It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s worker arrested after telling company president she can’t afford shoes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

There is nothing this man does that warrants his pay to be that much higher than the average worker

So the President of one of the worlds largest companies shouldn't make that much more than a guy who flips burgers?

Typical of the entitled generation. I bet that guy has worked harder in the last week than you have your whole life

People aren't just magically given good jobs, they earn them with hard work.

You people think if you just put in your 35-40 hours a weekyou should get great pay and a paid vacation, hell you even think the guy paying you should pay for your dam health insurance too

You have no concept of working 80 hours a week, you think you should get weekends off , and some "you time" to play x-box or hit the clubs

Entitled, spoiled, excuse making, lazy generation..

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Char-Lee

We have gotten used to being poor, we live pretty much free of extras of any kind except the internet and basic cable, i don't mind but work hours increased as the profit disappeared for us.

Maybe you could use a little HELP

HaHa good one, well a couple things, with the economy they can't bring tourists where they are not going and two, they require you give a lot of money which they then match on the work...plus they are often just dumb, they have people start serving gourmet food to old fisherman and the place will be hopping sure, the night the cameras are there but that will not last the slow winter!

I have seen them do LA looks in a small quaint town... foolish! They always say has to be fresh not frozen so funny!! Small places in out of the way towns cannot keep fresh everything unless they want to go broke from lost food. Can't even get a lot of things fresh to start with.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The CEO's work hard for all their dough, after all they have to actually speak to someone and tell THEM to do the work.
The amount many are paid is obscene it certainly is not a reasonable wage for the work done.

Workers in the USA work longer hours and more days for less pay and have less vacation time then any other developed nation so i heard on the news one night.

goou111
reply to post by buster2010

There is nothing this man does that warrants his pay to be that much higher than the average worker

So the President of one of the worlds largest companies shouldn't make that much more than a guy who flips burgers?

Typical of the entitled generation. I bet that guy has worked harder in the last week than you have your whole life

People aren't just magically given good jobs, they earn them with hard work.

You people think if you just put in your 35-40 hours a weekyou should get great pay and a paid vacation, hell you even think the guy paying you should pay for your dam health insurance too

You have no concept of working 80 hours a week, you think you should get weekends off , and some "you time" to play x-box or hit the clubs

Entitled, spoiled, excuse making, lazy generation..

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

goou111

Ok I think being arrested for this is ridiculous, what exactly is "the freedom od speech"?

You can be arrested at anytime for anything even if it is clear and obvious to everyone you did not do it. They can then detain you, take you down to the police station, cuss you out do whatever they want to you for a couple hours they they have to let you ago.

Unless trespassing was posted at every 50 ft (AND SHE WAS NOT LET IN) its not law. No one gonna get charged with it but it is a class B and it is used to subdue you and put you behind bars for awhile. So you don't scream from the street I guess. meanwhile the cop knows the entire time the DA will drop charges or not show up to court.

All you have to do is show up its a BS case would be dismissed instantly.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I said I wasn't going to reply, but after reading your reply and actually hearing that you know how difficult it is working at McDonalds, and still are against the poor woman in this story, that makes it far worse than if you had just been an ignorant rich white man.

Shame on you, seriously. You are like a slave who was free, and then slaved others.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The words "fresh" and "food" shouldn't even be used in the same sentence as "McDonald's". There's more nutrients in a cow pasture...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

If they don't have ambition to better their work and lifestyle, then they won't have ambition to foment a revolution. A lot of talk and demands for government to take care of them either through direct handouts or regulation, but they are not taking up the red flags themselves and storming parliament. Naw...to much effort...get someone else to do it

We'll see.

Listen, there are more people than me who are like pots finally coming to the boil. If I am thinking 'strike' and 'revolution' you can guarantee there are thousands more thinking the same. More and more people every day have had it up to the back teeth with working schitty jobs which no-one really wants to do, but which are VITAL to an company's success, and be so disrespected for working these jobs by telling them they don't deserve enough to live on.
I say screw that. I am not alone in this sentiment. If I'm saying it, others are saying it.

Look around you, more and more people are joining the ranks of the poor every day despite working the unskilled jobs which are absolutely vital to a company and absolutely NEED doing.

They don't need to have ambition or a better job or qualifications, they just need to understand that the companies they work for cannot operate without their unskilled labour.
edit on 11-10-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

goou111
reply to post by MystikMushroom

lol at the Mcdonald by my house I saw them put my fries and burgers in bag, set the bag on the counter and tell me it will be 5 minutes on my chicken sandwich then park me.

I was like are you going to just leave the rest of our food in a bag on the counter to get cold while I wait

How hard is it to get fresh food?

You're confusing "hot" with "fresh". McDonald's doesn't serve fresh food.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

wait, macdonalds does hot food now?!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I think so, but I haven't eaten there for quite some time, so that may have changed.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Biigs

Are you implying they do 'food'?
edit on 12-10-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation

You have made statements leading me to believe you own a restaurant. If you do, are you telling me that every full time employee you have is paid enough to afford their own place and "reasonable" living expenses?

It seems that many feel that EVERY job should provide "reasonable" living expenses for single income living, and that has never been the case, ever.

First we need to define "reasonable" and second it wasn't until I was in my 30s that I could say that my income equated to a "reasonable" living expenses, and that was with a lot of hard work involved to get to where I was at that point.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

doobydoll

Biigs

Bravo!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
I thought the the wages of MacDonald's workers were set by the franchise owners?

Correct. McDonald's doesn't tell the owner how much to pay. The only rule is the minimum wage rule.

After watching the video I can understand why she was taken away. She was being rude. That was neither the place nor the time to cry for more money. She is the problem not McDonald's. She is one of the millions of barely employable immature beings. Where is the father of her children? Where is her immediate family? Does she imagine that she can get paid $100,000 a year to flip burgers? She probably doesn't know the first thing about business.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Char-Lee

What if she had five kids? How much more should she be paid than that other cashier who only has two kids?

Is minimum wage still alright for the teenager with no kids but the same position?

I want to know how much she is getting paid in welfare. You know she must be getting baby checks. EBT. SNAP. Cash benefits on electronic card. Housing assistance. Add it up. She is probably getting more than you.
And your tax money is paying for her ignorant lifestyle choices.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

doobydoll

Biigs

HAHAH!

Touché

Recently i had a fast food burger that tasted like an actual burger, i believe it was down to good timing.

I also ate a airplane meal just a few days ago that tasted good. Help me, something very wrong has happened to me and i need assistance!

<< 6  7  8   >>

join