It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner prepares to let the US default

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Lets be honest, the Republicans and Democrats have been deficit spending for years and moving the goal posts, all of a sudden, it is an issue, yes you should not spend money you do not have but unfortunately in case anyone has not noticed the U.S. has been moving the goal posts and raising the debt ceiling for years, why is it now they decide to default and face the pain that they have been delaying much longer than we have had Obama in the White House.

Once we began printing money only backed on faith not real assets like gold, it became a blank check for the government, if you can print money that has no real asset or hard commodity backing it as an equivalent you can give someone if you cannot pay the bill you will never be bankrupt, think about it, wouldn't you all be happy to be able to print out legal tender whenever you were a little short on cash? and everyone thinks it is perfectly ok.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If we had to borrow money to pay our debts, wouldn't that mean we are already bankrupt?

Use that thing between your ears people.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

darkbake

@Eryiedes: Well, the smart thing to do would be to implement some kind of long-term solution that isn't going to immediately shock everyone

Fair enough but I would sooner have a practical solution that WILL work than a politically expediant one that MAY work.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

abecedarian
And the underlying principle is "BUDGET"... which, can anyone tell me when the last official government budget was passed?

Budget the money spent based upon the income. I have to do it, as I have limited resources... as does the government.

Borrowing isn't necessarily a bad thing but when one borrows too much it becomes impossible to repay the bills.

And here we are....

Let me tell you guys something here, and I don't mean this in a mocking way at all. It's just that what is happening right now in the US has all ready happened in Mexico many years ago.

Read this...

Fobaproa

In short the Mexican banks did the same thing the US banks did in 2008 just many years before and they took public money and bailed out the banks. This lead to the devaluation of the Mexican Peso which prior was 1 to 1 with the US dollar. Everyone, and I mean everyone, lost their shirts big time. This caused the immigration problem the US has today.

All the stories of Mexico's corrupt government you have ever heard are happening right now in your own government. So believe me what I tell you it is going to hurt bad...but life goes on...just not the same.

Now you asked about when the last budget was passed in the US. VERY GOOD QUESTION!

The answer again is in how Mexico passes it's "Budget". In short Mexico will forever be in Dept (because of FOBAPROA), just like now the US will forever be in dept (because of the bank bailouts) so what you guys used to know as an actual budget being passes is now the rising of the dept ceiling.

That is to say What Mexico calls a budget is actually rising of thier dept ceiling (because they will forever be in dept)

So now the US has to get it's people to accept this new way of life and passing of budgets (which is actually the rising of the dept ceiling) Because of the Bank bailouts.

But first you dollar needs to be devalued. Which is going to hurt, but life will go one.

To sum everything up, the US is doing Mexico devaluation of the Peso 101.

The Rat.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
They could very easily put moratoriums on certain imports.

Manufacture and produce right here in the U.S. just like not so long ago.

Stop the Middle-East oil importing, buy more from Canada and produce more here.
(it wouldn't take that much to suit our own needs)

Stop foreign imports on other goods and services and look at the jobs come back.

More tax income without raising rates and much less welfare.

Why should we keep making the foreign interests rich while we all keep going broke.

The average American owes NOTHING to the foreign interests.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee for once.

There's already enough tax revenues coming in anyway.

Don't listen to the bankers and nutty bought-off politicians. We all know they're psychopaths.

The Foreign Interests are Killing Us

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TucoTheRat

Thank you for writing the truth - hopefully, us citizens can understand this - especially the corrupt gov't part.

Let's do it now - because no one is going to fix it in our gov't - they are all too busy lining their own pockets and getting ready for their big escape.

Stop paying the banks - if we all do it - what is their recourse going to look like? Look at Detroit - Look at California - Look at innercity Chicago.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Manufacture and produce right here in the U.S. just like not so long ago.

Not profitable for those on the top calling the shots plus the amount of taxation would similarly be counterproductive to the elites bottom line.

Stop the Middle-East oil importing, buy more from Canada and produce more here.

This makes PERFECT sence...which is EXACTLY why it won't happen.

Stop foreign imports on other goods and services and look at the jobs come back.

Once more, it is far more profitable to ship those jobs overseas to pay lower wages and less tax.

More tax income without raising rates and much less welfare.

More taxation (violence against the people) has never and WILL never be a solution to these problems.

Why should we keep making the foreign interests rich while we all keep going broke.

Because thats the whole idea.

The average American owes NOTHING to the foreign interests.

I completely agree with you there but you can substitute "America" for any other country in the world and that statement would still be just as true.

Don't listen to the bankers and nutty bought-off politicians. We all know they're psychopaths.

Once more, I can find no flaw in your logic.

