It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America and its last free breath. A Rant by the Kid.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Since I have not seen you mention the degradation of Americans' right to keep and bear arms as well as the ongoing genocide in Tibet, would I be correct in assuming that you're condoning both of those?

Well, if I had been asked about my opinion on those subjects, I would have replied to them. I will go ahead and do that now. I believe in the right to bear arms. However, I dont think a person has a reason to own an AK47. I also dont see any reason to own more than two or three guns.
As far as the Tebetin tragedy, well, its just that, same as Africa. A terrible event that should be addressed by our president. He HAS been asked about Africa, and has danced around the answer. That is why I said he condones these acts.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The Patriot Act is not tyranny. I don't see an absolute ruler enforcing his absolute power. Bush is not an absulute ruler, nor is he a dictator; therefore, he is not tyrannical. So how many of our rights have we really given up for the patriot act? Have you noticed anything different in your life? Do you see people being picked up randomly in the streets and being thrown into prison? No. If you want to get into the nitty-gritty, and say that some of our privacy being invaded is a loss of rights then there were many more tyrannical leaders than Bush.

Before I make a wrong assumption and sound like a jack-ass, is it correct for me to assume that you believe Bush not doing anything about the situation in Africa is reason to believe he condones it?

[Edited on 17-11-2004 by Herman]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
I don't see an absolute ruler enforcing his absolute power. Bush is not an absulute ruler, nor is he a dictator; therefore, he is not tyrannical.

I said the patriot act was tyranny enacted lawfully. See the Definition.
I said Bush was beginning to reminf me of Hitler for reasons which I have already explained.

Before I make a wrong assumption and sound like a jack-ass, is it correct for me to assume that you believe Bush not doing anything about the situation in Africa is reason to believe he condones it?

Nope. Its because he has been asked and he refuses to acknowledge that its going on.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Seekerof
I would recommend taking either a course or doing some research into the Vietnam War...all 25 years of American involvement. The political and national valitility within the US is very much simular.

Too bad our current leader didn�t didn�t take that course and learn a few lessons from it. Can�t really blame him for weaselling out of the nightmare, but still, he could have at least picked up a book or 2 on it. Here we are 30 years later about to do it all over again. Way t� go, George.

Damned
I remember the way things were when I was young, and I see how much the country has changed. Although the changes were gradual, they're still obvious. I'm simply dumbfounded that so many don't see what's happened and what continues to happen. Very sad, indeed.

I couldn�t agree more. The atmosphere in this country these days is repressive. There seems to be a mass paranoia/fear pervading everything. Our nation has become hateful of the rest of the world, and the rest of the world feels the same way about us. And I get so sick of people saying, �Who cares what the rest of the world thinks of us?�. That�s such a small-minded, limited vision of things. What�s wrong with us? Our foolish, inexplicable arrogance will defeat us one day in the end.

Things have most definitely changed in this country, the way the government functions and the mentality of it�s people. And if you can�t see it, then take off the blinders. The rest of the world sees it. Are they all wrong, too? I cannot think of one single positive thing this country has accomplished in the last 4 years. NOT ONE. I can sure come up with a whopper of a list of negative things, though.

It�s strange to me that Americans are so eager and willing to support the Goon at the Top as he pours billions of our hard-earned dollars into the occupation of Iraq. It�s mass-insanity. With the nofly zones established, we controlled more land mass in Iraq before the invasion began than we do now. Is this what we Americans are so proud of? What a strange thing to be proud of. Where is George�s head at? Is he so delusional as to think he�s actually accomplishing something worthwhile? The man�s a walking disaster.

In my entire life, I�ve yet to know of a President that was more negative and divisive as George W. Bush. What�s worse, he seems to be proud of his disgusting character flaws.

In the first place, he intentionally ticks people off by flaunting things he knows will anger them. He should take his religion and shove it. He knows he divides the nation a little more each time he preaches his gospel gibberish from the podium. I don�t know about you, but when I went to the voting booth, I didn�t see God on the ballet.

Also, I don�t want a leader who admittedly does things because God directs him to. If I wanted that, I would have written in OBL when I voted.

Secondly, any idiot knows that it�s inappropriate to try to place controls on the contract of marriage by making it a Constitutional Amendment. What�s this guy thinking? I�ll bet he�s never even read the Constitution. What a buffoon!

