It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s worker arrested after telling company president she can’t afford shoes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Revolution9

WhatAreThey

Liquesence

seeker1963
reply to post by goou111

She should learn her place! /end sarcasm But isn't this is what it is coming too?

This is, sadly, what the world is coming to.

You must ask for permission, wait your turn, must not disrupt, or you will be arrested.

You may not disrupt any proceeding and you must not speak unless you have been asked or called upon to speak, and if we don't like what you say you will be arrested.

We will tell you when you can speak. And for how long. And what tone you can use. Or you will be arrested.

Conditioning for obedience.

When you make a federally mandated wage that is enforced by the federal government...

... that makes me, as a private employer... pay more than what I think you are worth (picking your nose while flipping burgers.. REALLY??? IS THIS ALL YOU CAN DO????)

I think... YES! You SHOULD WAIT IN LINE TO SPEAK!

Honestly: How many people in this thread own businesses an see the type of people they are FORCED to hire?

I think... not very many!

Pay a monkey's wage and you'll only get monkey work! They are a horrible abusive employer. If you abuse your employees with low wages and a nasty bullying work environment then expect subversion!

So if you have a business and want an excellent employee, you are going to hire someone at great wages right out of the gate.... because that is what you will get, a great employee?

Are you naive or just playing ignorant?

What the hell is a raise for?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
How many hours and how many days does she work and what exactly is she feeding her kids?

I dont buy things i cant afford, i dont do things i cant afford and i dont have kids that i cant feed on my wage.

Basically what she is saying - "Waaah, i have two kids and a secure low wage job that i have had for 10 years, pay me more than im worth please because...... you know i have those kids"

Do you want a pay raise? Its easy, just have some kids!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Biigs
How many hours and how many days does she work and what exactly is she feeding her kids?

I dont buy things i cant afford, i dont do things i cant afford and i dont have kids that i cant feed on my wage.

Basically what she is saying - "Waaah, i have two kids and a secure low wage job that i have had for 10 years, pay me more than im worth please because...... you know i have those kids"

Do you want a pay raise? Its easy, just have some kids!

Nice way to control the population. You are poor so no kids for you. So I guess there should be some kind of forced birth control because abstinence is the only form of birth control that works. And good luck on telling humans not to have sex.

Here is a video telling how it is here in the states.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yes?

If you cant support the new additions to your family or any contraception - yeah dont have sex. Why is that so hard to understand?

I love to buy fast cars on credit, do i whine to my boss for a pay raise because i cant afford the repayments.

No its not the same exactly.... but logically it absolutely does make sense. Cant support - dont expand.

edit on 10-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Biigs

Yes?

If you cant support the new additions to your family or any contraception - yeah dont have sex. Why is that so hard to understand?

I love to buy fast cars on credit, do i whine to my boss for a pay raise because i cant afford the repayments.

No its not the same exactly.... but logically it absolutely does. Cant support - dont expand.

The CEO of McDonald's ranks 45th when it comes to pay. This is what he makes Total Compensation $20.71 mil 5-Year Compensation $75.07 mil but they can't pay the average worker a livable wage? Then you have people complaining about people being a drain on the system?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Who gets paid what at the top has no relevance to the fact that flipping a burger is EXTREMELY SIMPLE and the fact you have X years doing it makes little difference apart from the fact you are reliable.

If you want to have a large family and live in a big house and drive a nice car, its called getting an education and getting that CEOs job.

This is not rocket surgery.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

goou111
reply to post by MystikMushroom

lol at the Mcdonald by my house I saw them put my fries and burgers in bag, set the bag on the counter and tell me it will be 5 minutes on my chicken sandwich then park me.

I was like are you going to just leave the rest of our food in a bag on the counter to get cold while I wait

How hard is it to get fresh food?

Why should they bust their buns when they're paid only chump-change wages?

I wouldn't give best service and manners either if I worked at McD's, and I wouldn't be too particular about getting your order right either.

If they paid proper wages and offered proper job hours it would be different, I would be conscientious and do my best. If workers don't deserve decent wages then bosses don't deserve good workers.

Screw McD's - it serves them right if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm conflicted on this.

