It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nutritional Anatomy: Foods That Resemble the Body Part They Aid : Doctrine of Signatures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Dear ATS'ers,

This topic has been subtly spoken of on the site- however, I find that it should have it's very own ATS thread.

Before we begin, answer me this:

What is your opinion of the Doctrine of Signatures?

Never heard of it?

In short:

This doctrine states that herbs that resemble various parts of the body can be used to treat ailments of that part of the body.

Give yourself a good five minutes for some light reading..

source (wikipedia.org - Doctrine of signatures)

source (beliefnet.com - Doctrine of Signatures Theory)

(You'll find "signatures" to be quite broad a term. An interesting hypothesis nonetheless- and the upcoming list is quite a 'coincidence'.)

Up to the end of the sixteenth century, resemblance played a constructive role in the knowledge of Western culture. It was resemblance that largely guided exegesis and the interpretation of texts; it was resemblance that organized the play of symbols, made possible knowledge of things visible and invisible, and controlled the art of representing them. The universe was folded in upon itself: the earth echoing the sky, faces seeing them­selves reflected in the stars, and plants holding within their stems the secrets that were of use to man.

source (georgetown.edu - Michel Foucault, THE ORDER OF THINGS, CHAPTER 2, Pg. 17, An Arthaeology of the Human Sciences, A translation of "Les Mots et les choses" (1966))

The "Doctrine of Signatures" philosophy was expanded upon in theology by Christian European metaphysicists in the 16th century.

It was reasoned that the Almighty must have set his sign upon the various means of curing disease which he provided.

source (archive.org - A history of the warfare of science with theology in Christendom (1896))

For the sake of the thread, let's not delve into the theology of the matter..

Let's put the "Doctrine of Signatures" speak on hold. No matter the truth behind the philosophy, there are some excellent examples/coincidences (whatever you personally would like to call them) that I would like to list here.

Here's that list I said was coming up!

WALNUTS & THE BRAIN
CARROTS & THE EYES
MUSHROOMS & THE EARS
BROCCOLI/CAULIFLOWER & THE LUNGS
GRAPES & THE ALVEOLI
TOMATOES & THE HEART
GRAPEFRUIT & THE MAMMARY GLANDS
BANANAS & THE FINGERS
KIDNEY BEANS & THE KIDNEY
SWEET POTATOES & THE PANCREAS
GINGER & THE STOMACH
OLIVES & THE OVARIES
AVOCADOS/PEARS & THE WOMB
FIGS & THE TESTES
CELERY & THE BONES
ONIONS & THE CELL
GINSENG & THE HUMAN BODY

(obviously this is a growing list.. let me know here if you have a good one)

I won't be upset if you point out a mistake I've made.. I'm bound to make several. We're going for the truth here, and if there are no corrections the truth stays hidden. Politeness would be a nice addition to your comment, though.

(This includes grammatical and spelling errors.. these are going to be posted on a blog I maintain- all eyes are of help.)

I'm going to dump loads of good, sourced information here- and I hope you'll help me find more truth to add to it. I'm going to at the very least, go down the above list and dive into each entry. I'll set a goal of two list items per day.

Let us all learn that food can be all the medicine we need.. the truth is.. a pill may treat your symptoms, but probably won't cure you... (because only treating our illnesses is profitable... get it?)

As you read and learn, do not forget the importance of organic when it comes to food. Learn what organic means, and know that what's labeled 'organic' may not be. Constant vigilance!

Get to know your LOCAL farmers. Shop at co-ops.

Could you grow your own food?

Also, stay informed on the GMO (genetically-modified organisms) issue.

Food is a necessity of life. Make the most out of your life by feeding your body with good, clean food.

Clean! Scrub that apple! Even organic foods can be grown and sprayed with harmful 'organic pesticides'...
source (dailymail.co.uk)
(constant... vigilance...)

Let's begin.
edit on 9-10-2013 by AsarAlubat because: Spelling and Grammar.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

WALNUTS & THE BRAIN

Let's first consider walnuts.. If you crack one open, what does it resemble? Clearly, the anatomical look-alike is the human brain. As coincidental as it may seem, walnuts also aid this vital organ that sits safe inside your skull.