Thirdly, doesn�t anyone care that ol� Georgie Boy lied through his teeth to every person on this planet when he stood up and described the impending mushroom clouds if we didn�t hastily act on that tyrrant in Iraq? Remember that? Doesn�t anyone understand how dangerous this thug is?

Fourth, has anyone noticed we�re running out of money? Does anyone care?

Fifth, Bush controls his flock using the politics of fear. He never misses an opportunity to tell his audience that America is �hated� because the �enemy hates our freedoms and way of life�. This man (term used loosely) is an expert at creating an atmosphere of fear and doom and paranoia. He has no vision; only scare tactics. He has no interest in joining the world community. He can�t think globally. His little head just can�t hold it all. He figures as long as he keeps us scared, then he can control us. Unfortunately, I have to give him that one.

Finally, although certainly not lastly, his choice of cabinet members for the new term is outrageous and very telling. He obviously doesn�t want anyone around who might disagree with him. Can�t have that. IMHO he wants noone around who would challenge him on the issues because he knows good and well he�s not mentally equipped to deal with it. And that spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

My last comment is, you don�t have to be prepared to debate the details of every issue facing this nation to know that things have changed in a bad way during the Bush years. Just stick your finger up; it�s in the wind �

[edit on 11/18/2004 by netbound]

[edit on 11/18/2004 by netbound]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Hitler attempted to take over every country, keeping them for himself. Bush invaded Iraq, and has "Handed it over" the government. It's not completely donel yet, but they're holding elections in January.

What use has Bush got for the country? He, like his father, has demonstrated his contempt of the arab people enough times. Its the oil that he has plans for.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by General Zapata]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Netbound, you hit it right on the head with this one

Finally, although certainly not lastly, his choice of cabinet members for the new term is outrageous and very telling. He obviously doesn�t want anyone around who might disagree with him. Can�t have that. IMHO he wants noone around who would challenge him on the issues because he knows good and well he�s not mentally equipped to deal with it. And that spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

If no-one can dissagree with him, he has absolute power. What was the definition of a tyrannical leader?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
No dissent in the Bush administration. That's the biggest red flag in the world.

Ya gotta love the fact that Gonzales, author of the torture memo, has been nominated to be Attorney General. The Patriot Act in those hands is definitely a document that will be used for tyrranical purposes.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If Bush relenquishes the presidency in 2008, do you guys/gals think the next president will be able to fix all the mistakes Bush has mad and is continuing to make? Can the patriot act be repealed? Can Americas place in the global economy be realized to its full potential once agian? or has Bush ruined everything so completly that we will never recover?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
If Bush relenquishes the presidency in 2008, do you guys/gals think the next president will be able to fix all the mistakes Bush has mad and is continuing to make? Can the patriot act be repealed? Can Americas place in the global economy be realized to its full potential once agian? or has Bush ruined everything so completly that we will never recover?

I dont think so, because Bush is just a front man. Its the forces behind the scenes that need to be purged, and they will still be there when Bush goes. The Neocon hardliners will just find another front man in which to manifest themselves. Just as Reagan was used by the Neocons.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Paul,

You have a point, but the forces behind the scenes are some of what I was talking about. After Bush is gone (hopefully), his handlers will have to pick someone new from the neocon list to represent them. If we the people choose not to elect this person, the noecon handlers will have lost half of thier grasp on society. Big money still holds sway here in America so Im a little skeptical that the neocons will let this go without a fight.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hear you Kidfinger. Lets hope then that in 2008 your people choose wisely, and the neocon stranglehold will be broken, or at least loosened. I'm pretty sure they'd put up a fight, a dirty one at that - like they did with Bill Clinton.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
We have crossed the rubicon, as the saying goes. Once you let the genie out of the bottle, there's no putting back in. The shadow masters are now fully in control. We're living within a massive mirage of national wellness. Its now just a matter of time before (a) our economy collapses (b) open rebellion & chaos breaks out (c) another massive terror attack occurs and (d) martial law is enacted.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I said the patriot act was tyranny enacted lawfully. See the Definition.
I said Bush was beginning to reminf me of Hitler for reasons which I have already explained.

Being enacted lawfully does not change the definition of tyranny. The Patriot Act is simply not tyranny. I've already explained this. It's now turned into a semantical argument.

Nope. Its because he has been asked and he refuses to acknowledge that its going on.

