It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

If for instance you are in jail and someone other than your self, creates within your jail a room where you can do what you want, say what you want and believe what you want. Is that freedom? Or are you just being tricked in to believing you are experiencing freedom? Are you satisfied with that false freedom or are you going to do your best in realizing ultimate freedom. If you are you will need to do much more than just rebel against the jail makers. You will need to know how the bars are made and what its like on either side of the bars. Not only that, you will need to know if those who are on the other side of the bars are free or are they under the illusion of freedom. Freedom from believing in
illusions. A freedom that cant be offered or sold. Neither new or old.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I think freedom will always be one half of a duality.
Something is always there to balance.

Freedom of speech becomes balanced by social responsibility.
Sexual freedom by the benefits of fidelity.
Freedom of action by our duty to obey the law and respect others.

These moderators of our freedom are benign. We learn balance.

The way we limit our freedom by adherence to useless dogma, emotional immaturity and ignorance are all remedied from within.
When we learn how we restrict ourselves, the restriction disappears.

Most of all, we seem as a species to want freedom from the consequences of our actions.
Like any infant.

We are not free to abuse our freedom for ever.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Freedom is being able to express yourself without another person imposing their will upon you.

the truth shall set you free because only when you are free from the lies are you able to use the potential to do what you desire when it comes to individual freedom it is honesty because with honesty you are able to be yourself and you are able to express yourself without holding back
edit on 10-10-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
what greater freedom is there?

to be able to do what you want is the essence of freedom.

to just say what you feel to just trust your instincts follow your urges to be able to say what is on your mind without having to hesitate out of fear of how others will react to be able to do what you want without caring about how others will perceive you.

those things you cannot do by Nature are very few when a person begins to control another human beings life that is when all of the feeling of slavery comes

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Your FREEDOM to swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose. The Rule of LAW protects individuals from others who would stretch freedom into license (lack of due restraint)

The Rule of MAN grants a privelaged set of persons license while curbing the freedom of others. That is what we are seeing in the USA today. Our Constitution says:

“No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

Further, the prohibition on titles complemented the prohibition in Article III, Section 3, on the "Corruption of Blood" worked by "Attainder[s] of Treason" (i.e., the prohibition on creating a disability in the posterity of an attained person upon claiming an inheritance as his heir, or as heir to his ancestor). Together these prohibitions ruled out the creation of certain caste-specific legal privileges or disabilities arising solely from the accident of birth. www.heritage.org...#!/articles/1/essays/68/emoluments-clause

Unfortunately they did not specify no class of people shall be set apart and treated differently than others.

America’s Ruling Class
Never has there been so little diversity within America’s upper crust....

Today’s ruling class, from Boston to San Diego, was formed by an educational system that exposed them to the same ideas and gave them remarkably uniform guidance, as well as tastes and habits....

Regardless of what business or profession they are in, their road up included government channels and government money because, as government has grown, its boundary with the rest of American life has become indistinct. Many began their careers in government and leveraged their way into the private sector. Some, e.g., Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner, never held a non-government job. Hence whether formally in government, out of it, or halfway, America’s ruling class speaks the language and has the tastes, habits, and tools of bureaucrats. It rules uneasily over the majority of Americans not oriented to government.

The two classes have less in common culturally, dislike each other more, and embody ways of life more different from one another than did the 19th century’s Northerners and Southerners....

Who are these rulers, and by what right do they rule? How did America change from a place where people could expect to live without bowing to privileged classes to one in which, at best, they might have the chance to climb into them? What sets our ruling class apart from the rest of us?

Its attitude is key to understanding our bipartisan ruling class. Its first tenet is that “we” are the best and brightest while the rest of Americans are retrograde, racist, and dysfunctional unless properly constrained....

The Agenda: Power

Our ruling class’s agenda is power for itself. While it stakes its claim through intellectual-moral pretense, it holds power by one of the oldest and most prosaic of means: patronage and promises thereof.

Laws and regulations nowadays are longer than ever because length is needed to specify how people will be treated unequally. For example, the health care bill of 2010 takes more than 2,700 pages to make sure not just that some states will be treated differently from others because their senators offered key political support, but more importantly to codify bargains between the government and various parts of the health care industry, state governments, and large employers about who would receive what benefits (e.g., public employee unions and auto workers) and who would pass what indirect taxes onto the general public. The financial regulation bill of 2010, far from setting univocal rules for the entire financial industry in few words, spends some 3,000 pages (at this writing) tilting the field exquisitely toward some and away from others. Even more significantly, these and other products of Democratic and Republican administrations and Congresses empower countless boards and commissions arbitrarily to protect some persons and companies, while ruining others....