Walnuts are considered one of the ultimate brain food.. Here's why- Most nuts (most notably walnuts) contain a large amount of "α-Linolenic acid" (AlA). 'α' is the symbol for 'alpha'. ALA is an omega-3 fatty acid, an 'essential' polyunsaturated fat. source (whfoods.com)

Walnuts also contain the other 'essential' fatty acid, "Linoleic acid" (LA). LA is an omega-6 fatty acid.source (marksdailyapple.com)

And when we say 'essential', we mean it. They have been traditionally classified as so for good reason. These fatty acids play a fundamental role in several of our physiological functions and- our bodies are unable to produce them on their own. I'd say 'essential' is a suitable adjective for the stated situation. It is essential for us to make sure we consume enough of both alpha-linolenic acid and linoleic acid through our daily diets.source (umm.edu)

These healthy fats help prevent a wide range of medical problems, including cardiovascular disease (leading cause of death in the U.S.)source (cdc.gov) depression, asthma, and rheumatoid arthritis.

The plant based Omega-3 ALA makes up almost one-tenth of the walnut you're eating- source1 (walnuts.org) source2 (bodybuilding.com) and our bodies require the fatty acid for many normal body functions, such as building cell membranes in the brain, and controlling blood clotting. source (hsph.harvard.edu)

You have probably already heard that omega-3 fatty acids are associated with many health benefits, including protection against heart disease and possibly stroke.

So.. eat up on those organic walnuts, folks. Why not go the distance and buy some whole ones.. that way, when you crack it open, you can appreciate the food as an entirety.. and you'll probably only be eating the ingredient "organic walnut". Read your labels.

Bake some walnuts into Banana/Walnut Bread. It's delicious.

Any ATS'ers have anything good to add about this delicious brain food?

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

CARROTS & THE EYES

Perhaps not as a whole, however if you take a slice of a carrot and look at the insides- you'll see what looks just like a human eye. Its got a darker circle in the center (like the pupil) and a large outside ring that resembles an iris with radiating lines.. very similar, indeed. So.. do carrots aid this body part they look like? Well, the simple answer is yes. Carrots contain Vitamin A and β-Carotene ('β' is the symbol for 'beta'). Let's go over what these things are and what they help.

Vitamin A is group of antioxidant compounds. source (allaboutvision.com) They play an important role health of the immune system, in bone growth, and in vision. The antioxidant compounds found in Vitamin A strengthen things like the surface of the eye and mucous membranes (like the ones contiguous with the skin of our eyelids) be effective barriers to bacteria and viruses. This can reduce the risk of infectious diseases, respiratory problems, and eye infections.

There are two types of Vitamin A. The first comes from animal products and is already in the form of 'retinol'. This kind of Vitamin A can be used directly in the body after consumption. The second type of Vitamin A is in the form of 'provitamin A' carotenoids. A carotenoid is a pigmented substance found in fruits and veggies that has antioxidant properties. They are responsible for adding some of the color (mainly red, orange, and yellow) to the plants and food. You can see the similarity in color of carrots, sweet potatoes, and canteloupe- carotenoids doing there. Our bodies convert this type of Vitamin A to retinol after consumption.source (daviddarling.info)

'Beta-carotene' is one of the most prevalent and effective provitamin A carotenoids included in carrots. Other notable provitamin A carotenoids found in carrots are 'α-carotene' and 'β-Cryptoxanthin'. All of these helpful carotenoids keep your eyes, espescially the 'cornea', healthy and strong.

So.. eat up on those organic carrots, folks. Why not go the distance and buy some whole ones.. that way, when you wash it off and (if you wish)peel off the carrot skin, you can appreciate the food as an entirety.. and you'll probably only be eating the ingredient "organic carrot". Read your labels. (worth a repeat, let it sink in)

Steam your carrots.. (or most vegetables) one of the healthiest cooking techniques there is!
source (foodnetwork.com)

Any ATS'ers have anything good to add about this tasty vegetable?

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Nice thread idea!
I'll add to what you said about checking whether its organic.

So many people dont understand what organic means, as an example, while in a cafe recently I asked if they had any organic fruit juices, the lady was helpful and she suddenly announced "Yes! this (can) is pure fruit juice".
"Pure" does not mean organic!

Many food items now have the word - Organic, on them, yet they often only contain ONE ingredient that's organic. Unfortunately we now have to read the entire list of ingredients to know if a product is truly organic.