-Amitaba-

edit on 10-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You are dead on! someone pointed out Boehner knows he has the votes, but he is so afraid of the Tea Party that he is willing to go all the way to the Debt Limit decision to have to make the right choice than do it now when the real issue is Obamacare, but the Republicans are having a hard time making up other excuses why they do not want to fund the budget right now so Boehner is using a stalling technique to save himself from looking like he is going against the tea party by funding the budget.

It is all political posturing and guess what, like it or not, the Republicans and those they allowed to infiltrate their ranks, the tea party, aka the trojan horse bear the full blame for whatever happens going forward.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Happy1

Thank you for writing the truth - hopefully, us citizens can understand this - especially the corrupt gov't part.

Let's do it now - because no one is going to fix it in our gov't - they are all too busy lining their own pockets and getting ready for their big escape.

Stop paying the banks - if we all do it - what is their recourse going to look like? Look at Detroit - Look at California - Look at innercity Chicago.

I appreciate the kind words.

I'm going to put this as it is, plain and simple for you all.

You are all about to be absolutely and utterly robbed. Your dollar is going to crash so it can be devalued, so you can compete with developing countries as a work force.

Outsourcing will be a thing of the pass but Insourcing will turn your country into a sub-par manufacturing force like Chine with little or no regulations. Chinese PEOPLE will be shipped to factories in Detroit to cut down on shipping costs.

Now you Americans need to understand that the Mexican government is one of the most masterful and corrupt countries on the Planet but, BUT! they have set the country up in a way that people don't starve and getting a home is easy cheesy japanesee. That is to say The Mexican government dispite being corrupt thieves still have national pride and care enough for it's people to let them live poorly but happy and with a full stomachs and a roof over our head.

The US government on the other hand cares not one bit about your well being and the US with all it's laws and regulations, not to mention it's iron fist at enforcing them, cannot function the same way Mexico does.

This is not a republican Vs democrat thing, The only loyalty in the US is with your military, no one else, no organisation or politician gives a flying turd about you.

In short the US turning into another Mexico will not go as smoothly as Mexico turning to Mexico.

You guys don't have a backbone or a leg to stand on, you are all of different races and different creeds and you are way to lax in your protests. You guy can't agree on a damn thing and no matter what your government does to you you still believe their BS. You guys are like the other end of the North Korean coin, just as brainwashed and ignorant of the rest of the world.

I mean no offence but grow some balls and work directly with your States, screw the Fed gov, Your States are the key to your salvation. You need to toss have your laws and regulations in the trash and demand from your states reps the right to live, sell, and buy.

An underground economy is your only hope.

When your country goes Third world on you, you need to be able to live as a third world.

I say this with the best of intentions and with respect to the people of America.

The Rat.
edit on 10-10-2013 by TucoTheRat because: tax the fish

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

phinubian
Lets be honest, the Republicans and Democrats have been deficit spending for years and moving the goal posts, all of a sudden, it is an issue, yes you should not spend money you do not have but unfortunately in case anyone has not noticed the U.S. has been moving the goal posts and raising the debt ceiling for years, why is it now they decide to default and face the pain that they have been delaying much longer than we have had Obama in the White House.

Once we began printing money only backed on faith not real assets like gold, it became a blank check for the government, if you can print money that has no real asset or hard commodity backing it as an equivalent you can give someone if you cannot pay the bill you will never be bankrupt, think about it, wouldn't you all be happy to be able to print out legal tender whenever you were a little short on cash? and everyone thinks it is perfectly ok.

Simple when they pushed Obama care through without the republicans votes or input i knew right then this wasnt the last fight we see over this. At that moment the republicans swore this fight wasnt over and it had become an issue. Thats why now there issue is show the democrats they will negotiate or else and by the way everyone dont worry theyll back up the dead line again with partial funding soon they all ways do. This whole thing is just an attempt by republicans to reign in a president who refuses to negotiate anything.You saw it on the healthcare law and again you see it in this shut down Obama has a core belief get what ever you feel needs to be done no matter what. Admirable in business but government works on negotiation and not being willing to do so leads to stalemates.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If the gop wants to protect defense spending, avoid overtaxing corporate america and does NOT want to raise the debt limit... what does that leave?

Benefits and debt.

So, it's either not pay bills which will piss a lot of countries off... or choke off benefits.

Which one do you think it will chose first?

It AMAZES me how many of the older generation stick up for the gop, when the gop is the biggest threat to benefits right now because it has no plans to scale back military endeavors...so it balances that by making them feel safer by selling them war logic on the news. Time and time again, so many fall for it.

So let's see what kind of boat it would leave them in to put a huge dent on benefits. It doesn't really matter if votes are rigged but if we assume there is any fairness to our voter system and then they sincerely damage benefits, it's going to make a lot of people mad. People want their benefits since we have such a hard time dealing with inflation... and the people want healthcare, it does appear. They screwed up the agricultural system and the real estate market...so YES, many of us feel like we need help and the disabled and elderly are entitled to it.