In other words we no longer are a country run by the RULES OF LAW but a country with out FREEDOM run by the RULE OF MAN.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Greetings,

Perhaps this may shed some light...

The Story of your Enslavement:

www.youtube.com...

Hope it helps.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Very helpful,thank you.

For years I've complained that :-
Born in the forties, I was a subject, and I was ruled.
During the sixties I became a citizen, and was governed.
In the seventies I became a consumer, and I was farmed.
When they get me hooked on internet gambling, I'll be a punter, and I'll be f**ked.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

mistersmith
reply to post by Eryiedes

Very helpful,thank you.

For years I've complained that :-
Born in the forties, I was a subject, and I was ruled.
During the sixties I became a citizen, and was governed.
In the seventies I became a consumer, and I was farmed.
When they get me hooked on internet gambling, I'll be a punter, and I'll be f**ked.

mistersmith.

Kalimera,

Glad to be of assistance to you sir.
And by the way...nicely put.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What is troubling to me is that narcissism is probably the most primary factor to the prevention of a utopian society today in America. These people say they believe in a creator but are the opposite of anything like that and in total agreement with everything evil. They indulge in the action of taking freedom away from individuals. Every thought and action that comes from that is of the very essence of the ego and in total disregard for anyone of anything else around them. It's like they get some kind of high from controlling people.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

greyer
It's like they get some kind of high from controlling people.

I tend to agree.

"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac" (or the lesser known) "Power is the great aphrodisiac"- Henry Kissinger

Speaking of freedom...

Doug Stanhope on Freedom:

www.youtube.com...

-Amitaba-
edit on 12-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

mistersmith

I think freedom will always be one half of a duality.
Something is always there to balance.

Freedom of speech becomes balanced by social responsibility.
Sexual freedom by the benefits of fidelity.
Freedom of action by our duty to obey the law and respect others.

These moderators of our freedom are benign. We learn balance.

The way we limit our freedom by adherence to useless dogma, emotional immaturity and ignorance are all remedied from within.
When we learn how we restrict ourselves, the restriction disappears.

Most of all, we seem as a species to want freedom from the consequences of our actions.
Like any infant.

We are not free to abuse our freedom for ever.

mistersmith.

I agree but ultimate freedom will come when we find our true potential. When we are free from the constraints of these bodies and our minds, souls and spirit are free to soar. Someday we will truly be free, free from constraints we have now. I think it will be fantastic.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

" I agree but ultimate freedom will come when we find our true potential. When we are free from the constraints of these bodies and our minds, souls and spirit are free to soar. Someday we will truly be free, free from constraints we have now. I think it will be fantastic. "

The Bot

I have very similar feelings, and think they are appropriate to our present level of understanding.
We are restricted -- that we are responsible for our own limitations is irrelevant -- we chafe beneath the bonds we fashion for ourselves, and naturally wish to be completely unrestricted.

Two things argue against this for me :-
Eternity is a long time (oxymoronic, but you'll know what I mean), and allows no "ultimate (or final) freedom."
When we emerge from the restrictions of ego, we will realise our connection with all souls, so our present constraints will be exchanged for a view which will weigh others' interests as equal to our own.
I suspect our soaring (which I anticipate with delight) will always be moderated by our desire to avoid collision with our fellow souls.
I see an endless becoming, but no arrival.
Have a good journey.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

The grass is always greener on the other side. I was gonna move to a nicer city one time. But then I realized I couldn't bring my friends and family so it made it just too difficult. I'll just visit places and not bother with moving anywhere full time. You need 3 things in life: 1) somewhere to live 2) somone to love 3) something to do. That's all you need.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
When the mind is free no prison exists.
edit on 13-10-2013 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

spartacus699

The grass is always greener on the other side. I was gonna move to a nicer city one time. But then I realized I couldn't bring my friends and family so it made it just too difficult. I'll just visit places and not bother with moving anywhere full time. You need 3 things in life: 1) somewhere to live 2) somone to love 3) something to do. That's all you need.

good clear strategy and works on that level, but not always are we to consider a physical place. Also that is all a human needs, but your spirit also will have its place to be.

join