Why do we choose organic food? Well, the msm do a good job of fooling people, we often see reports on the tv or in the papers that say "Proof, organic food does not taste better than non organic food", and thats how they fool the masses. While organic food does generally taste better, its not the reason we choose organic. We choose organics because we want food thats free of herbicides - pesticides - fungicides - and any other..cide!! We want clean food, as nature intended it to be.

Eat lots of healthy organic veg and you WILL notice a positive difference in your health.

edit on 9-10-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I'd take organic over commercial foods in an instant....Mostly because they taste and smell better. The people who say that organic food does not taste better must have screwed up their taste buds by eating too much bad chemistry. Food doesn't have to be certified organic for me to like it, it just has to be grown naturally. I can't see someone paying the government a thousand bucks minimum to get their food certified as organic. I know people who grow food naturally and there food is good. I don't even mind a little pesticides if it is necessary, but most commercial farmers add it as a precaution even when there is no threat. This practice of using pesticides also kills the wasps and dragonflies that eat the bugs on the plants. It also kills the harvester spiders which are very beneficial.

So on topic. If you have some liver or certain blood problems eat liver. If your heart is weak, eat heart or anything containing the elastin binding protein...Natural casings, head cheese, rendered fat cells (bacon), pork rinds, etc... The chemistry of filberts or hazelnuts is better than walnuts for building the brain. These can be found out in the woods around here but I rarely get much because the squirrels move in before I get a chance to get any ripe ones. I guess that is ok. I consider squirrel a good survival food also. always remember that natural is better, there is a chemical in foods that is needed for expanding the root system of plants in droughts that is severely reduced from us selecting the biggest producing plants. These plants are hard to grow without lots of water and plenty of nutrients, they would never make it in the wild even though they are perennials. This chemical, a special growth hormone, is essential to our health. We will eat more food to get it. More food means more calories and more cost. We cannot make this chemical. For the life of me I cannot remember it's name.

Any edible drought tollerent wild food will have this chemical. Stick a little dandelion leaf in your salad.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AsarAlubat

As long as it is not taken to far as in Rhino horns and male fertility and such I think it is interesting and may hold the same truths as the saying that a poisonous plant will have the cure growing nearby it is true with poison oak and many others according to the indians around here.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Eggplant and the uterus.
Always heard that. Definitely the right shape!

Many of the foods you listed as correlated to body parts, I was unaware of. Thanks for sharing! Way cool, and yes that Walnut looks like a mini brain. Even the hemispheres are clearly delineated!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Thanks for supplying the thread with smart advice about the term organic for others. It's good to know that there are others out there, informed on the subject.

Here's a great article about the organic food in grocery stores; what it means and if it's worth the money.

source (lifehacker.com)

Like many, I know that if a fruit or vegetable has USDA Organic on it, does not mean what you are about to eat is organic.. you have to go the extra mile and find out how the food was produced by the supplier or farm.

reply to post by rickymouse

Interesting! I'm not sure the name of what you are referring to either; there seems to be a few plant hormones that you could mean- and I'm no expert.

Source some stuff if you can, I'd love to learn more.

reply to post by Char-Lee

The Doctrine of Signatures is clearly outdated, however I know there are several clues and ques we can take from it that the majority of the population still doesn't know about. It's pretty cool, too.

reply to post by new_here

Eggplant/Uterus. I'll have to do some research and add that one! Thanks!

The so called 'signature' between the walnut and brain is one of the most uncanny.. IMHO..

I'm about to post today's two from the list. Stay tuned!

-AA

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

MUSHROOMS & THE EARS

Now take a slice of a mushroom.. do you see the similarities in shape and look to the human ear? You know the question.. does it also happen to help our ears out in any way? Yes, again! Mushrooms can be up to 90% water.. but many shrooms come with a vitamin that is not common find in nature's foods- Vitamin D. Also, mushrooms contain a good source of potassium, that can lower your blood pressure. Let's see how these mushroom components help the ears specifically.

Let's first learn about Vitamin D. There are many different discovered kinds of Vitamin D (Vitamin D1 through D5 actually) yet, Vitamin D2 and Vitamin D3 are the ones that matter to humans the most. Vitamin D2 is also known as ergocalciferol and Vitamin D3 is also known a cholecalciferol. D2 is produced by certain spineless animals, and also fungus and plants in response to sunlight (UV irradiation). D3 is made in the skin, from something called '7-dehydrocholesterol', when you are exposed to ultraviolet sunlight.

