It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP gets 28% Gallop Approval Rating..Wosrt ever recorded.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Evil_Santa
reply to post by neo96

Oh, so you don't drive on the interstate because the government screwed them up so badly? How do you get around?

Have anything of substance?

Hell we can talk about interstates like Hawaii has them although I am missing the 'interstate' part since it is a chain of islands.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Im so sick of how many people really believe Obama, a

I agree, and so does the current potus er well that was before he was against it til he was for it.

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

www.nationalreview.com...

Hrmmm.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Evil_Santa

Oh, so you don't drive on the interstate because the government screwed them up so badly? How do you get around?

Actually, our current National infrastructure is rated a D-.

Obama could have easily put people back to work, fixing it. Hes had years to come up with a comprehensive plan to fix many things. All hes done though is given Americans another burden of a tax called Affordable Health Care.

You dont need a poll to see hes a failure of a President.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Hey, a new poll was just released. The results are in...

99% say my poll is bigger than your poll

Www.jokesonyou.org

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

neo96

Evil_Santa
reply to post by neo96

Have anything of substance?

Hell we can talk about interstates like Hawaii has them although I am missing the 'interstate' part since it is a chain of islands.

Turn that question of substance back around on yourself Neo.

You're the one making the claim that the government never does anything right. If that were the case then the interstate system would be so terrible that people couldn't drive on it. Either people can drive on the interstate system or they can't. If they can then the government got it right, and if they can't then the government didn't get it right.

Which is it, can people use the interstate, or was it a series of roads built that no one uses because it was so terribly mismanaged by the government?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Polarization of this President is another Gallup beauty.

Hes done nothing to change that either, unless you take him being the best one at it to heart.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

sonnny1

Evil_Santa

Obama could have easily put people back to work, fixing it. Hes had years to come up with a comprehensive plan to fix many things. All hes done though is given Americans another burden of a tax called Affordable Health Care.

That's funny, i saw signs all over colorado around road construction that said "Paid for by the Put Americans Back to Work Act" or one of the initiatives passed in 2009/2010 on the interstate system.

Maybe they were just blank orange signs, and my brain was playing tricks on me.

And infrastructure doesn't just mean interstate.

Hasn't the GOP spent the last 3 years blocking everything that Obama and the Dems have tried to accomplish. Yup. It's funny how you can blame him for all these issues, when the writing is shown in how these issues are voted on in the house/senate.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

That's from 3 years ago. What's happened in congress over the last 3 years and still is happening today.

Yup it's Obama's fault. DERP. You guys are so shameless it's pathetic, and to be blunt - at this point - i hope that the US erupts in flames and burns into a 3rd world nation over the next 5 years, with 50% of the population dieing off due to the chaos that ensues. Hit the ******* reset button and let the civil war begin. It's time to trim the fat on humanity.
edit on 10-10-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

What part of the credit downgrades,17 trillion dollars in debt, half of this country having zero tax liabilties, and half of it working part time, the epic failure of the education system in this country has become, and no prospects for the near future.

With the only thing two people wanting to talk about is how effing great the current administration, and the us government is, and 'interstates'.

I really have better things to do with my time that listen to that tripe.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Evil_Santa

neo96
reply to post by MrSpad

The interstate system.
Second line.

Speaking of that, how is that shovel ready program working out?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Hes done nothing to change that either, unless you take him being the best one at it to heart.

I watched the news for a decade with Bush, and I can't remember him ever sinking to the absolute low Obama has, and the current mainstream Obama cheerleaders labeled GWB as 'polarizing'.

Obama wins hands down.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Evil_Santa

The rating is a D for roads.

Forty-two percent of America’s major urban highways remain congested, costing the economy an estimated $101 billion in wasted time and fuel annually. While the conditions have improved in the near term, and Federal, state, and local capital investments increased to $91 billion annually, that level of investment is insufficient and still projected to result in a decline in conditions and performance in the long term. Currently, the Federal Highway Administration estimates that $170 billion in capital investment would be needed on an annual basis to significantly improve conditions and performance.

infrastructurereportcard

See? INFRASTRUCTURE report card.

The American Society of Civil Engineers is committed to protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public, and as such, is equally committed to improving the nation’s public infrastructure. To achieve that goal, the Report Card depicts the condition and performance of the nation’s infrastructure in the familiar form of a school report card—assigning letter grades that are based on physical condition and needed fiscal investments for improvement.

edit on 10-10-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Already hit on it. I've seen the work done myself that was paid for by the US Gov. Then again, the GOP has blocked how many jobs related bills in the last 3 years?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

That's funny, i saw signs all over colorado around road construction that said "Paid for by the Put Americans Back to Work Act" or one of the initiatives passed in 2009/2010 on the interstate system.

Interesting.

Was there anybody actually *Working* ?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Evil_Santa

sonnny1

Evil_Santa

Maybe they were just blank orange signs, and my brain was playing tricks on me.

They are not fixing the roads up they are only patching it up huge difference, I had spent 15 years in the engineering dept for the Illinois dept of transportation and we just called it busy work it was a good paying joke we looked busy but just filled holes and never fixed the real problems but that's the way they wanted it.

Why do you think there is construction in the same spots year after year.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

xuenchen

Interesting.

Was there anybody actually *Working* ?

Yeah.

Solyndra workers......

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Forty-two percent of America’s major urban highways remain congested, c

That says it right there major urban highways that is heavily democratic.

Hell infrastructure is not even there idea really they stole the idea from China.

Empty cities, roads etc just spend money doesn't matter if we have it or not, or there is any commerce/business to replace and sustain that spending.

We have argued over this before, but that is local, and state issues. Between lotteries,property taxes,toll road taxes the local and state 'communities' need to take care of their own business.

Instead of robbing us to give to other heavy densely populated areas, that is nothing but another union bailout.

Since pretty much all construction jobs in this country are unionized.

There is a thread on here about a town who outsourced to private companies who do that work, where it is cheaper, and gets done quicker.

That just to blow billions of dollars, and take decades to complete then do it all over agian.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Evil_Santa
reply to post by thesaneone

Already hit on it. I've seen the work done myself that was paid for by the US Gov. Then again, the GOP has blocked how many jobs related bills in the last 3 years?

So the government spends 800 billion dollars and all we get for it is GD road sign ?

And some people think that is 'government doing things right '.

What a joke,.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Agree.

I think if Obama did try to fix our infrastructure, the bill would have been back loaded with "Union" first clauses and "penalties" for not having union workers.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Evil_Santa

Not to derail the thread, but i found that sign.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

neo96

sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

I watched the news for a decade with Bush, and I can't remember him ever sinking to the absolute low Obama has, and the current mainstream Obama cheerleaders labeled GWB as 'polarizing'.

Obama wins hands down.

This has been building since the Bush years and has snowballed over the last 5 years that Obama has been in office. It's something that's been pushed by the overuse of propaganda on BOTH SIDES. You want to talk about reality? Today American's are subjected to more real-time programming and content then ever before, and that amount will keep increasing at an exponential rate as has shown through Ray Kurzweil's law of accelerating returns.

Protip: BRAINWSHED PUBLIC!!!! (Remember that comment i made to you earlier about social engineering...)

95% of people are sheep. That is a statistic that has been proven time and time again throughout sociology experiements, and well.. look at what happened to Germany in the 1930's. Leaders have ALWAYS (as far back as the days of the Egyptians) looked for ways to manipulate the public to gain control of public.

The US can't be fixed at this point. It will default in another week, and everything will landslide from there. Thankfully i'm about an 8 hour drive from Canada and have my passport already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join