It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner prepares to let the US default

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think we should wait until people are no longer willing to lend money before default. No need to end the ride before it has to end. I would go as far as to say we should double down and spend even more with more debt. Default is probably going to happen eventually so why not live it up while we still can?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

ObamaCareBear
I think we should wait until people are no longer willing to lend money before default. No need to end the ride before it has to end. I would go as far as to say we should double down and spend even more with more debt. Default is probably going to happen eventually so why not live it up while we still can?

Sounds responsible. You should run for a political office--you'd fit right in.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Obama say no now.

He wants more to steal for his cronies.

President Obama signaled Saturday that he wouldn't accept the Republicans' offer for a short-term increase in the nation's debt limit.

"It wouldn’t be wise, as some suggest, to just kick the debt ceiling can down the road for a couple months, and flirt with a first-ever intentional default right in the middle of the holiday shopping season," Obama said in his weekly address.

"Because damage to America’s sterling credit rating wouldn’t just cause global markets to go haywire; it would become more expensive for everyone in America to borrow money. Students paying for college. Newlyweds buying a home," he said.

House Republicans have offered a six-week increase in the debt limit. If adopted, the plan will buy time for broader negotiations over entitlement spending and taxes, they say.

Obama rules out short-term debt ceiling hike

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

So I read your last post and you said China owns our highways and a few other parts of our infrastructure (if we default). So this is what we put up for collateral? I'm trying to understand because I know when you do a loan you have to have a plan should that person default. I'm just trying to wrap my head around what this looks like internationally.

Although we won't default as so many have justified well in here - what is the true payoff of always having a mortgage with other super nations? Is this the new norm? If so what is in it for us? Other than temporary superficial luxury we don't need (and I am talking about "need").

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

xuenchen
Obama say no now.

President Obama signaled Saturday that he wouldn't accept the Republicans' offer for a short-term increase in the nation's debt limit.

"It wouldn’t be wise, as some suggest, to just kick the debt ceiling can down the road for a couple months, and flirt with a first-ever intentional default right in the middle of the holiday shopping season," Obama said in his weekly address.

"Because damage to America’s sterling credit rating wouldn’t just cause global markets to go haywire; it would become more expensive for everyone in America to borrow money. Students paying for college. Newlyweds buying a home," he said.

House Republicans have offered a six-week increase in the debt limit. If adopted, the plan will buy time for broader negotiations over entitlement spending and taxes, they say.

What's with the comment about the holiday shopping season. That one is sadly telling. It screams at me - "lets tug on the hearts of people to put the pressure on while also blaming this on congress". 'People are such sheep you see - they will associate the two in their minds.' That is known as manipulation. If those lines work we are all superficial and have no intrapersonal insight.

I am not picking sides - its just sooo ovious - the manipulation. It's been written about by psychologists for years now yet he still does it because tragically...it works.
edit on 12-10-2013 by Dianec because: Spell

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Metallicus
reply to post by darkbake

I would rather they default now than wait for Obamacare to bankrupt the nation later.'

The sooner we take the pain the sooner we can recover. It's coming either way.

edit on 2013/10/9 by Metallicus because: Sp

you republicans can go inflict pain on yourselves....this is what you are good at. leave the rest of us out of it.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by anon29

Responsibility is something for future generations to learn about. No one is ending this party now and it's probably too late now anyway. You would have to be some sunlight deprived Icelander who actually likes to be miserable to suggest we bite the bullet and deal with the debt problem now. It wouldn't be fun at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

ObamaCareBear
You would have to be some sunlight deprived Icelander who actually likes to be miserable to suggest we bite the bullet and deal with the debt problem now. It wouldn't be fun at all.

The country would have already begun to reverse the downward momentum by acknowledging that derivatives are a ponzi scheme of monstrous proportions and are not the responsibility of the people.
Burying your head in the sand and pretending it's not your problem never solved anything, THAT'S for sure.
I'll take an ounce of cure over an ounce of prevention any day of the week, regardless of the implications.

-Amitaba-
edit on 12-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

xuenchen
Obama say no now.

Did you even read your own quote. He says he wants them to actually fix it, not just temporarily extend it.

That is not the same as saying "I don't want you to fix the problem."

It is the same as saying-- "No more screwing around. Do your jobs. Do it right. Do it now.

Like it or not, this is still on Boehner.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

No.

Obama has *not* outlined anything that even remotely resembles a *solution*.

He has his *ordazz* to continue the theft and corruption.

The resistance is making him responsible.

And he is failing to *solve* anything.

I say default might be the genuine solution.

Return American economic policies to American control is the solution.

Americans have had it with foreign economic influences that keep us broke.

I say *Stiff-Arm* the foreign banking interests.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well it seems to me the current financial system is feeding the rich while it buries the poor. That's a song lyric isn't it?

So a default would be the opportunity for major house cleanup of corrupt dealings, legislation, accountability, perhaps an Obamagate is in order. It will be a painful process. Hopefully peaceful protests and rallies for certain abolishments, a return to personal individual property rights, privacy and security. With access to natural resources. limit on import so that those jobs can come back to America, reduced foreign aid and resort to our own reserved resources while spending billions creating new, cleaner, simpler infrastructures that are engineered to tap into greener energies. Reduce our need for oil and invest in the sciences and technologies that could create markets that revolutionize our aging infra-structure.

Why can't America reinvent itself instead of of crash and burn?

I look favorably of wiping the slate clean of the corporate influences, greed, and wade through the legislation that is unconstitutional. It's time to clean house, there is so much mud slinging going on that the crap we wade in is deep. We need to grab the pitch forks and start mucking out the stalls. We might have to stake a few scary paraitic vampiric politicians along the way... BUT It's time for an overhaul, and likely a recall.

Only time will tell. Either way I try to stay optimist and proactive.

CdT

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

You know what's really stupid about this entire shutdown situation? There's no point in blaming one side or the other, all parties lead to the same place and above the door it reads, "Abandon all hope ye who enter here." There are no winners if one side or the other capitulates, there will only be losers and a handful of cowering international bankers sitting in their deep places waiting for the dust to settle.

If and when SHTF, you might want to make sure you have nice glossy and clear pictures of all those politicians and international bankers, so we remember what caused this.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/12.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join