It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire Hunters / Researchers

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Another question if i may. Why Skunk Works?
Surely paranormal or even cryptozoology would have been more suitable forums?

Not accusing, just asking.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by inquisitive1977

Well as shocked as i am apparently there are people who want to hunt vampires.

www.helium.com...

Priceless...

"Obviously, you're gonna need books and ancient tomes; a computer with an internet connection helps too." Yeah, a computer does help... Yoo Hooo! I'm over here...

This is the sort of article I'll join you in mocking. It's got the trappings of fantasy. The stake in the heart will likely kill me... and everyone else too. It's likely just someone playing make believe on the web for a hoot but it may also be a piece of contrived B.S. put out there to mislead, misinform and dilute truth. I don't know either way but this very thing is done for vampires as well. Sites proclaim to have the "truth" and sling disinformation, to great effect considering the reaction here, to prevent anyone with true disclosure from being taken seriously.

Y'know, I don't mind skepticism, in fact, I have some myself. It was the nasty tenor that wasn't necessary. Interesting find, by the way, despite the wild flight of fancy it is. I'd never run across THAT one.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Dmvr34
Another question if i may. Why Skunk Works?
Surely paranormal or even cryptozoology would have been more suitable forums?

Not accusing, just asking.

Strangely, I started this in Secret Societies. I presumed that Hunters would have one, and researchers might also. Somehow, ATS staff felt it needed to be here.

Cryptozoology would have been my choice if I was making the post about myself, which it wasn't intended to be. It's just where it's been taken and at this point with so little information on hunters coming up, I don't mind a few questions. I don't even know what Skunk Works means in this case, unless they're saying my topic smells bad. *Checks Armpits*

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by aptrgangr

Thanks for the reply. Clears up that question.
Some more if you dont mind?
Do you tend to travel often? Im sure suspicions would rise if you hang around long enough?

P.s To be honest, i dont believe you are what you claim, but on the off chance you are, i'll keep listening if you want to keep talking. Im more than willing to be proven wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

aptrgangr

galadofwarthethird
Yet if there real, I dont think indulging them is going to turn out good in the long run. I mean we would not want the OP's boyfriend or girlfriend to one day be waking up in the middle of the night, with her standing over them, holding a knife and a straw, trying to slip a little blood from that jugular artery, and suck some blood...Oh! Ouch.

Don't worry my little jester. I don't date humans. Your statement has a point and I prefer not to see the person I love also as food. It never works out.

As for researchers, there's a number of them, few are focusing on the medical aspect, most aim toward the metaphysical and I'm not saying this to encourage the "hey, you're stupid and I believe nothing but let me experiment on you, dummy!" types, because I'd never go near those sorts. Still, I'd be willing to test some things but too few are open to searching the materials in ways that go beyond conventional human medicine. I don't know what could be found, I'm a mystery to myself in many ways, all my observations of my own traits are just guesses on my part as to WHY they exist, so, do i want to know more? Yes. Do I want to be treated like a freak in a lab? Are you kidding?

Few medical professionals will touch the topic since they'll be treated as badly as I would if they consider it seriously and not in a "lets just do this to prove to the subject that they're delusional" (which has been done a few times) and is about as useful as whipping some holy water on me and saying "See, you're normal". Research at this point is a mess. Everything I've read is rife with mixed results because the "Sanguinarians" always have to have their say and 9 times out of 10, Sanguinarians (what a stupid name) are human with a blood fetish.

No not true if you actually had different genetic markers then humans you would get someone a nobel prize in medicine. Imagine being there first scientist to prove there is a disease or a sub class of humans both is a major career builder.Then there would be the talk show circuit and lectures for both of them be tons of money involved you know everyone would want to book a vampire on there show.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

aptrgangr

dragonridr
reply to post by inquisitive1977

Well as shocked as i am apparently there are people who want to hunt vampires.

www.helium.com...

Priceless...

"Obviously, you're gonna need books and ancient tomes; a computer with an internet connection helps too." Yeah, a computer does help... Yoo Hooo! I'm over here...

This is the sort of article I'll join you in mocking. It's got the trappings of fantasy. The stake in the heart will likely kill me... and everyone else too. It's likely just someone playing make believe on the web for a hoot but it may also be a piece of contrived B.S. put out there to mislead, misinform and dilute truth. I don't know either way but this very thing is done for vampires as well. Sites proclaim to have the "truth" and sling disinformation, to great effect considering the reaction here, to prevent anyone with true disclosure from being taken seriously.