So, inside that mushroom, there is ergosterol.souce (ars.usda.gov) This is converted into Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) when the fungus obsorbs ultraviolet light. Ergosterol is a good absorber of ultraviolet radiation which can damage DNA, RNA and protein. Therefore, many scientists believe that ergosterol may serve as a 'sunscreen' of sort, that protects organisms from sunlight damage.

Vitamin D is very important in the absorption of calcium and building of strong bones; source (tinnitusreporter.com) without enough vitamin D you will likely not have enough calcium in your body. This could result in your ear bones becoming very rigid.

Also, the potassium found in mushrooms are also important for your ears. The inner ear is especially sensitive to any disruption in potassium levels, source (urmc.rochester.edu)going throughout your day deficient of this important chemical, you may find your ears constantly ringing, inability to tolerate direct sunlight, source (wisegeek.com) or other symptoms.

There's even a species of mushroom named 'wood ear' mushrooms.

I think my favorite way to eat mushrooms is lightly sauteed with olive oil, some seasonings and other veggies.

Sauteed Mushrooms

Many just give their mushrooms a quick wipe with a damp cloth or paper towel, but I'd say give them a quick rinse.

Any ATS'ers have anything good to add about mushrooms?

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This food item's so called 'signature' may not be as obvious as the last few, however when looking at a couple heads of brocolli, or cauliflower- I see the lungs! And thanks to a helpful molecule known as Sulforaphane, brocolli really can help your lungs (espescially if you're a smoker, or someone who recently quit).source (newscientists.com)

Sulforaphane is found in many cruciferous vegetables, notably brocolli sprouts. In simple terms, when eaten, Sulforaphane activates a chemical pathway called 'Nrf2', which smoking disables.source (plosone.org)

The lung macrophages ability to clear bacteria from the lungs is restored and even improved functionality-wise when the Nrf2 pathway is activated.source (smartplanet.com)

If you've been following along, you'll remember that it's the omega-3 fatty acids that may help prevent heart disease, and stroke (#1 and #4 on this list of leading causes of death in the U.S. source (cdc.gov)
). Well, guess what can help prevent cancer, and chronic lower respiratory diseases (#2 and #3 on that list).. Broccoli!

Think about adding more of this tasty veggie to your diet, and don't skip it when its on the dinner table!

Once again, steaming is good for method of cooking for these veggies. Steam your broccoli, add simple cheese sauce on top. To make a basic cheese sauce, you will need some form of oil or butter and a small amount of flour to make a sort of batter- then milk and cheese. I like to use coconut oil and coconut milk. I'll eat small amounts of dairy like cheese or yogurt on occasion.

Vegetable Cheese Sauce

Any ATS'ers have anything to add about these lovely cruciferous veggies?

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It has just come to my attention that some of the .gov links are no longer currently working.. well, as long as the partial government shutdown continues. E.G. source (usda.gov)

I'll try to add more non-.gov links in the meantime.

Here's a quick little index that I'll be carrying around with me. So far we have:

WALNUTS & THE BRAIN
CARROTS & THE EYES
MUSHROOMS & THE EARS

Hope everyone's having fun so far...

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
OP, a test for you

Our organic supplier often throws in odd veg etc as a freebie, one day we received one of these!
It was labeled as a Romanesco cauliflower. I prefer to call it the Fractal Collie.

The test.
What part of the body do these resemble?

ETA: Keep up the good work on the thread.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

VoidHawk
Our organic supplier often throws in odd veg etc as a freebie, one day we received one of these!
It was labeled as a Romanesco cauliflower. I prefer to call it the Fractal Collie.

How interesting..! I've never heard of the Romanesco cauliflower! Thank you for bringing it to my attention! It's truly beautiful..

