It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking:Gunman Opens Fire on Federal Courthouse in West Virginia Before Being Shot By Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
An ex-police officer opened fire on a federal courthouse building this afternoon. Witnesses are saying he got off 25-30 shots before being shot.

wvmetronews.com...
This article says he was shot and killed by police.

bigstory.ap.org...
This article says he was taken to the hospital with life threatening injuries.

They say there was only one injury, a security guard who was hit by debris.

Asked if the gunman had any beef with the U.S. government, Claxton said, "We're really digging hard at this point to find out."

Will be interesting to see what set him off, if he was on prescription meds or thought he was hearing voices too.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCypher

Only if he left a trace of it in his home or told friends as he is now deceased. I do find it kind of interesting that the question of whether or not he had a beef with the USG is even coming up. He was firing at a federal building. That he was unhappy about something federal is kind of a given there.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Interesting that I'm starting to see this taking place back to back, right about now.

Seems people are getting fed up. Hmmm, I wonder what gives? Anyone have a clue? Anything?

I wonder if he "heard voices" too? Or, like a lot of americans today, have just gotten plain "fed" up with the feds.

I'm also willing to bet that it's not going to get better.

edit on 9-10-2013 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Looked up your sources and fox. 3 different stories. 1 states 15-20 shots another states 25-30. Killed and or critically injured, life threatening injuries. A hunting rifle?

Here's what kdka.com Pittsburgh is saying

Shooter is Tom Piccard. Off the force of 15 yrs. Used an assault rifle. Shooting from parking area across from the courthouse. DHS is on scene.

That's all I got for now.

Thanks for posting this.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

QuantumCypher

Will be interesting to see what set him off, if he was on prescription meds or thought he was hearing voices too.

MK ULTRA mind control designed to support gun confiscation by Obama and friends.
Yeah I went there.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The writing is on the wall folks.
Things are about to get crazy.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Local news WTOV9 just said that the former officer was shot and killed by law enforcement. Apparently, the FBI will be taking jurisdiction of the case.

www.wtov9.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Why does that "on prescription meds and hearing voices" crap always come up in these type threads?, did anyone ever consider that the guy just got pissed off and made a bad decision?, oh no, couldn't be that now....

As you get older you will understand how putting up with some of the crap that happens might cause you to exercise flawed logic, that doesn't mean you'll do anything stupid, just that you understand how it could influence one to make the wrong move.

The world is arranged in such a fashion as to appear to intentionally trip one up, sometimes people can't take it anymore, sometimes they drink, sometimes they do drugs, sometimes they snap and beat their wives, sometimes they run out and shoot stuff up with a gun....

It's like a lot of people on here are parrots and repeat things they hear on TV or MSM.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

It is possible he had a beef with someone in particular in the courthouse. Or maybe this was his way to insure suicide by cop, or even become some kind of "celebrity."
We'll have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Yeah, they are starting to happen more frequently now. We'll have to wait and see what they tell us the reason is. But I'll bet it's used to push more gun control legislation.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Thanks for the update. I would have done more digging, but it's time to feed the little nippers their dinner, and they weren't in the mood to wait any longer.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

And here I thought it was the HAARP station that came back online last month beaming activation codes into the implant in his head that was put there by the alien overlords our government is working with.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't believe it's real. Show me a body! Every city in America is obsessed with "active shooter drills", Wheeling, WV is no exception. Always an "assault type weapon" involved. "Shooter" always dead. And the media is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the government. So I doubt everything now.
wocema.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainEnigma

There are also reports that DHS on the scene. FBI is taking jurisdiction over DHS on this one? I find that a little odd.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Why does that "on prescription meds and hearing voices" crap always come up in these type threads?

because it is a conman denominator in the cases of late. seems like a reasonable question to ask.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

QuantumCypher
reply to post by MountainEnigma

There are also reports that DHS on the scene. FBI is taking jurisdiction over DHS on this one? I find that a little odd.

It's not real. Just another first responder drill/exercise being reported as reality. I'm not from Missouri, but I like their state motto. Show me a body!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Kinda fishy, a former cop with target practice fires off whichever number above 20 is right and doesn't hit anyone killing or injuring them. Sounds like suicide by cops. I don't know maybe he was financially messed and insurance was the only way to care for family or whatever if they even pay for this type of situation?

I am not meaning to play down the seriousness of this, but i think if he really meant to harm anyone, he would have? Sad to think that some people lives take this direction and nobody sees it coming.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Well, first let me begin by saying don't talk down to me like you know my age. Might even be older than you. Just because I have a perspective you don't agree with doesn't mean I'm a 20-something in my mommies basement.

As for your question as to why we immediately jump to hearing voices and meds, let me spell it out for you.
Navy Yard Shooter-Thought he was being mind controlled, he was hearing voices.
DC lady killed in front of white house- Thougtht Obama was electronically stalking her, clinically depressed (read, on meds)
Adam Lanza- Authorities won't release details of what psychiatric meds he was on
James Holmes, Aurora Theater Shooter- On psych meds

And if you notice, the first thing I quoted was the officer saying they weren't sure if this was a beef with the federal government.

Yes, sometimes people do bad things for bad reasons, but the recent string of high profile shootings had 2 common themes. Psychiatric drugs and mind control/hearing voices. And since this is a conspiracy board, I didn't see the issue in bringing them up.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Mikeultra
I don't believe it's real. Show me a body! Every city in America is obsessed with "active shooter drills", Wheeling, WV is no exception. Always an "assault type weapon" involved. "Shooter" always dead. And the media is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the government. So I doubt everything now.
wocema.com...

Likely, when i saw DHS was on scene that pretty much sussed it.
It's not like they have stations everywhere and can get on scene in minutes.
They only show up for planned events and large emergencies.
Another drill another news cycle.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Any reports that they were running a drill today? So far they haven't tried to hide it when they have been, and you're right, when that's the case it does kind of seem a little fishy...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join