Y'know, I don't mind skepticism, in fact, I have some myself. It was the nasty tenor that wasn't necessary. Interesting find, by the way, despite the wild flight of fancy it is. I'd never run across THAT one.

Of course you need a computer if your hunting vampires you obviously need access to face book. How else are you going to keep track of all those vampires running around?

www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

does the furry page count as werewolves??

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Dmvr34
Thanks for the reply. Clears up that question.
Some more if you dont mind?
Do you tend to travel often? Im sure suspicions would rise if you hang around long enough?

Not at all. My landlord suspected and I did tell her and I did tell a neighbor. In both cases, there was a little disbelief which is fine but the landlord suspected already and I have no idea how she sees me now but I am on good terms with her. As for my neighbor, a lawyer, we sat on his porch one night as I explained quietly and he seemed to study me. He seemed a bit bothered but again we are on good terms, though he doesn't want me coming over in the evening without calling. He seems a bit skittish, but I know I can trust him. When it comes down to it, I'm pretty damned charming, so, most like me when i speak with them.

Beyond that, I doubt anyone even knows I live here aside from the car. I'm pretty quiet.

Dmvr34
P.s To be honest, i dont believe you are what you claim, but on the off chance you are, i'll keep listening if you want to keep talking. Im more than willing to be proven wrong.

That's really not a requirement of mine, to convince you or anyone. Make up your own mind, if you want to know, do research, be skeptically open minded, but nothing I say will change you. However, I hear there are a number of vampires in S.A. and I've also heard about a lot of "witch trials" over it there. Superstitious place?
edit on 17-10-2013 by aptrgangr because: X

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

dragonridr

Of course you need a computer if your hunting vampires you obviously need access to face book. How else are you going to keep track of all those vampires running around?

www.facebook.com...

That's a great page... for epileptic triggers. Good gods, such a delightful representation they've compiled.

AbleEndangered

does the furry page count as werewolves??

Can someone PLEASE hunt them down and kill them? Possibly the most annoying of the human fetishes right there....

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

We have a different kind of vampire over here, this type seems to enjoy feeding off of the gullible and uneducated..... i call them the government

Yeah, we got some pretty superstitious types over here, but thats more a cultural thing, which is a entirely different discussion.
As for actuall vampires? Havn't seen or heard of any myself..... doesnt mean they dont exist hey

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Dmvr34

We have a different kind of vampire over here, this type seems to enjoy feeding off of the gullible and uneducated..... i call them the government

Yeah, we got some pretty superstitious types over here, but thats more a cultural thing, which is a entirely different discussion.
As for actuall vampires? Havn't seen or heard of any myself..... doesnt mean they dont exist hey

Ah the scariest of all political vampires there only weakness appears to be bribes and the truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I've been trying to be polite and stay out of this as you suggested so as not to harm the Vampire's delicate psyche.

Even when being quiet about the hunter/vampire I still get brought in to the conversation in passing.

What else would you call christian zealots who think I'm a homicidal lunatic that preys on humans (believe they in vampire or not) and seem invested in shutting me up (how far would they go?) and some are ex or current "law" enforcement even.

I am sure that I have never called the OP an homicidal lunatic. I'm sure homicidal should be left off as that is such a strong word.

As far as the OP believing that hunters are being created as they read this thread I believe that is just a little wishful thinking on her part. I don't believe anyone on here believes strongly enough to actually go out and try and hunt anyone down just because they proclaim they are a vampire.

Oh, and by the way, I am still a card carrying, certified law enforcement officer at this time. I just happen to be disabled because someone decided to run over me. Hmm. I wonder if it was a vampire?
edit on 10/17/2013 by mikelkhall because: extra when in sentence

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

mikelkhall

I've been trying to be polite and stay out of this as you suggested so as not to harm the Vampire's delicate psyche.

Even when being quiet about the hunter/vampire I still get brought in to the conversation in passing.

What else would you call christian zealots who think I'm a homicidal lunatic that preys on humans (believe they in vampire or not) and seem invested in shutting me up (how far would they go?) and some are ex or current "law" enforcement even.

I am sure that I have never called the OP an homicidal lunatic. I'm sure homicidal should be left off as that is such a strong word.

As far as the OP believing that hunters are being created as they read this thread I believe that is just a little wishful thinking on her part. I don't believe anyone on here believes strongly enough to actually go out and try and hunt anyone down just because they proclaim they are a vampire.