Romanesco broccoli, or Romanesque cauliflower

Romanesco broccoli resembles a cauliflower, but is of a light green colour and the inflorescence (the bud) has an approximate self-similar character, with the branched meristems making a logarithmic spiral. In this sense the broccoli's shape approximates a natural fractal; each bud is composed of a series of smaller buds, all arranged in yet another logarithmic spiral. This self-similar pattern continues at several smaller levels.

source (en.wikipedia.org - "Romanesco broccoli")

Another mathematical principle found in nature is a fractal. The fractal structure can be found in fern, trees, cauliflower, etc.. If we look fern closely, we can find that a frond from a fern is a miniature replica of the whole. The circulatory, respiratory, and nervous systems in human body also have fractal structure. Human circulatory system needs to provide fresh oxygen and nutrients to every cell in the body. To archive such a task, the blood vessel system has to be designed in fractal structure. If it has a fractal structure, it can occupy minimum volume but has a maximum area to reach every cell in the body. It also reduces strong blood pressure by evenly distributing it to every end of the blood vessel.

source (creationresearches.com)

The test.
What part of the body do these resemble?

Rather than one part of the body.. more like a near-perfect, round source for all? Sort of like GINSENG & THE BODY we have coming to the thread in about a week. Who knows - but it appears to be very healthy. Romanesco has the nutritional benefits of broccoli or cauliflower, but has more carotene and mineral salts and less fibre.
source (bonduelle.org)

H E A L T H B E N E F I T S

It is a highly nutritious food, with many studies linking it to preventing digestive tract cancers. It has high levels of carotenoids which help promote glowing skin, and iron, Vitamin C and folate which combat anemia and are beneficial for healthy reproductive systems.

source (varietyfeast.com)

Not only is the vegetable interesting to look at, but it's also an excellent source of nutrients. It's rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber and carotenoids. Like all crucifers, this vegetable is excellent for you, too.

source (organicauthority.com - and "How To Cook It")

Thank you for your appreciation of the thread and fantastic contributions, VoidHawk!

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

GRAPES & THE ALVEOLI

Why are grapes on this list? What part of the body do they look like? The 'alveoli' of the lungs! The what?

Alveoli are tiny air sacs in the lungs. You can't see them without a microscope, however they do resemble grapes. On average, you have somewhere between 300 to 600 million within your lungs! In the lungs, the right and left main stem bronchus are like trees, with lots of smaller branches, reaching throughout the lung.source (copd.about.com) Deeper into the lungs, each bronchus subdivides into secondary and tertiary bronchi. Then these bronchi subdivide into smaller airways called bronchioles.

At the end of the bronchioles are the grape-like alveoli. The alveoli are the site of gas exchange within the lungs. On the surface, are the networks of tiny blood vessels (capillaries) that carry blood from the veins and throughout the body. When you breath in, they fill with oxygen and transfer oxygenated blood directly to the heart. It is exchanged for carbon dioxide from the blood, and the gas exchange completes. Then we exhale the carbon dioxide.

So, how do grapes help these parts of the lungs?

Well, let's talk about 'Resveratrol'. Resveratrol is found in the skin of red and purple grapes and in some other fruits as well. The darker the skin of the grape, the more Resveratrol it is expected to have within the skin. source (fitday.com) So go for those dark purple and black grapes.

Resveratrol is a strong antioxidant with many interesting and healthy properties. Some important ones include: anti-aging properties, anti-inflammatory properties, and cancer preventing properties. It can also lower cholesteral and blood pressure. Resveratrol is also found in red wine.

Resveratrol could also treat or cure your asthma or COPD.. Hey- look at that! We've already knocked on the top 1 - 4 leading causes of death in the U.S.. with walnuts and grapes.
source (imperial.ac.uk - "Grape skins could be used to treat asthma")

source (cdc.gov - death stats again)

Have you been following along? Do you remember the chemical pathway 'Nrf2' that broccoli can activate? Resveratrol can also help the nuclear factor-erythroid derived 2-like 2 (nfe2l2, also known as Nrf2).source1 (molpharm.aspetjournals.org)
source2 (ajplung.physiology.org)

How do you enjoy your grapes, ATS?

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

TOMATOES & THE HEART

A tomato is a fruit (botanically, yes- you've probably heard this by now source (organicgardening.com)) and can be quite similar to a human heart. Slice it open and you'll find several chambers, sometimes four- just like a normal human cardiovascular organ. And tomatoes do prevent things like heart disease!

Tomatoes contain plenty of helpful and healthy nutrients. Some of these nutrients are niacin, folate, and vitamin B6- which have been associated with heart disease reduction risk. source (fitday.com) And don't forget about 'Lycopene'! Tomatoes are red because of Lycopene..

Lycopene is a carotenoid, and belongs to the same family as beta-carotene.

