the presence of a cop?

All humans could commit a crime, even cops. So we should just lock everyone up in isolation voluntarily.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As much as I hate to say it, I agree that gangs having fortified clubhouses should not be allowed as they are up to no good. On the other hand fortification of your own home to protect your family is also forbidden to which I disagree. The police today are making way to many mistakes and raiding the wrong houses for them now to be given Cart Blanch.

I do not live in the US but from what I read, the people there need to fortify there homes from the police. The new law is just a catchall that can be used against the citizenry when the time comes to do so.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kangajack

While I do see the police officers side of the argument. There were not your average citizen they are criminals.

They seized several guns, drugs, cash and explosives.

As an example, over here, I can wear my NIJ ballistic Level II, but the second I wear it while committing a crime it becomes illegal.

I can also see how it can be abused. If they start targeting preppers I will get worried. I think they make these laws vague on purpose so they can change the interpretation to suit the situation.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

overratedpatriotism

As an example, over here, I can wear my NIJ ballistic Level II, but the second I wear it while committing a crime it becomes illegal.

I love that law. Because you arent already committing a crime to make the act of wearing the vest illegal?

Gee, I'm planning on holding up a gas station this weekend. Better not wear a vest because that would be illegal.

This article points out the law is to target fortifications where illegal activity is taking place. Well, if you know illegal activity is taking place why arent the cops arresting the parties involved and putting a stop to the illegal activity?

They'll keep tearing down the fence around the crack house but they'll never bust the crack house?

Law enforcement is a joke. A violent, inconsistent, flailing impotent joke.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Rammed earth is a modern-ancient building technique. it stops (some/most) bullets. will it become an illegal way to build your home?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There is a huge "Outlaw Motor Cycle Gang" crackdown going on in Australia at the moment due to the growing violence by the bikie gangs, and bikie gangs going to war, causing riots and fighting inside restaurants.

A couple weeks ago 60 members of one bikie gang went to the gold coast looking for one man of a rival bikie gang. That one guy threw the first punch and it was on. 3 Police officers ended up breaking it up using thier tazers. The bikies then went on and ripped into a police station where they assaulted police officers there, and in the end about 20 bikies were arrested.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So what they're saying is that a mans home is his castle, but his castle can't be his castle.

How confusing.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

That is the point of my posting it here, how do you interpret the law? And yes I think it was made deliberately vague so they can use it against enemies of the state later on, just another example of manufacturing a problem (in this case bikie gangs) and then coming up with the solution, only the solution is always a crack down on some legal activity that gives the police state more power. How many new laws spun off the London riots?

BTW, I love rammed earth, looks great and you can make it in to any shape easily.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
We don't have these laws in Texas dunno about the rest of the USA. You can have high fences and barbed wire and or an electric fence. Guns, a bunker, or even a cannon (with the right license). However its a very good way to get harassed by the local sheriffs department. People cry when they can't get all in your business. They start complaining to the local sheriff. Same happened to the mormons out at Eldorado Texas.

They wanted to live their own way of life and people cried until false reports were submitted. Those people should have been awarded a huge settlement. At least now they have restraining orders against CPS. I am amazed those people held it together so well. You walk in to a community and steal all of their children for no reason and they do nothing... Better men than I. I would have snapped if someone stole my kids.

new topics
top topics

join