On one hand, all jobs simply cannot be paid +$30k a year. Someone who puts frozen french fries into a fryer and then moves them to a paper bag does not provide enough value to justify payment that high. Even if you ignored that and paid them all $30k then McDonalds would go out of business selling a value meal for $50 and her income would be zero.

On the other hand I am GLAD she is actually working and not just sitting at home having more kids leaching off those who actually work.

Bottom line is people who provide for a family should not be working at McDonalds (or any other min wage job). I don't really blame McDonalds. They can't pay burger flippers $30k and stay in business. I guess I blame her although that sounds harsh. She needs to provide for her family. This cannot be done working at McDonalds. The solution: don't work at McDonalds. Get a better job. Get an education. I loaned my entire way through college and worked part-time. Now I earn more than min wage. It can be done. Yelling at the McDonalds CEO isn't going to get it done.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

I've always believed you should do the best possible job you can. I've worked some crappy jobs and I took pride in any work I did, even cleaning the toilets. I even volunteered because others were so lazy or particular they just couldn't be bothered with such mundane and dirty work. Even when I hated my job or my bosses I tried my best.

I don't get this stuff about people slacking on the job, somebody has to perform these tasks or there is no business. Point is by taking the job you agreed to do it.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

jjkenobi
I'm conflicted on this.

On one hand, all jobs simply cannot be paid +$30k a year. Someone who puts frozen french fries into a fryer and then moves them to a paper bag does not provide enough value to justify payment that high. Even if you ignored that and paid them all $30k then McDonalds would go out of business selling a value meal for $50 and her income would be zero.

On the other hand I am GLAD she is actually working and not just sitting at home having more kids leaching off those who actually work.

Bottom line is people who provide for a family should not be working at McDonalds (or any other min wage job). I don't really blame McDonalds. They can't pay burger flippers $30k and stay in business. I guess I blame her although that sounds harsh. She needs to provide for her family. This cannot be done working at McDonalds. The solution: don't work at McDonalds. Get a better job. Get an education. I loaned my entire way through college and worked part-time. Now I earn more than min wage. It can be done. Yelling at the McDonalds CEO isn't going to get it done.

I see your point but there aren't enough jobs to go around, much less enough 30k jobs. You are right that she is angry at the wrong person. fast food industry creates waste and makes a few rich...good for them but why do we back it up? We need to take back our agriculture and grow our own food and have jobs providing on the home front, not for corporate waste... Cooking, growing food, making or mending clothes despite what is acceptable in fashion mags, building on to the house without ridiculous fees even if it's perfectly up to code, making furniture, maintaining green energy set ups like solar and wind etc etc. We can't all go to town in a car and spend gas money everyday, pay somebody to watch kids where it applies simply because it takes two plus people to pay a mortgage on a 120000 house that took 30000 to build... if you are LUCKY enough to get a mortgage...or pay rent for your entire life like a rat in a maze.

On some level, we do need industrialization and corporations... to make IMPORTANT stuff that cannot be made at home, but not useless crap... not french fries in wasteful cardboard. We also do not need to pay people do shuffle paper work regarding imaginary money in the interest based system. We need a balance of both sectors. Fine, advanced technology... but with control of our basics in the land. A merger of the best of those worlds. Survival and independence at it's finest with the perks of technology on a moderate and thoughtful scale.... not french fries. Not more garbage, not more people racing against the clock to get to a minimum wage job on 5 dollars in gas each way because even though they could could grow a garden, they can't pay rent with their tomatoes. We were born here so we have a right to live off the land.... when we can somehow obtain a piece of it from a thankless, greedy mortgage company that is likely to swindle us to the point where we never know good credit again. We ARE entitled to SOMETHING!... the basics. They are not entitled to obscene wealth simply by mathematical extraction in the system of usury.

There's a lot wrong with the situation, but to be angry at one person instead of the whole system... you can't blame her because you can't yell at the system. The candle burns at both ends. many people are just screwed and the popular solution is just "screw em"

that is why I can't really be mad at sterilization practices... as it is much less cruel than abortion, much MUCH less cruel that being an orphan or being raised dirt poor by mixed up people in a mixed up world.... and it's also why I loathe the usury system. It's just greed and she feels the victimization of the innate greed of man because deep in her heart, she knows it's a choice and it doesn't have to be this way... but changing it is another matter.

