It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP gets 28% Gallop Approval Rating..Wosrt ever recorded.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Only 28 percent have a favorable view of the GOP, the worst rating Gallup has ever registered for a political party.

It's also a 10 percent plunge from Gallup's last poll in September, when 38 percent had a favorable view of Republicans.

A strong majority, 62 percent, have a negative view of the GOP, according to the survey.

Only 43 percent said they have a favorable view of the Democratic Party, but that’s 15-percentage points better than the GOP, and slightly better than the Democratic low mark of 41 percent in 2010.

A plurality, 49 percent, said they have a negative view of the Democratic Party.

Gallup has been conducing the survey since 1992. Its previous low ranking of 31 percent was logged by Republicans at the end of the George W. Bush administration.

thehill.com...

After reading this, I only have one question. Why so high? The American people KNOW that the GOP are the ones that are responsible for this unnecessary shutdown of the U.S Government and it seems that it's coming back to bite them in the rear end. Unfortunately for the country all of the gerrymandering has made it extremely difficult to kick these bozos out of the House of Representatives.

Thank god the senate still has some sanity left in it and has not been completely taken over by Tea Party wingnuts, the same wingnuts that are holding this nation hostage.

The article also goes on to say that only 43% view the Democrats favorably.

This country needs a better left wing party than the Democrats, so I agree with the 43% figure.

edit on 10/9/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

muse7
After reading this, I only have one question. Why so high?

I thought the same when they showed Obama's.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Here a poll, there a poll, everywhere a poll poll.

Can we poll-eeze agree the House, Senate and WH are cancerous?

Poll.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yup, good ole polls...made to be skewed to the favor of the poller.

Saw Obama's is about as low today also.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This shows for sure how MSM has a hold on Americans having the ability to form an informed decision.

(post by Metallicus removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The problem is that Democrat liberals want to ride out the fake economy and conservative republicans want to fix the economy. The conservatives actually have a historical proven plan that they are trying to implement but it still has flaws because our Economy is so far off tilt. It seems that no thinking on the part of congress in the past created this mess, they were led to believe a lie. We'll see what happens, the liberal path will just shuffle the ever increasing collapse into the near future. I feel it is actually a little late for this to happen now. In order for this country to recover there will be a huge mess.

I could be wrong. I kind of hope I am actually, I will lose a lot if this economy collapses. I guess it is just a wait and see time to find what happens and who seizes power. I am thinking the banks and lawyers will take over, we will need to deal with this takeover if it is attempted.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Oh yay, buying more into divide and conquer.

reply to post by six67seven

Exactly and how it should be.

As for example, in the current AP poll about "Who people blame for the shutdown": likely it started that way, of blaming both sides of the same coin, but was swayed in favor by "liberal media" to benefit and appease "moon bats" and place blame, anger "wing nuts".

Can pick and choose to believe in any polls especially ones that fit agenda.

Poll Shows That Americans Blame Obama and BOTH parties For Shutdown

AP spins it’s own findings to favor White House

continued...
The poll finds that Fifty-two percent of Americans believe Obama is not doing enough to cooperate with Republicans to end the shutdown. It also reveals that 49% blame Obama, with 49% ALSO blaming congressional Democrats for the shutdown.

The poll also places Obama’s approval rating at just 37%, with 53% unhappy with his performance.

Source

edit on 9-10-2013 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

rickymouse
I am thinking the banks and lawyers will take over, we will need to deal with this takeover if it is attempted.

Say what, the banks took over thousands of years ago. (100 years ago in this washed-up nation)

It doesn't take long for a people to go belly up once the banksters slither their way in.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Metallicus
reply to post by muse7

Thank god the senate still has some sanity left in it and has not been completely taken over by Tea Party wingnuts, the same wingnuts that are holding this nation hostage.

Those 'wingnuts' are representing their constituency and the majority of the people of this country that want a repeal of Obamacare.

How much do you get paid to shill for this administration, Muse?

If people did not want Obamacare they should have not voted for Obama again who ran it as the primary part of his campaign. The real fear for the GOP is it works. Only the nut bags think it is the end of the world.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yeah let's talk about polls shall we ?

Gop blah blah blah we know they are 'evil'

So what is Obama's excuse for 37% ?

That is on par with GWB.

Or overall congressional approval at 8% ?

This is just too good to not post:

It's no surprise these days that Congress isn't very popular, but a new poll says voters have a higher opinion of witches, hemorrhoids and jury duty than their lawmakers in Washington.

Voters say they have a higher opinion of hemorrhoids than Congress, by 53% to 31%. More than seven in 10 voters say they view jury duty more favorably than Congress, which musters only 18% support in that comparison. Even toenail fungus rates 3 percentage points higher Congres

Overall, voters in PPP's telephone poll gave Congress an 8% approval rating. Nearly nine in 10 voters, or 86%, say they disapprove of Congress — which is in line with a recent CNN survey.

www.usatoday.com...

Think they are only talking about the GOP there ?

This thread is just too damn funny.
edit on 9-10-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

If people did not want Obamacare they should have not voted for Obama again who ran it as the primary part of his campaign. The real fear for the GOP is it works. Only the nut bags think it is the end of the world.

Tell me how many democrats would stand for right wingers forcing the people to buy a corporate product?

Name one thing the GD US Federal government has done right?

That didn't turn out to be a cluster EFF that screws us over.

No one can.

The only 'nut bags' I have seen is those who do nothing but carry the current administration's water.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Before the OP gets to peppered up about the Republican drop in the polls it would be fair and balanced to see that the latest AP poll has Obama at 37% and the Dems in Congress handling of the budget deficit at 23%.

I say for the next couple of elections the theme will be a pox on all incumbents houses. Get ready to lose the Senate Mr D.

Latest AP poll

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Come now Muse.

Congresses approval rating has been in the single digits, and teens. They are ALL to blame.

Obama?
"The Buck stops here"

That's what everyone needs to know. People who bought into the "free" healthcare have sticker shock now.

And the only ones laughing are the insurance companies and their common stocks up by 200%-300%.

Hows that for accuracy.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by MrSpad

The only 'nut bags' I have seen is those who do nothing but carry the current administration's water.

Those aren't nutbags, they prefer to be called 'progressives'

I kid, I kid.... They're nutbags

Abe Lincoln approves this message

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by MrSpad

Tell me how many democrats would stand for right wingers forcing the people to buy a corporate product?

Name one thing the GD US Federal government has done right?

That didn't turn out to be a cluster EFF that screws us over.

No one can.

The interstate system.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Excuse me the current party holding 2/3's of government power has progressively ran this country in to the ground for decades.

And manfuacture feigned outrage how it is never their fault always that evil GOPs.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

The interstate system.

Is that right?

The bridges to nowhere, and knowing that I paid for a half a billion dollar high school in california, and I don't even LIVE THERE,

There is not a single person that can say government has done anything right.

www.huffingtonpost.com...=Robert_F_Kennedy

Our tax dollars at work that is what 'infrastructure' spending looks like,.

edit on 10-10-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh, so you don't drive on the interstate because the government screwed them up so badly? How do you get around?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

neo96

Aint that the damn truth.

Im so sick of how many people really believe Obama, and this Administration have done nothing wrong. The media, his voters picking up his torch, as it keeps falling to the ground lie after lie, failure after failure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join