Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Rand Paul Hot Mic

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Anyone seen this little ditty? I did a search and did not find this. It's a few days old, I'd have thought it'd be here already.

Just goes to show, it all a show!

edit on 9-10-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Greetings,

I am not saying Ron Paul is ideal...but as far as Rand is concerned, the apple has fallen so far from the tree it could be said he's not even the same kind of fruit anymore.
Rand is a bonafide sell out.
He only cares about securing his place at the trough.
End of story.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I agree with you.

The day he backed Romney over his dad opened my eyes to the guy.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I do not like Rand Paul. I do not like him...Sam I am.

All politicians are bimbos but there are many people who associate this guy with his dad for some reason. They are very different.

Either way I always enjoy these types of videos for entertainment purposes. Anyone who still watches political anything is wasting their time if they are taking any of it seriously. America would be far better off if everyone shut off their T.V.s and instead read in depth all the bills and past bills that have been passed.
edit on 9-10-2013 by OrphanApology because: s

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

SunnyDee
reply to post by Eryiedes

I agree with you.

The day he backed Romney over his dad opened my eyes to the guy.

Same thoughts happened here regarding Rand.

It is curious that this clip is almost a week old and hasn't been posted here. There was a brief mention of it on the local news here and I thought it would have been up on ATS within minutes of hitting the internet, and made a mental note to catch it then.

I'm sure the usual suspects will avoid this thread, because this is pretty much McConnell and Paul talking propaganda techniques, and phrases, on a hot mic.
edit on 10-10-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
These ron and rand paul are only interested in their own spot lights. Wake all politicians are the same.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Very strange. Watch it a few times over, and you might get the thought that this was actually staged. In fact neither are very convincing actors....

Mitch Bohemian Grove McConnell = stiff actor
Rand Paul = His usual self, no surprise there, in fact he puts emphasis on his stage persona to an effect that it looks faked.

Just my 2 cents--- if one were to analyse the words used during this "hot mic" it actually attempts to put Republicans in a positive light.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I think the funniest part is that due to the language used "I keep repeatin'" and "we're gunna win this" --- it actually backfired on them. People only heard that, instead of the whole of the conversation.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm not sure what each person might think of this. I listened to it a couple of times and they really didn't say anything bad, but their words show that they play games for the media to get what they want.

And that they do a lot of polling to decide how they will approach each issue. Sad. If they would just tally up the opinions in their in-boxes, that might be the honest way to face each issue.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

SunnyDee

I'm not sure what each person might think of this. I listened to it a couple of times and they really didn't say anything bad, but their words show that they play games for the media to get what they want.

And that they do a lot of polling to decide how they will approach each issue. Sad. If they would just tally up the opinions in their in-boxes, that might be the honest way to face each issue.

They're discussing how certain words/phrases affect the general public and the response those phrases illicit to determine what talking points need to be pushed to get the response they want. Marketing 101.

The reason why the word propaganda is no longer used to describe this, in common language, is because Joseph Goebbeles and the Nazis ruined the word propaganda. It was rebranded as "Public Relations" and more recently "Social Engineering".

You can say the same thing 100 different ways, and each way will have a different way that it affects a person internally and emotionally. Hence why they're discussing which phrase to keep repeating. Which phrase will illicit the response from the public they're attempting to achieve...

It takes repeating something 8 times in 1 minute for it to become embedded in your memory. This is how most pop music (ear worms) are built as well.

new topics

top topics

join