Swedish Scientist Invent Tikker watch that shows countdown your death!

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What if, you and every one around you can see the date when you death?? funny?

-The Tikker watch asks a set of questions about a wearer's medical history
-Their age is subtracted from the results to get the estimated death date
-Countdown then begins shown in years, days, hours, minutes and seconds
-Creator claims it will help people make the most of the time they have left

i want to try one! how about you?

The design team has set up a Tikker Kickstarter hoping to raise $25,000 (£15,500). The watch costs $59 (£36) and is due to be shipped by April 2014.

'While death is non-negotiable, life isn’t. All we have to do is learn how to cherish the time and the life that we have been given; seize the day and follow our hearts.'

i give aplause to this scientist for saying this..

'From years to seconds it presents time ever moving, never standing still, and our lives dwindling
towards the final rest,' said Cotling.
'The occurrence of death is no surprise to anyone, but in our modern society we rarely talk about it. I think that if we were more aware of our own expiration I’m sure we’d make better choices while we are alive.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

how about you guys? do you think know the expiration date of your live will make you appreciate every single hour you have?
edit on 9-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Your optimism is somewhat odd to me as it seems fairly clear that no device could be created to determine the time of someone's death. There are too many variables, it's not a possibility.
Whether it be a car accident, or an organ failure. The time in between is not to be calculated.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

yourmaker
Your optimism is somewhat odd to me as it seems fairly clear that no device could be created to determine the time of someone's death. There are too many variables, it's not a possibility.
Whether it be a car accident, or an organ failure. The time in between is not to be calculated.

Yes sir! i know that..but look at the good will of tjis scientist..

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
From a short story written 1939:

I will repeat my discovery. In simple language, I have invented a technique to tell how long a man will live. I can give you advance billing of the Angel of Death. I can tell you when the Black Camel will kneel at your door. In five minutes' time, with my apparatus, I can tell any of you how many grains of sand are still left in your hourglass.

Life-Line, Robert A. Heinlein
edit on 10/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Phage
Life-Line, Robert A. Heinlein

Is that the one with Pinero the Charlatan?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You mean "charlatan"?
The guy that put life insurance companies out of business? Yup. That's the one.

Heinlein's first sale.
edit on 10/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

In later Heinlein stories, it's capitalized, like some sort of bestowed title. Pinero the Charlatan. See also "Methuselah's Children" I thought there might be a backstory, although sometimes Heinlein references characters he never developed.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Ah.
He wasn't a charlatan. His machine worked.

Interesting comment though, I can't think of any of Heinlein's characters who weren't well developed. One of the reasons I got hooked on his stuff.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I can't think of any of Heinlein's characters who weren't well developed. One of the reasons I got hooked on his stuff.

If you've read Revolt in 2100, he cuts right to an established theocracy, and skips the entire development of Nehemiah Scudder, except that he constantly references him as part of the back story, without ever explicitly developing the story at all. He had planned to write two Scudder novels, apparently, and didn't get around to it.

He does something similar in Citizen of the Galaxy a couple of times as well.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
When I saw my wonderful 97-year old neighbor yesterday, (he drove out west in 1930 in his Model A, which he still has!) I asked him how he was doing.

His answer, 'Well.... I woke up...'

This watch reminds me of a friend's method of making the most of the days. She calculated how many weeks she had left according to the actuarial charts, and put a marble in a jar for every week. She removes a marble every Sunday. She says watching them dwindle is a bit nervewracking.

She used to use gumballs but her kids got into them, and she nearly panicked one day when her Weeks were all used up.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Yeah, well. Scudder isn't really a character but let's argue about it over a glass or two somewhere else.

top topics

join