Is it really a smart move to take a deep stab at things like SS? No. It isn't.

What does that leave?

Default on debt.

And it's why we are parading in the pacific flaunting our toys. There is no two ways about it.
edit on 4201331AM10AM57p00America/Chicago by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Greetings,

I said they would fold.
Here's your proof...

www.nationaljournal.com...

Didn't take em long did it?
Once a lying scumbag...always a lying scumbag.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

You people refuse to get it - The US is overwith - we've been sold down the river - by both dems and repubs - the only difference is in your own tiny minds, or you're just stupid.

We are going third world america here - they are going to steal everything you think you're entitled to away from you.

It's all gone.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Happy1

You people refuse to get it - The US is overwith - we've been sold down the river - by both dems and repubs - the only difference is in your own tiny minds, or you're just stupid.

We are going third world america here - they are going to steal everything you think you're entitled to away from you.

It's all gone.

That's the spirit! But never give up hope in yourself. Remember, don't let these rats make you think they own you. Be free, be kind, and live your lives!

A video from one of the greatest men currently in America! He has the right attitude!

The Rat.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Happy1

It's all gone.

Ummm... Your reply kinda suggests that you did not comprehend any part of what I said because I know the US is crashing. That is exactly what my post was about. My point is that war is not going to fix it (despite what some think) but that is what the gop wants. Obama has been along for the ride on part of that which is very discouraging... however, I think there are some even among them that see it isn't going to work and are second guessing the war plot and thinking about better foreign relations instead. We've sold ourselves too short by too much meddling. War isn't going to fix it... We are better off concentrating on good relations and not the military kind. If we scale back meddling, this will drastically cut the budget. Is that too hard to understand? Then, this would give an opportunity to shore up our own defenses, take care of our own people and make better future foreign deals so that we can still operate as our own free country.

If the gop leads us into large global war that we don't win.... you can kiss that freedom goodbye.

The one's who are most afraid of losing the big US status and are afraid of influence from other leaderships are the same ones willing to gamble it ALL. Throw the whole country on the table and put us all at risk. Genius. Real patriots there.

I'm not sure what is complicated about that... but I'm FULLY aware the US is spread too thin.

You can't see that in my post? Do you have a comprehension problem?

I have no idea what part of that you misunderstood.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Back on Topic !!,...

The US is worried, China is worried, and the UK is worried, to name a few.

But the bottom line is "Boner" wants three things before he votes to pass the budget,...

1 - Some Tax incentives or relief.
2 - Drop Obamacare
3 - The Canadian Pipeline.

Yes, there is a pipeline in our future within all this mess.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

You are correct, Tuco. How many Americans are really ready to live in a third world country? All of this political talk and everything, how many know what they are getting themselves into?

Many Americans I have met don't know much about being happy, and are entirely dependent on money and materialism. Look at all of the Republicans mocking the poor - yet they have a high potential to become poor themselves in less than a month or two.
edit on 10-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

smirkley
Back on Topic !!,...

The US is worried, China is worried, and the UK is worried, to name a few.

But the bottom line is "Boner" wants three things before he votes to pass the budget,...

1 - Some Tax incentives or relief.
2 - Drop Obamacare
3 - The Canadian Pipeline.

Yes, there is a pipeline in our future within all this mess.

Tax relief OR hikes are always geared to those who have a lot of money or corporations... mostly.
Lower class taxes are just a drop in the bucket. Tax relief will not do anything for budget cuts but they will use the excuse of job creation. So many are willing to buy that excuse because of all the bills that inflation and market cornering contribute to. There are other approaches to unemployment but he's a special interest kind of guy.

Dropping Obama care may cut it a tad, but it is technically a benefit cut and was designed to contribute to the cost, I believe. People need health care but whatever. People can just keep going to the ER and face things like never having their own home after getting even further behind from wage garnishment. That's IF they have a job.

As for the pipeline...again, another example of corporate gains lead by government permission. Yes, we need to keep commerce going (for now in the crazy hamster wheel) but at the same time, where is the incentive to get off oil dependency? Where is the incentive to promote local markets where traveling is reduced? Who are the greedy ones that contribute not only to their own wealth but also exploitation of cheap labor? Big corporate deals. Local markets be damned. Environment be damned. Green technology endeavors be damned.

So the message is get back in the cage, suck up your complaints, get back on your gas powered wheel and drive across town to look for a crappy job controlled by corporate america as we continue to contribute to inflation so many in America can't pay their rent.... and I will repeat RENT, because it's an important kink in the chain.

