It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bet He Wishes He Hadn’t Said That…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
On March 16, 2006 Senator Barak Obama said this about raising the debt ceiling:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a Sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. …Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally.

DailySheeple

So after adding $7 Trillion of "reckless fiscal policies" during his Presidency, he blames the republicans for not raising the debt limit again! Maybe if he stops funding terrorists, disbands DHS, scraps ACA, scraps the NSA, and stops looking for wars to start, the debt limit would not need to be raised!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
He said something the other day that was like this, "Raising the debt ceiling will not increase the national debt."
I think he's a moron.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Mikeultra
He said something the other day that was like this, "Raising the debt ceiling will not increase the national debt."
I think he's a moron.

It doesn't, if you are going to argue semantics.

www.washingtonpost.com...

You could raise the ceiling, then cap spending and reduce the deficit. Although I don't see any politicians offering up this solution, do you?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
He's been known to talk it up on more than one occasion...

On July 3, 2008 -- the day before Independence Day -- Barack Obama said that adding $4 trillion in debt was irresponsible and "unpatriotic.

Obama: The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents - #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back -- $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That's irresponsible. It's unpatriotic.

"Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic"

"Obama PROMISES To Cut Deficit In Half By 2012"

edit on Oct-09-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Mikeultra
I think he's a moron.

Technically speaking it doesn't which makes it more ironic in the fight. Any agreement to fund a program or department, since we are over budget and are spending more than we are bringing in, is an affirmation that the "ceiling" is a political tool rather than a "ceiling".

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Meh, I bet he doesn't care. He knows his little sheeple who voted him in won't notice or care (most of them) and if they do hear about his contradictions (he called raising the debt ceiling 'unpatriotic' remember) they'll just say, NO NO, it's all a REPUBLICAN LIE. HE NEVER SAID THAT.

Do I sound annoyed?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I heard a apt analogy on the latest episode of "StormCloudsGathering" concerning Demo's and Repub's.

It's like comparing horse manure to cow manure. It's still manure!

Or, to paraphrase, comparing elephant manure to donkey manure. It's still manure!
edit on 9-10-2013 by Magister because: add

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If the debt ceiling is raised, that allows them to borrow more money, which they will then spend, thus adding to the national debt. That's how I see it. They need to stop spending money we don't have. There was some unexpected money saving announced today. Stopping some military aid to Egypt, (tanks, F-16's, Apache copters, cash) I know the government works in a complicated way, but you can't argue with the OP's example of what a total hypocrite that the current president is.

edit on 9-10-2013 by Mikeultra because: spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I Bet He Wishes He Hadn’t Said That…

I bet he does.
I bet you can't name one of our leaders...erm...politicians...about whom the same thing can't be said.

A silly game, playing "But you said this, before." I believe the term is shooting fish in a barrel.
edit on 10/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join