Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Conservative bubble.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Why are the only people who think they have the popular vote are the conservatives, do they live in their own bubble? Do they actually know what America wants?

Why don;t they get their ideology is outdated?

I need to know why they refuse to believe facts even when proven to be a lie?

Blaming it on lies, left wing propaganda..etc.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Why are the only people who think they have the popular vote are the conservatives, do they live in their own bubble? Do they actually know what America wants?

Do you know what I find even crazier? The fact that those in Washington whom we have elected have lied to all of us, and yet, those of you whom have adopted them as your saviors are unable to realize that BOTH parties are doing nothing more than playing us ALL for fools!!!!

But hell, I just made some popcorn, so who is up next? Hulk Hogan, Abduhl the Butcher, The Moon Dogs (yea, I'm that old)???????
edit on 9-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Right now its a race to the bottom the DNC has a not very good 42% approval rating while the GOP is getting killed at a record low 28% approval and both those numbers are going to keep going down as long as the mess keeps up.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Why are the only people who think they have the popular vote are the conservatives

How do you know that ?
Don't Liberals think the same ?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Really?

What the hell do liberals think their vote is the only one that counts ?

Considering they hold 2/3's of the administration, and those mean little conservatives won't let them have their way.

Tell ya what the left needs to stop acting like a bunch of 2 years when they don't get their way.

Like it or not the separation of power was set up for a reason.

Remember why.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Offhand, I would say looking at a county by county voting map of the US is nearly all red except for counties with large metro areas.

On the phone right now or I'd pull up a picture as a link.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

edit on 9-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

Everybody thinks their side is the popular vote.

Here's the reality: voting, whether popular or "unpopular" is completely useless in changing anything.

Whether it's the red team or the blue team is irrelevant. It's like a game of football where each fan thinks if their team wins it will enrich their lives. In reality the game of football is still played in the same ways. The only ones who benefit from it are the players. The fans will always lose, unless they're gambling and happen to choose the winning side(like a stockbroker?). Otherwise all that the other fans do when they watch the game and root for their "side" is line the pockets of the owners while wasting their own time and resources.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think that it comes down to the fact that conservatives have an issue with facts in general, and has to do with the religious nature of the conservative party. To be blunt, they believe they have a right to make up their own definition for the word "fact" instead of using the one that everyone else uses.

Case and point - Evolution.

This leads to them being easily influenced by their respective leaders. To be blunt, Joseph Gobbels would have loved to have today's Right-Wing as German citizens in the 1930's.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Seriously, my popcorn is getting cold. You either created this thread as a purposeful slam against the GOP and abandoned your own thread, (which in my eyes is political trolling) or you are drastically searching for everything and anything to back up your ridiculous statement.................

Is there anyone out there????? echo echo echo echo

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

neo96
Really?

What the hell do liberals think their vote is the only one that counts ?

Considering they hold 2/3's of the administration, and those mean little conservatives won't let them have their way.

Tell ya what the left needs to stop acting like a bunch of 2 years when they don't get their way.

Like it or not the separation of power was set up for a reason.

Remember why.

Hey Neo, when a 2yr old doesn't get it's what it threatens to take away all the toys from everyone else. Hmmm.

Also I've been curious - with the "Tea Party" going on 5 years since it's birth, why isn't there anyone in government that has a (T) next to their name?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

The Tea Party is an idea, not a party. You didn't know that?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Evil_Santa
I think that it comes down to the fact that conservatives have an issue with facts in general, and has to do with the religious nature of the conservative party. To be blunt, they believe they have a right to make up their own definition for the word "fact" instead of using the one that everyone else uses.

Case and point - Evolution.

This leads to them being easily influenced by their respective leaders. To be blunt, Joseph Gobbels would have loved to have today's Right-Wing as German citizens in the 1930's.

Goebells has more in common with the fascist left who continually tries to kill god, and institute the state religion of government,

Those who beleive in the supremacy of the state are right wingers, that would be the left and the current adminstration,

Not really surprise those who claim to be liberal today really have no damn clue what that means.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

At the moment, the statists are losing the propaganda battle, I think that is good news for all of us.

We shouldn't want to let the authoritarians win regardless of their sociological agenda. That has always been the American way, we just momentarily forgot that on both sides of the aisle if you insist on maintaining a clear bifurcation.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I'm not even going to bother with you Onslaught except to give a link from SO.

I'm pissed!! (political trolls and hacks)

You and your buddies should read it.

I'm done.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If any individual didn't feel that their way was the best way, then wouldn't that make them dishonest?

How silly would the world be if a progressive said the Tea Party was right, or if a Muslim said Christianity was the right path?

We all think we are right, it's human nature.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

Hey Neo, when a 2yr old doesn't get it's what it threatens to take away all the toys from everyone else. Hmmm.

What?

The state is too big to fail so continue the same crap that lead to the current state of the union ?

That right?

IS that why the right should get on it's knees and bow to the supremacy of the leftist ideology.

There is a saying a government that is big enough to give people everything they want is big enough to take everything they have.

Point of fact the current debates going on right now has proved just how right the tea party has been.

That much power is a clear and present danger to all the people here.

But who gives crap I would rather have a serious argument than lame arse hyperbole and vitriol attacking those who stand up against the stupidity that has created the biggest problems we face.

A government that does not know it place, and expects the people to be subserviant to whatever the hell government wants.
edit on 9-10-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Try looking at the big picture. We are being systematically broken down as citizens. Between Economic disasters, natural disasters, social disasters, we are being worked over good. Are we all almost to the point of giving up or fighting? Yep, we're almost there.

On topic, the two parties have been well aware of the budget and debt ceiling and did nothing in advance of the due dates. Obamacare, come on, if it was any good, we'd want it, besides the fact that they pulled the wool over all our eyes on this one. Not only did a democratic majority willingly vote in a life changing piece of legislation, sight unseen,(seems like an impeachable offense to me!) but the president has lied to us! He said we could keep our healthcare! Bullpuck! All healthcare is now obamacare, only by another name. They all have to follow the obamacare manual, so to speak, but true. They all have followed suit in price line. And a tax that's not a tax? How is this play with words legal?

I get wanting to be an idealist. I was there once myself. I'm older now and wiser. The country is in deep do do, and this is more than a problem due to the conservative party. As an almost 50 year old, I can see that age does offer wisdom. The youth are important, they keep the scales balanced, but those of us that have worked our way up to where we are now, today, we know that what is happening with Obama et al, and starting way earlier than even him, that we are being lead down a path of destruction. The constitution and amendments were great pieces of work, thought out by fair men. They kept it simple for a reason. Life should be that simple.

If you respect your elders, listen to what they think. trust us, we care about the poor, the sick, the less fortunate. We just are looking at the whole plan and can see it will end up being extremely painful.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

One side believes in big government the other side believes in limited government. Then there are the moderates like Bush, Christie, McCain who are for big government. Conservatives are pissed because the establishment does not support the true meaning of being conservatives which is limited government. That's why the new republicans are trying to push out the old establishment because frankly they are embarrassing. Plus, they are not much different than big government leftist.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I am worried, maybe ATS should call 911. It seems the OP made a post and immediately disappeared????? Oh dear, is the OP okay, or is this just another us versus them thread, where someone puts in a slam against their opponent and walks away..............

What to do what to do.........

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Do you know your facts?

www.washingtonpost.com...

Pladuim
edit on 9-10-2013 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join