It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Desmarais Dead @ 86

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Some call him "Mr. Monopoly" of Canada. He was one of the most influential businessmen in the entire nation. With influence and power which crossed over political and business family lines.

Connections to nearly every Prime Minister, businessmen like Conrad Black, elitists, the highest educational institutes. Many have written books about his life and the accumulation of wealth and power which he has been accused of increasing through back room deals and using his influence to manipulate law and long list of other things.

Paul Desmarais, one of Canada's most powerful businessmen and a self-made billionaire who befriended prime ministers and presidents, has died.

Desmarais, who transformed an ailing family-owned Sudbury bus company into a $33-billion conglomerate that straddled the world, was 86.

Ironically, his company was named Powercorp.

A shrewd entrepreneur and acquisitor, Desmarais was the long-standing CEO and chairman of Montreal-based Power Corp., the industrial and financial juggernaut, from when he took control in 1968 until well after he handed over its day-to-day management to his two sons, Paul Jr. and André, in 1996.

With an estimated personal net worth of around $4.4 billion, he was ranked the seventh-richest Canadian by Canadian Business magazine in 2012 and continued to draw a salary as chairman of Power Corp.'s executive committee.

A key member of Canada's financial elite, Desmarais was a friend and patron of a series of Quebec premiers and at least four Canadian prime ministers, namely, Pierre Trudeau, Brian Mulroney, Jean Chrétien and Paul Martin.

www.cbc.ca...

Of course everything you will read mainstream, will be sanitized, but you can find expose books if you are interested.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

His disciple is Maurice Strong. One of the hand maidens of the Global Elite.

SEE: www.slavenewworld.ca...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, all I can say is about time, but one gone is just a drop in the bucket. The mob bosses and banks made money out of nothing criminally, I guess we should praise them too? That power vacuum will be filled in short order by someone just as entangled in the political system and just as corrupt. I can think of a few more who need at least a natural "retirement," or a nudge, but whatever way they go, it's all good as long as they go ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

crimvelvet
reply to post by boncho

His disciple is Maurice Strong. One of the hand maidens of the Global Elite.

SEE: www.slavenewworld.ca...

I know Maurice from his Ontario Hydro days, sometimes he seems almost bipolar. One minute he hates the government, next minute he loves them. At least when we were talking about Chad, South Africa and External Affairs he had some coherence and he was good to talk to at the time, we were both pissed off with government at the time so conversation was like mutually fueling a machine LOL

But Maurice has turned into what appears to be Al Gores handler. A cap n trade pusher, a tax-those-peons-for-breathing type wanker. I hope he stays in China and when the revolution comes, maybe he'll get back some of what he's dished out over the years in trying to subvert society and rape it by any fraudulent means possible.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

join