He's acknowledged it. He's involved in other things right now. You can't expect him to solve all the world's problems.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
It doesn't take a genius to figure this fraud out. Simply go to Member Center and search for EastCoastKid and you will see thatEastCoastKid stopped posting on 10/30 and KidFinger started posting on 11/16. So unless you stole EastCoastKid's computer you are EastCoastKid

Your style is so unmistakeable I knew this had to be you (EastCoastKid) So I just did a little research and WALA.

Congratulations! You just earned the John Kerry "Flip Flop" award!

Go ahead and change your name again, try to confuse us a little this time though and get the Kid out of your name. That might work a little better.

This is pretty damn funny, since ECK is posting in this thread. Honestly, I've never seen him stop posting. I've been following his posts for quite some time, and there's not really much similarity in their styles, IMO.

Man, I feel sorry for you. Not only are you completely ignorant of what's happened in the 2000 election, you have no clue what's happening now.

Originally posted by Carseller4
Maybe I am crazy, but when you enter EastCoastKid under a member search and list all posts by EastCoastKid, Kidfinger's posts are listed.

That's most likely just because the search here sucks, and "kid" is in both user names.

Explain this to me. How is it tyranny? The Patriot Act is a little unfair, but it's by no means tyranny.

While it may not be tyranny, yet, it certainly is lying the ground rules for tyranny. Our rights aren't stolen all at once. They've been gradually and systematically stolen for years. Gradual changes are more readily accepted. Everyone knows you can't just announce martial law, without people rebelling. The trick is to make them think they're supporting martial law. That way people still feel like they're free. Manipulation is what politics are all about. A more accurate description would probably be: The art of manipulating people and making them think they're actually acting on their own free will.

If Bush relenquishes the presidency in 2008, do you guys/gals think the next president will be able to fix all the mistakes Bush has mad and is continuing to make?

He has no choice but to stand down in 2008, unless he wants to make it really obvious what's going on. Most likely, a new Bush family controlled presidential puppet will just be installed. Remember, the president isn't all that important. It's who's behind the president that controls the show. Dubya is just the actor in charge....just a front man.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I dunno, I really think some of the people on this forum really need to get out and see whats really going on.

Comparing Bush to Hitler, stolen elections, Bush condoning genocides, etc.

You guys could definantly get jobs working for the media

Is all this ranting just because Bush won the election?

Did you actually believe for one minute that Kerry could win this election?

How did hate become such a mainstream liberal ideal? Until you people figure out that this is what you're doing wrong, the liberal party will be defeated over and over again.

If your thoughts and ideals reflect your liberal brothers and sisters ideals then that soilidifies my feelings that I made the right decision on election day.

Maybe the good news of the debunked Democratic party will be that the libertarians will now get their foot in the door. I can only hope the Libertarians pick a good nominee in '08. One not quite as extreme as they had this year.

Bush is Hitler? geeez

[edit on 21-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yes, you are indeed lost.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
Yes, you are indeed lost.

I dont think he/she could find thier way back with a map a flash light and a GPS system.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Is all this ranting just because Bush won the election?

No Sailor - all this ranting is because our beloved country is being stripped before our eyes - its checks and balances are gone, our Constitutional and Civil Rights are going, voting has become a meaningless excercise of corporate proxy - and our dear democracy is being destroyed.

That's what all the fuss and ranting is about. Bush is just a puppet - a gear in a big machine. Few people here give him as much credit as you seem to do.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
That's what all the fuss and ranting is about. Bush is just a puppet - a gear in a big machine. Few people here give him as much credit as you seem to do.

If the patriot act 2 is passed, we wont even be allowed to give credit where its due. Of course, some American citizens are wuite content to give up thier freedoms for security, or rather a false sense of security.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well well well.........

People being arrested under the patriot act, and are ADMITTEDLY NOT terorist. I wonder how many times this has happened that we dont know about?

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread109365/pg1'

Can we dive any farther into our own misery? I can see it now. Eventually, the department of Homeland Security will end up having its own 'police' force. They might be called the HSS. They will keep an eye on the population and make sure all dissinters are quickly dealt with. I can see people disappearing in the middle of the night because of something they said during the previous day.

Our government is embracing the morals of the old Communist Russia, and the German Nazi war machine. They falsify reports, spread disinformation through media, and generally try to steer the population on a road that they see fit.

SEIG HIEL! SEIG HIEL!

Its comming................

[edit on 1/5/05 by Kidfinger]

[edit on 1/5/05 by Kidfinger]

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join