It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats to America: We own the government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Let's be clear here. I believe the republicans are just as bad and just as at fault as the democrats for our current situation. Still after reading the article it does have a point.

In the current fight over the government shutdown, Republicans are simply representing the views of the American people.

Americans didn’t ask for Obamacare, they don’t want it, but now their insurance premiums are going through the roof, their doctors aren’t accepting it, and their employers are moving them into part-time work — or firing them — to avoid the law’s mandates.

Contrary to Obama’s promises, it turns out: You can’t keep your doctor, you can’t keep your insurance — you can’t even keep your job. In other words, it’s a typical government program, but this one wrecks your health care.

Wow, that's pretty harsh. Still why does the article insinuate the democrats think they own the government?

A longtime Democratic operative, Karen Finney, explained the Democrats’ intransigence on MSNBC to a delighted Joan Walsh by comparing House Republicans to a teenager trying to borrow his mother’s car. “No, I’m not negotiating!” Mother says. “It’s MY CAR!”

This wasn’t a stupid slip of the tongue that other Democrats quickly rejected. Finney had used the exact same metaphor to a panel of highly agreeable MSNBC guests the day before.

Huh? The democrats think the government is their car an no one else gets to drive it. Well that explains a lot. “I’m not negotiating! It’s MY CAR!”

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
China owns the government!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You should be very clear about who wrote this, Ann coulter. You claim both sides are bad, then use a right-wing hit piece to say, "see, I told you democrats are bad."

This women is about as credible a news source as Rachel Maddow.
edit on 9-10-2013 by DarkKnight76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

DarkKnight76
You should be very clear about who wrote this, Ann coulter. You claim both sides are bad, then use a right-wing hot piece to say, "see, I told you."

Ann Coulter is a conservative of moderate standing IMO.

Show me anything not factual in the article.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ann Coulter? Is this the jokes and humor section?

In the current fight over the government shutdown, Republicans are simply representing the views of the American people.

Yes but a small portion of the people.

Americans didn’t ask for Obamacare, they don’t want it, but now their insurance premiums are going through the roof, their doctors aren’t accepting it, and their employers are moving them into part-time work — or firing them — to avoid the law’s mandates.

Actually the polls showed the public favored Obamacare. All the rest of it is due to the greed of the insurance companies. They should have just given everyone the same coverage our politicians currently enjoy.

Contrary to Obama’s promises, it turns out: You can’t keep your doctor, you can’t keep your insurance — you can’t even keep your job. In other words, it’s a typical government program, but this one wrecks your healthcare.

If you Doctor is in the system you can keep your Doctor.

– Obamacare will allow insurers to charge 50 percent higher premiums for smokers, but prohibits insurers from increasing premiums for those with HIV/AIDS.

Can she point out one person who chose to get AIDS?

The woman is a racist lunatic.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think this about sums it up in a weird and awkward nutshell.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

buster2010
Ann Coulter? Is this the jokes and humor section?

Nope.

Actually the polls showed the public favored Obamacare. All the rest of it is due to the greed of the insurance companies. They should have just given everyone the same coverage our politicians currently enjoy.

Let's take another poll after they get over their sticker shock, IRS penalties or cut working hours. Heck let's take one now.

If you Doctor is in the system you can keep your Doctor.

Yeah sure they can. The doctors are also real happy with obamacare just ask them.

Can she point out one person who chose to get AIDS?

How is that even relevant? Smoking is a chemical addiction. Harder to kick than heroin.

The woman is a racist lunatic.

No she not.

ETA - Show me one reference to her being racist please.
edit on 261am5757am122013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Bassago

DarkKnight76
You should be very clear about who wrote this, Ann coulter. You claim both sides are bad, then use a right-wing hot piece to say, "see, I told you."

Moderate.
Sure
And King Kong was a monkey of moderate size.

edit on 10-10-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

100% accurate attitude from them.

They *really* do think they own it.

But only when something good comes along.

Which is usually 1 thing out of 500.

Their mistakes are always blamed away on any number of selected scapegoats.

And the MSM does the rest.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

SaturnFX

Bassago

DarkKnight76

Moderate.
Sure
And King Kong was a monkey of moderate size.

edit on 10-10-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Oh brother. This Stann Coulter guy doesn't have a clue.

