It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking:Gunman Opens Fire on Federal Courthouse in West Virginia Before Being Shot By Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Why does that "on prescription meds and hearing voices" crap always come up in these type threads?

Are you serious? Because it's often the case.

As you get older you will understand how putting up with some of the crap that happens might cause you to exercise flawed logic, that doesn't mean you'll do anything stupid, just that you understand how it could influence one to make the wrong move.

Careful OP, this guy knows how old you are and makes blanket statements about the 'youngins'. Get off his lawn. I'm curious what age is the cutoff to gain such profound understanding. 30? 40? 50? How DARE you have an opinion on an anonymous board until you've reached an arbitrary number of trips around the sun!?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
DHS has all the states greedily accepting all sorts of ridiculous equipment. They can't just receive the equipment for nothing, they have to play along with DHS. Exercises, drills, more drills...fake news! Look at this pdf with photos of mass casualty response vehicles. What is that all about?
www.dhsem.wv.gov...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCypher

All nothing more than rumors you heard through the MSM and other places without any direct first -hand knowledge on your part, are you just gullible or what?.

Maybe........
edit on 9-10-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: ,jb

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thanks for that Domo. Glad to see you back to your old self again.
Still love the avatar.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So is it that FBI agent they fired just before 9/11?
en.wikipedia.org...

www.fbi.gov...
edit on 9-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I live in WV, seems all these recent shootings are all coming from REGION III area. hmm....

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Tom Piccard, the shooter, had a "threatening" note in Latin scrawled on side of his trailer, reports Glenn Bolich, WTOV9-Steubenville, Ohio.

What is the Latin note? Probably 'sic semper tyrannis'--death to tyrants!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

StallionDuck
Interesting that I'm starting to see this taking place back to back, right about now.

Seems people are getting fed up. Hmmm, I wonder what gives? Anyone have a clue? Anything?

I wonder if he "heard voices" too? Or, like a lot of americans today, have just gotten plain "fed" up with the feds.

I'm also willing to bet that it's not going to get better.

edit on 9-10-2013 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

When you read the History books about different countries that had civil wars, coups, rising ups, or any huge nation changing act, you'll find there were always a small number of preliminary acts, with one final act that is the powder keg for the rest to blow.

These things in Washington have that feel. The Mother/Driver who got freaked out about a checkpoint and got killed, the man on fire, this, all the shootings, etc.

I wonder if or what the powder keg in the states will be

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is an interesting chart:

Cycles of Violence, charted
Human cycles: History as science
www.nature.com/news/human-cycles-history-as-science-1.11078
www.nature.com...

and

This Chart Predicts Rising Violence And Unrest Around The World with comparison to GDP
www.businessinsider.com/hansjoachim-voth-on-chaos-2012-4
www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 10-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: with comparison to GDP

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
In addition to drills, watch for the shooter to have been wearing all black or camflage. That is the uniform for their manchurian candidates.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

QuantumCypher
Will be interesting to see what set him off, if he was on prescription meds or thought he was hearing voices too.

I'd say he was on meds, but had stopped taking them.

Antidepressants are designed to make people psychotic if they suddenly stopped taking them. Then they say "look what happens if you stop taking your medication", as a deceptive means of promoting the stuff.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I am from West Virginia...although I am in the Charleston area....anyway...thought I would share what my local news is saying...not that its much.

WCHS News: Wheeling Shots Fired

Wheeling Mayor Andy McKenzie says police who briefed him after Wednesday's courthouse assault told him the man was a 20-year-plus veteran of the force. He says the man retired 13 years ago.

McKenzie said the retired officer's name was not being released immediately.

U.S. marshals said the man used what they described as an assault-type rifle to fire 15 to 25 shots at the Wheeling Federal Building.

WSAZ: Retired Police Officer....

Wheeling Police Chief Shawn Schwertfeger identified the gunman in Wednesday afternoon's shooting as 55-year-old Thomas J. Piccard of Bridgeport, Ohio. He is a retired Wheeling police officer.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

JBA2848
So is it that FBI agent they fired just before 9/11?
en.wikipedia.org...

www.fbi.gov...
edit on 9-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

This so strange that this latest Wheeling, WV "shooting suspect" has the exact same name as the fired acting FBI director. The reported age of the Wheeling, WV "shooter" is 55, and the FBI guy is 63. Still it's too weird of a coincidence! Thanks for that link to "The Man Who Knew".
www.pbs.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Thanks for the link, AbleEndangered. Cliodynamics, or mass social dynamics as I commonly call it, is precisely what I do. We hit the conditions for mass civil unrest several years ago through GDP, financial instability, policy, and more. I realized it in late 2010. There is one thing the article doesn't mention which I do strongly feel has a role in why things are occurring right now and that would be apocalyptic thinking. As many as 1 in 5 believed that the world was going to end in December of 2012, regardless of religious background and I think that it also became a tone of expectation in many outside of that. A very large number of people that I observed or spoke with directly felt that a storm or a undefined something was coming. Further poor decision making by policy makers might as well have been the equivalent of pouring gas upon the public. Some of it was a pure reactionary response to what is occurring.