I also have no sympathy for collapsing systems built on greed.

We've got other things to do then let the elites squabble over their empty wealth that makes them feel secure... like education and teaching people how to behave like civilized beings.

granted, her approach is mislead, disorganized... but the sentiment is going to get worse because as the economy slows, the rich get nervous... and they unstably then start trying to choke the life out of the lower class... which will only fuel unrest. They are morons and SOMEBODY does need to get yelled at.
edit on 4201331AM10AM08p49America/Chicago by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Because it's their job, and I spend my hard earned $$ there like everyone else

So we deserve good food and good service period

Don't take it out on customers because you don't like your firkin job.

If you take the job DO IT RIGHT, that's what men do

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

I've always believed you should do the best possible job you can. I've worked some crappy jobs and I took pride in any work I did, even cleaning the toilets. I even volunteered because others were so lazy or particular they just couldn't be bothered with such mundane and dirty work. Even when I hated my job or my bosses I tried my best.

I don't get this stuff about people slacking on the job, somebody has to perform these tasks or there is no business. Point is by taking the job you agreed to do it.

And I believed the same when wages were livable.

I don't get this stuff about failing to pay workers enough to live on, if you want workers to perform well then PAY THEM DECENT WAGES.

By taking a job you agree to work for your living, not have to continue to claim benefits AND work too.

I don't call it being lazy, I call it sticking it back to your tight-wad millionaire company. Playing fair goes both ways.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

when you say men, I guess you mean that as a metaphorical statement like "real men"... rather than be trying to make this a gender issue, since that would be kind of ridiculous.
edit on 4201331AM10AM41p38America/Chicago by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't eat the junk these fast food places buy and sell.
Being arrested for speaking out seems extremely suspect - since she works at the 'golden arches' she was invited to attend - all Ceo's know they will have some dissent.

Even Joe. E. Notyobuddy rode in on a white horse - ended up in the orange.
edit on 10-10-2013 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

NotAnAspie
reply to post by goou111

when you say men, I guess you mean that as a metaphorical statement like "real men"... rather than be trying to make this a gender issue, since that would ind of be kind of ridiculous.

I did..

I meant real men.. I am not trying to make it a gender thing lol

My wife works harder then anyone I know

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

goou111

Because it's their job, and I spend my hard earned $$ there like everyone else

So we deserve good food and good service period

Don't take it out on customers because you don't like your firkin job.

If you take the job DO IT RIGHT, that's what men do

Your hard-earned goes into the bursting bank accounts of McD's, not the workers.

People who demand top service from these places are the same people who say the workers job isn't worth more, yet you expect these same people to treat you like you're royalty. Good luck with that.

You pay your hard-earned dollar for your food, not for good service. You want good service? You can always go dine somewhere expensive where the service is better, but it's only better because minimum wage gets healthily topped up with tips.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I know some people in situations like this. It's a very challenging scenario for them because they don't have the skills, intelligence, or knowledge to say just up an quit because they don't like it. they can't. They're locked into there job because they have kids to feed and they don't know anything. So the only thing you got left is to try and complain a bit.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

calstorm
I have to disagree. If you live in an area where there ARE no other jobs, and you have 6,000 people apply for a total of 12 jobs at a McDonalds like I used to then no, it's not really your fault because you don't have any other options available to you.
Where I used to live, there wasn't a minimum wage job that gave you more than 10-12 hours a week. It wasn't until I moved that I realized how bad things were there.
edit on 9-10-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

Ummmmm..... Move?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Why the hell didnt she go find a better job? Noone said she HAD to work at McDonalds. She chose to, and thats on her.

Also would like to point out that I would be willing to venture this lady owns a cell phone and/or computer. You can buy many a pair of shoes for the price of 1 of either of those. Also thrift stores, when I was in a low point in my life, I learned thrift stores are a great place to get pretty decent clothing for next to nothing.

Good on Mickey D's, people like this ought be sent back in time to the great depression so they can learn what suffering truly is.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If you set your lifes goals low don't be upset about what you get. 10 years and she's unhappy I'd fire her and get someone off the street for $0.10 more per hour and probably have a better employee. She's probably the kind that does the bare minimum to keep the job

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join