Oh, and by the way, I am still a card carrying, certified law enforcement officer at this time. I just happen to be disabled because someone decided to run over me. Hmm. I wonder if it was a vampire?
edit on 10/17/2013 by mikelkhall because: extra when in sentence

Are you kidding me i have 2 crossbows and im going outback to make the stakes for my kit figure much better then buying them with a kit. Though honestly i have a 30 aut 6 and suspect a vampire being shot with this will kill them so on second thought who needs the stakes to messy and im to lazy. You know now that i think about it going out and finding vampires sounds like a lot of work maybe i can just advertise and have them come to me make the whole process a lot easier dont you think? Ok well advertising takes time you know posting on facebook answering reply so maybe ill just wait until they attack me there we go an easy solution.Wow this was alot of work time for a nap.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Um OK! So you say.

But hey like I said your not the nuttiest person around these boards by a long shoot. So you got some sort of blood fetish non sexual as you say or whatever.

Oh and good luck with the blood sucking part. I am quite sure you will have a long and happy life with a wonderful carer in front of you. Maybe one day even become the president of the Red Cross or American blood Donation society, though it's likely there already some blood sucker in such posts.

But yes you got other people around here who think there witches, goddesses, gods, aliens, interdimensional creatures, psychic vampires, and energy vampires, warewolfs, faeries and fae's, etc etc. However like I said you may want to tell your boyfriend about your particular leanings, he may take it as amiss when he wakes up that one night to you trying to let some blood out, straw or no straw to suck the blood, or whatever it is you people do.
Lets just say he may start to suspect something may be "up" then. Though I sort of doubt it.

However no matter what you say. I am pretty sure you have no mental or physical characteristics that you believe you have, even coming across on the web like this you seem to be generally normal despite all you say and other then your particular leanings, you seem very dam human, in fact its a quite human trait to believe there something other then they are. And yes all of this could be solved by simple tests and even even a visual physical confrontation will put all this to rest in seconds. But hey! like I said....Whatever. Welcome to ATS.

Sanguinarians eh? If it quacks like a duck, Walks like a duck, Well its usually a duck.
Sanguinarians

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Don't worry my little jester. I don't date humans. Your statement has a point and I prefer not to see the person I love also as food. It never works out.

Oh my bad I completely skipped over this part. Sorry crazy lady or whoever you are, but not interested, I try to keep that stuff down to a minimum of 3 or 4 per month, and eventually get that number down to 0. Besides like I said before, what makes you think I am human? Oh, ya. Also I am like totally one of them hunter people dudes your were talking about or whatever. I mean what else is required or needed to hunt vampires such as you other then barely competent juggling skills. What must I now prove my juggling skills? I think not.

I however was not joking when I said you should fear me. And as such you should begin to do so now.

But in all, do carry on.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

dragonridr

aptrgangr

galadofwarthethird
Yet if there real, I dont think indulging them is going to turn out good in the long run. I mean we would not want the OP's boyfriend or girlfriend to one day be waking up in the middle of the night, with her standing over them, holding a knife and a straw, trying to slip a little blood from that jugular artery, and suck some blood...Oh! Ouch.

As for researchers, there's a number of them, few are focusing on the medical aspect, most aim toward the metaphysical and I'm not saying this to encourage the "hey, you're stupid and I believe nothing but let me experiment on you, dummy!" types, because I'd never go near those sorts. Still, I'd be willing to test some things but too few are open to searching the materials in ways that go beyond conventional human medicine. I don't know what could be found, I'm a mystery to myself in many ways, all my observations of my own traits are just guesses on my part as to WHY they exist, so, do i want to know more? Yes. Do I want to be treated like a freak in a lab? Are you kidding?

Few medical professionals will touch the topic since they'll be treated as badly as I would if they consider it seriously and not in a "lets just do this to prove to the subject that they're delusional" (which has been done a few times) and is about as useful as whipping some holy water on me and saying "See, you're normal". Research at this point is a mess. Everything I've read is rife with mixed results because the "Sanguinarians" always have to have their say and 9 times out of 10, Sanguinarians (what a stupid name) are human with a blood fetish.

No not true if you actually had different genetic markers then humans you would get someone a nobel prize in medicine. Imagine being there first scientist to prove there is a disease or a sub class of humans both is a major career builder.Then there would be the talk show circuit and lectures for both of them be tons of money involved you know everyone would want to book a vampire on there show.

And that is a very valid point. Reproducible, scientific evidence of a subspecies of humans or even a separate species altogether would be the most scientific discovery ever (apart from alien life.) Genetics that led to super-healing and super longevity? Those alone would make careers and make the researcher a rockstar in the scientific community.

[snip] scientific inquiry goes on.
edit on 10-21-2013 by worldwatcher because: off topic remark removed

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join