It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sundiving Comet Heading Towards the Sun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Actually two comets, smaller hit yesterday and bigger one will hit today ..

Very probably we will have CME when comet hit or before it hits ..

They coming from same direction ..

LASCO C3

edit on 10-10-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

MariaLida
They coming from same direction ..

Both from the same direction.

Very nice find. 2 in one day.

I hope they both made it to their star!!

edit on 10-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: quote added

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

It's the beginning of the incoming debris that is traveling with ISON.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I don't watch enough of the sun images.

But I have to ask, how do we know they are actually going to hit the sun? In a 3D space, are we sure they are not behind the sun, heading away from it, toward it, etc? parallel to it and not in direct line toward it.

I don't know if there is more info about it, as I've never looked. But everyone seems sure these guys hit the sun, at some point.

?!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

winofiend

I don't watch enough of the sun images.

But I have to ask, how do we know they are actually going to hit the sun? In a 3D space, are we sure they are not behind the sun, heading away from it, toward it, etc? parallel to it and not in direct line toward it.

I don't know if there is more info about it, as I've never looked. But everyone seems sure these guys hit the sun, at some point.

?!

If they enter from one side and then disappear, it means it probably went into Sun. And calculations should be easy, for that big object, they know the gravity of Sun and comet's course.
edit on 10-10-2013 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VectorEquilibrium

No. It's what's known as a Kreutz comet. They are seen on a very regular basis and have nothing to do with C/2012 S1.

Since the turn on of the LASCO instrument on December 30, 1995 we have discovered over 1100 new comets, of which over 900 belong to the Kreutz sungrazing group. The majority of the remaining comets belong to four new groups -- the Meyer, Marsden, and Kracht I and II groups -- that were declared based solely on LASCO comet observations.

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

edit on 10/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Phage

No. It's what's known as a Kreutz comet. They are seen on a very regular basis and have nothing to do with C/2012 S1.

Since the turn on of the LASCO instrument on December 30, 1995 we have discovered over 1100 new comets, of which over 900 belong to the Kreutz sungrazing group. The majority of the remaining comets belong to four new groups -- the Meyer, Marsden, and Kracht I and II groups -- that were declared based solely on LASCO comet observations.

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

Thank you for the clarification/link. Are any of these "Kreutz" comets hazardous to earth? It is interesting to see and appears to me that the comet hit the sun on one side and solar emissions belch from the opposite side. It's as if the objects pass through the sun as they are being vaporized.

VE

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No. The orbit of Kreutz comets does not cross that of Earth so pose no risk of impact.

These comets are smaller even than "normal" comets like Halleys. They have no perceivable effect on the Sun, evaporating before they reach the photosphere.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've been watching sun dive comet's for some time ...and, men, this sun diving comet's do have some influence on sun flares... hum....
take a look:
www.spaceweather.com...

ISON it's not a Sun diving one...but it's a close one.... I'm intrigued w/ what will happen.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Every notice how sometimes the phone rings when you get into the shower? Do you think your shower makes the phone ring?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yes, there have been thousands of small comets found by sun-facing satellites such as SOHO that fall directly into the sun, several every day. That is normal. But the typical larger comets of both the short-period type and especially the long-period comets never do that except for one noted case several years ago.

For an alternative explanation for why comets, especially the long-period comets, don't fall into the sun, see my thread Rethinking Comets in the Skunk Works forum and make up your own mind rather than believe what they want you to believe. Comets are the UFO of outer space. They can't deny them so they have to explain them in conventional terms.

new topics

top topics

join