It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could all this (shutdown, debt ceiling, ACA) be a distraction from:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

"A Corporate Trojan Horse": Obama Pushes Secretive TPP Trade Pact, Would Rewrite Swath of U.S. Laws

www.democracynow.org...

As the federal government shutdown continues, Secretary of State John Kerry heads to Asia for secret talks on a sweeping new trade deal, the Trans-Pacific Partnership. The TPP is often referred to by critics as "NAFTA on steroids," and would establish a free trade zone that would stretch from Vietnam to Chile, encompassing 800 million people — about a third of world trade and nearly 40 percent of the global economy. While the text of the treaty has been largely negotiated behind closed doors and, until June, kept secret from Congress, more than 600 corporate advisers reportedly have access to the measure, including employees of Halliburton and Monsanto. "This is not mainly about trade," says Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch. "It is a corporate Trojan horse. The agreement has 29 chapters, and only five of them have to do with trade. The other 24 chapters either handcuff our domestic governments, limiting food safety, environmental standards, financial regulation, energy and climate policy, or establishing new powers for corporations."

I think this is an area, such as food freedom, that the left and right can come together. There are actually quite a few areas we mostly agree on. Oh, some of the fine points of correcting a problem may be in contention but overall there is agreement on Government Spying, Federal Reserve, Endless Wars (real and imaginary).

I took a facilitators seminar once and was taught to stick to the areas of agreement and just write down and set aside the areas of disagreement. In all cases where this method was used, acceptable (to both sides, or mutliple sides) solutions to the areas in dispute were found by focusing on the areas of consensus.

My question here is serious - is this all just a stunt (by both sides of the aisle) to keep attention away from this monstrosity? This behind closed doors CORPORATE takeover of a 1/3 of the world.

What do you think? - No blaming - just talking about something that "THEY" don't want talked about.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yeah it is a a distraction:

People are not talking about Snowden,North Korea,Syria,Iran,NSA, the IRS, and the spying on journalists,fast and furious etc.

They are sure playing that 'manufactured' crisis up like nothing I have seen lately.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

It's fascism exposed pure and simple. This is a distraction and we are seeing a global take-over, or at least an attempt at it.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

neo96
Yeah it is a a distraction:

People are not talking about Snowden,North Korea,Syria,Iran,NSA, the IRS, and the spying on journalists,fast and furious etc.

They are sure playing that 'manufactured' crisis up like nothing I have seen lately.

/applause

For a complete list, with sources, of all scandals being ignored, please visit Doug Ross's blog which is the best compilation I've seen.

OP, I've been wondering what the distraction is, your guess is the best one I've heard. Get ahold of your seeds and gardening books now folks, you can sit among your peas and beans and wait to be arrested for daring to grow your own food.

link   

This may very well be what is in the left hand while they are having us focus on the right. NAFTA and other trade treaties have killed the economy in North America. Jobs have been outsourced, not just telemarketing jobs, but engineering, manufacturing, biochemical and all manners of others. NAFTA quite literally stripped the wealth from both the US and Canada and deposited the wealth offshore where it could be less regulated and garner less taxes.

It is no wonder the corporations are backing this garbage, it helps them and screws everyone else. The TPP is but one additional despicable treaty, there is also the TAP. In Canada the Harper (mis)government actually put through a bill (Bill C-6 which became Bill C-36) that actually defines government as not just the Canadian government, but foreign governments, domestic and foreign institutions and domestic and foreign corporations. How's that for privacy, the government in Canada can trade your personal information, sell it, to almost any one as long as they have at least an "Inc." or "LLC" after their corporate name.

But here is an interesting question; Governments, counties, municipalities, towns and cities now are all corporations, who are on their Boards of Directors and who are the Shareholders? Corporations answer to Boards of Directors and Shareholders, I think we need an answer to this question.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/10.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

link   

The TPP is the new world order - along with agenda 21 from the UN.

The USA will not be a soveriegn nation anymore - all laws will be governed to the whim of the few large corporations, exempt from US law.

And you know the players - Monsanto, Dow Chemical, the huge oil corps, and of course Big Pharma.

These guys certainly have their ducks in a row.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I guess it could be a distraction, or it could be the main event and everything else was a mixture of red herrings, brainwashing, steps towards this endgame and distractions.
edit on 10-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join