Who is he again? A famous drag queen?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

No doubt about it she's a conservative (OK, republican) moderate. That may sound difficult to believe but that's what she seems to me. If you want an example of rightwing I'd say McCain. As a libertarian I was just making the observation, not a judgement.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Good.

Then we know who should lose their jobs first, come elections.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If anyone owns the American government it's the Zionists aka neocons.

“You know very well, and the stupid Americans know equally well, that we control their government, irrespective of who sits in the White House. You see, I know it and you know it that no American president can be in a position to challenge us even if we do the unthinkable. What can they (Americans) do to us? We control congress, we control the media, we control show biz, and we control everything in America. In America you can criticize God, but you can’t criticize Israel…” Israeli spokeswoman, Tzipora Menache

theunjustmedia.com...

edit on 10-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Doesn't matter one damn bit who wrote the article.

Democrats do think they own government,

Democrats do think they own my money,my rights,my guns, seems to me the left thinks they own my very own thoughts.

I don't really see what there is to argue about with the op.

All it is doing is stating the obvious.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

olaru12

If anyone owns the American government it's the Zionists aka neocons.

There's always one in the bunch that needs to blame Zionists.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

neo96
Doesn't matter one damn bit who wrote the article.

Democrats do think they own government,

Democrats do think they own my money,my rights,my guns, seems to me the left thinks they own my very own thoughts.

I don't really see what there is to argue about with the op.

All it is doing is stating the obvious.

So what is the GOP going to do about it? Do they have a plan to take back the WH and both houses? It's going to take more of a platform for the republicans to win elections besides just saying "we're not Obama"
As disgusted as Americans are with Obama, the DNC has already hatched a plan to maintain control by appealing to their corporate masters, with guess who at the helm?

The GOP now being controlled mainly by right wing Christians are going to have a formidable task to appeal to mainstream voters especially with the fragmentation due to the Tea Party, libertarians and other factions.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

So what is the GOP going to do about it?

Go ask them.

Do they have a plan to take back the WH and both houses? It's going to take more of a platform for the republicans to win elections besides just saying "we're not Obama"

Prolly work since that is how Obama and the left got in to power :

Obama isn't Bush, Democrats aren't Republicans,.

Simpleton slogans work so well in this country.

YES WE CAN!

As disgusted as Americans are with Obama, the DNC has already hatched a plan to maintain control by appealing to their corporate masters.

Rather tired of the corporate vilification that goes on. Hell hate them so effing much stop using that computer, and internet, and healthcare.

Please by all means hate corporations So damn much stop using their products.

No wait never mind.

The GOP now being controlled mainly by right wing Christians are going to have a formidable task to appeal to mainstream voters especially with the fragmentation due to the Tea Party

Rather tired of asinine comments like that.

Why YES ATS the bigots on here sure do love to hate them evil right wing christians!!!

They are the source of all this countries problems!.
edit on 10-10-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

olaru12

The GOP now being controlled mainly by right wing Christians are going to have a formidable task to appeal to mainstream voters especially with the fragmentation due to the Tea Party, libertarians and other factions.

Don't know if this is really true. Many reps went back home and took a beating at town hall meetings as well as getting continuously flooded by faxes, emails and phone calls about what the constituents want.

Even if they are christian they have a right to representative government. Tea party and libertarians should also deserve a say.
edit on 314am2525am12013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Notice how they never have anything to say about the Muslim congressional representatives?

Nary a word ever about them,

All they do is just demagogue the 'christian right'.

Hell they never ever seem to say anything about the Christian left, and they do exist.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Bassago

olaru12

Don't know if this is really true. Many reps went back home and took a beating at town hall meetings as well as getting continuously flooded by faxes, emails and phone calls about what the constituents want.

Even if they are christian they have a right to representative government. Don't you agree? Or is it because you deem them "right-wing" they don't get a say. Tea party and libertarians should also deserve a say.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I was just making an observation. I don't really care what party controls the govt. It's just entertaining to watch the responses to my observations. I'm pretty much apolitical as it's a pointless exercise in futility anyway. I think it's naive to think the American electorate has any control over anything.

I'm just a "people like you" observer. Am I still allowed to do that? If I ruffle a few feathers....that's just to damn bad! Man up and don't be so sensitive!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join