Here's my point once again. The government spends as much on defense as it does SS. The majority going straight to the pentagon. Since interest on debt is a much smaller amount, there's no reason to invite a default because one does not get their way. Washington is not going to stop paying itself. They are just arguing about what limb to amputate and it's not going to do anything about the underlying disease. It's just going to disable the whole body more and more in one way or another.

Nothing they do helps inflation, the environment, unemployment, or the issue of poverty in the long run.

They should stop meddling, work on THIS country, contribute to cheaper, green renewable energy and stop contributing to inflation by setting up more hoops to jump through. All they know how to do is set up hoops... and apparently, drink.

And since they won't do anything that is good for this country in the long run... they should all be fired.

They are the biggest parasite in the whole system. They are the biggest problem in the whole system. They are the most energy consuming wheel spinning freely on the machine that never even touches the ground. They get us nowhere.

And this is why if America was taken over... why should I care? It's already run by criminal parasites.
If a country like China were to take over the US, it could spend less time on security and having to play a corrupt game of ball with the west. They would be in a position to give the boot to the parasitic elite... the question is would they? What would they have left to fight if Asia was no longer cornered by us? How much larger would militaries need to get without constant threat of ww3? A more globally inclusive system is not necessarily bad, only if it is held by corruption. It's already held by corruption. It's already under the control of the world bank... almost...and it's just a matter of time.

So what difference does it make? A lot to some due to pack mentality and this false sense of patriotism... plus the fear of what another country might do to us, which is why yhey need to quit hem hawing around this and reckon with the people on their individual visions for planet earth.... but we either get lies... or we get soft whispers.
What opposes the US economy is a stealth game... and many will distrust a stealth game, but here's the thing... it's working. Greedy corporations could not stop themselves from exploiting cheap labor and over complicating what has become a wasteful system. Why?... because they had the freedom to be greedy.

THEY made the hoops. THEY complicated this. Now we have a machine that runs tankloads of fuel to get just an inch while most is used to toot the horn... as if a fuel powered horn even makes sense.

If we owe something to another country and cannot pay them, give them something for collateral.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, it's not going to be the end of the world. Make a sacrifice.
They might deserve it just as the people of the US might deserve their benefits because we have all been living under the lie. There is no good faith in the ways of the war mongers. None. they are a godless lot that thinks no one sees their lies.

In the end, it doesn't matter what any of us want or what we think should happen.
The greedy have screwed up. The upper class and their money making schemes of controlling everything have screwed up. They can't undo it. They can only face it in earnest if they truly want to fix it. They can't even admit it. They WON'T admit it. All they can do is keep trying to cover it up and that is exactly what they are doing in the hopes that one day they will be able to completely eliminate the opposition to the western economy.

They apparently have no problems selling their souls by perpetuating the lie.

If Obama wanted to prove that he was not in line with the corporate plot, he shouldn't make compromises on what is right. Some of his moves I agree with, but the message is not getting through that needs to get through... which is the cold hard truth. I'm sure the changes are like pushing against a brick wall, but where we need to put the fuel is under the change. The republicans only make it worse.

A fire has been lit to enlighten the world, but it's going to get snuffed out by ignorance and arrogance.
edit on 4201331AM10AM37p31America/Chicago by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
They should totally default!!!

Then just take every persons money, reinstitute a new currency so you're current one will be worthless. And so you'll be left pennyless. That's what they should do

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

NotAnAspie

Happy1

It's all gone.

Ummm... Your reply kinda suggests that you did not comprehend any part of what I said because I know the US is crashing. That is exactly what my post was about. My point is that war is not going to fix it (despite what some think) but that is what the gop wants. Obama has been along for the ride on part of that which is very discouraging... however, I think there are some even among them that see it isn't going to work and are second guessing the war plot and thinking about better foreign relations instead. We've sold ourselves too short by too much meddling. War isn't going to fix it... We are better off concentrating on good relations and not the military kind. If we scale back meddling, this will drastically cut the budget. Is that too hard to understand? Then, this would give an opportunity to shore up our own defenses, take care of our own people and make better future foreign deals so that we can still operate as our own free country.

If the gop leads us into large global war that we don't win.... you can kiss that freedom goodbye.

The one's who are most afraid of losing the big US status and are afraid of influence from other leaderships are the same ones willing to gamble it ALL. Throw the whole country on the table and put us all at risk. Genius. Real patriots there.

I'm not sure what is complicated about that... but I'm FULLY aware the US is spread too thin.

You can't see that in my post? Do you have a comprehension problem?

I have no idea what part of that you misunderstood.

I couldn't see it through the fog of your speculation and pure opinion. Please, continue to spread your "ideas" like butter on the doom porn sandwich you seem so eager to make. Oh.. and dont forget to belittle those of us who dont agree with you... that would be careless.. almost as careless as the entitlements and rampant spending Obama has passed to get us where we are today.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join