For most people, they are more flexible to these kind of situations and forms of thinking but some may break. Suicides, murder/suicides, and violent attacks are all likely to be on the increase. This is not stuff that I'm just pulling out of thin air. I truly wish it were. My advice to all of you is to form support networks amongst your peers and neighbors. Seems trite but never underestimate the power of human companionship.
edit on 10/10/13 by WhiteAlice because: in the morning before I finish my coffee, I might as well be an illiterate zombie....coffee beeeeeeeeeans....

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I had to take a bunch of prerequisite courses in college after I got out of the military, subjects I would likely never have studied otherwise.

Psychology, Criminology, Early childhood development and more as prerequisite to get a degree/diploma in a medical field, many years after college these things that they tried to teach me back then began to manifest themselves in my observations of the world.

It's easy to see the problem, most are in denial or do not have the capacity to even see it, even if it jumped up and bit them right in the ass and ripped off a chunk of flesh....DENIAL....

One facet of Freedom is being free to live out one's lives in a cocoon of ignorance if one chooses that type of life, and those who would take advantage of the ignorant are free to take advantage also.

A lot of people are acting up for a lot of different layers of reasons, I'm not even going to attempt to go into detail for fear of only starting an argument, since everything is relative and everyone has a different way of expressing the same ideas with a flawed form of communication....MISUNDERSTANDING....

It's a crazy world and it has always been a crazy world, all of these mass shootings and so on are nothing new, same old stuff, new technology.

I sometimes wonder if the internet and instantaneous communication are really a good thing, like so many becoming convinced the world was going to end last year.......If only they would not have known, like back in the 70's, maybe the pent up anxiety from thinking the world would end when it didn't end is part of this "acting out" we are seeing.

A lot of it could even be attributed to boredom, technology has replaced our need to worry about preparing for the different seasons, getting food, transportation, entertainment, shelter, now it is even becoming obvious to more that those jobs didn't go to China, they're just GONE, replaced by technological advancements and automation....

edit on 10-10-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: typo

edit on 10-10-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: vat

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Psychology, criminal psychology, sociology, philosophy, economics, statistics, and analysis here. On top of it, kid's program that also discussed this sort of thing and my grandfather was a charming bloke who thought that Archie comics and a book on behavioral profiling were the only books needed for a children's guest room. I have an embarrassing number of college credits--seriously. Sometimes I can understand why my father may have given me the temporary boot from college. I was having way too good of a time at his expense. Ended up with two degrees but neither of those used even half of my credits, lol...Yeah...

I completely understand your reluctance at picking out specifics as I've been on the receiving end of some heated words. I think the problem is that people, if they are lumped into a same kind of "profile" as another, they automatically assume that they are being accused of doing the same reprehensible action as that specific individual when that is absolutely not the case. These kind of people are not the norm and not even the norm of any specific ideological group. They are truly outliers in their behavior. If everyone who thought that A and B are true were likely to act the same as a violent offender who also thought that A and B were true, then we'd not be leaving our houses at all anymore. It'd be total chaos and that's not the case. That's why I say that it literally takes a "perfect storm" scenario to create one of these people who are willing to lash out at society or government in a severe way.

I think that the apocalyptic thinking for 2012 was nearly inescapable as it stretched well beyond just the internet. It was also pushed a lot by the media because nothing sells like sensationalist fear. I used to do some minor work for Graham Hancock, who wrote Fingerprints of the Gods. His intention was to basically stir the pot of thinking as he felt that people were getting stagnant. FotG featured the Mayan apocalypse. I remember initially agreeing with him that things were awfully stagnant but I was extremely troubled the first time I saw someone post on his forums asking for where Graham thought was a safe place to be for the 2012 event because they were loading up on Ensure, had bought a RV, and more around 2002. That really troubled me and I ended up parting ways with Graham. On December 21, 2012, I was so distressed by how many people I saw who believed that the end was nigh, I made a decision to join a chat room where such beliefs were prevalent and tried to perform triage for the entirety of the night. It was the least I could do for my albeit small contribution to the damage.

It is not all Graham's fault as there were plenty of other vehicles promoting the Mayan apocalypse so I'm definitely not pointing the finger of blame in his direction. Graham is actually a very nice and very intelligent man who means well. The whole 2012 thing was actually an idea that I firmly believe came into being back in the 70's and early 80's. Terence McKenna, Rupert Sheldrake and Ralph Abraham were postulating about how apocalyptic thinking, including the utilization of 2012/Time Wave Zero theories, could be used to promote a paradigm shift in thinking. i call it the Hippy Plot.

I've come to some pretty similar conclusions in regards to the internet and information. I think that it is accelerating issues with information overload and could actually promote an addiction to information through the brain's natural dopamine response. Basically, when a person locates new information, their brain responds with a release of dopamine and that gives that "ah ha!" feeling along with improving clarity and etc. Too much dopamine and the brain may become desensitized to it, emulating perhaps a low dopamine problem. Low dopamine can lead to decreased cognitive function, weight gain, depression, compulsive behavior and more. Sound familiar?

Kind of funny though that we're discussing this on the internet though, eh? But I imagine that you're here discussing the internet side of the coin for the same reason that I am.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Not quite exact, the suspected shooter is Piccard and the "Man Who Knew" is Pickard.

Penny

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've noticed an increasing tendency by police to order people out of their homes on the slightest pretext, which we see in this case.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Residents in the neighborhood around Piccard's trailer home in Bridgeport... were told to leave while police searched Piccard's home, although authorities didn't give a reason for the evacuation.

Can such a demand be legally enforced? I don't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join