If you want to get your fill of this antioxidant compound, cooking helps release it, and eating a little bit of fat (like olive oil) will get your body to absorb it better.

Toast some bread and toss on a slice of tomato, a small amount of olive oil, and a small amount of salt and fresh mozzerella if you prefer... then put it in the oven for no more than five minutes.. Delcious.. AND your body will easily be able to absorb all that Lycopene.

Toasted Bread & Tomato/Olive Oil

Lycopene is a carotenoid (as we discussed in the 'carrot' portion of this blog post), but does NOT get converted to Vitamin A by the body. Lycopene destroys free radicals throughout the body. A free radical is a damaging molecule that floats throughout the body and disrupts cells and promote disease. source (pcrm.org)Scientific studies show that Lycopene can help prevent many cancers. source (cancer.gov)

I always have to have tomatoes in the garden..

ATS, what is your take on the tomato fruit?

Regards,

-AA

P.S. An updated index, for those who are just joining us..

WALNUTS & THE BRAIN
CARROTS & THE EYES
MUSHROOMS & THE EARS
GRAPES & THE ALVEOLI
TOMATOES & THE HEART

edit on 11-10-2013 by AsarAlubat because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2013 by AsarAlubat because: P.S.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

ATS, what is your take on the tomato fruit?

Yummmy!

I often watch my 4 year old grandson(100% organic from birth) stealing them from the kitchen when mums not watching

We eat them like a fruit and cook with them. I believe they're loaded with vit C too?

Unfortunately our weather makes it difficult to successfully grow them outside, usually to humid and the molds destroy them. Next year we're going to try them under glass or pollytunnel.

Keep the thread going. I'll print it out for my daughter when its complete, she's well into this stuff.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

made this a few years back, sooooo agree!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

VoidHawk
I often watch my 4 year old grandson(100% organic from birth) stealing them from the kitchen when mums not watching

We eat them like a fruit and cook with them. I believe they're loaded with vit C too?

Yes! Something I forgot to mention.. Tomatoes are also an excellent source of Vitamin C!

It's worth noting here that conventional vitamin antioxidants like vitamin E and vitamin C are sometimes overlooked in tomatoes because of their unique phytonutrient composition. Yet vitamin E and vitamin C provide critical antioxidant support in the cardiovascular system, and they are an important part of the contribution made by tomatoes to our heart health.

source (whfoods.com)

VoidHawk
Unfortunately our weather makes it difficult to successfully grow them outside, usually to humid and the molds destroy them. Next year we're going to try them under glass or pollytunnel.

Keep the thread going. I'll print it out for my daughter when its complete, she's well into this stuff.

Good luck growing tomatoes with your new tomato-growing tactic next year!

The weekends are pretty busy for me; I'll be picking this thread back up Monday morning!

mellisamouse

made this a few years back, sooooo agree!

Nice job on the video! Quite a lot of good info in there!

I'll be avoiding the theology portion of this subject, as mentioned- but "God's Pharmacy" does have a nice ring, doesn't it!

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Why wouldn't I just eat the actual body part instead of focusing on this mumbo jumbo?

If I want a better liver, just eat liver?

If I want a better brain just eat more brains?

If I want more sex drive...well you know...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

FreeMason
Why wouldn't I just eat the actual body part instead of focusing on this mumbo jumbo?

I've always been keen to the hypothesis that we are supposed to eat non-animal-derived foods.

I'm sure I eat much less meat then you.

However, I'm not unaware to the fact that meat-eating was essential for human evolution.

I enjoy receiving the bulk of my protein through other methods.

If I want a better liver, just eat liver?

I'm not really a fan - I'll eat beef liver occasionally. Too.. tough? Too.. metallic-y?

My dogs love it.

Not going to deny that liver is superb for your liver and body, though. Bountiful with antioxidants like Vitamin C. Great source of B12 and other B vitamins. Also high in Zinc and Vitamin A. A deficiency in Vit. A will cause night blindness.. so Liver is fantastic for your eyes.. The Greeks found that out a long time ago.

If I want a better brain just eat more brains?

Can't really help you too much there. As long as the brain is healthy and free of diseases, I'm sure there are some benefits....

I'll pass though, thank you

If you're going cannibalistic, I'd watch out for human prion diseases.. a.k.a. transmissible spongiform encephalopathies.

Happy eating,

-AA

top topics

<<   2 >>

join