It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia police probed for killing man after 911 was called over diabetes medication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Published on Oct 8, 2013

"Two officers in Georgia are have been placed on administrative leave and are being investigated by the Georgia Bureau of Investigations after the Friday shooting of a man whose family had called 911 over a possible suicide attempt.

Alcia Herron told First Coast News that she called 911 requesting an ambulance because she was concerned about diabetes medications taken by her fiance, 43-year-old Jack Lamar Roberson.

But police said that they had been informed that the man had become combative while the ambulance was en route so officers were sent instead.

Georgia police probed for killing man after 911 was called over diabetes medication

This story absolutely sickens me!

If I was living in America, I'd be too scared to rely on the police to actually HELP in similar circumstances as a above...what happened to the use of non-lethal force?

The Young Turks also aren't impressed:

Diabetic Killed By Police After 911 Call For Help

It's not the first time that police have reacted with deadly force when confronted with someone suffering from a diabetic reaction: Man cops killed was in diabetic shock

The police are surely quickly becoming our ENEMY!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have been diabetic for awhile now and have gone into shock on 3 occasions. I can attest that when you are in shock your reason is gone out the window. You get belligerent and argumentative. The one time I went into shock I was at the gym and the people there were trying to give me orange juice to drink but I kept refusing to drink it and was pushing people away saying it bothered my stomach to drink it. You kind of lose your grip on reality, at least for me it was that way. It was like my mind was leaving my body. That being said there was no reason to shoot someone. That is just terrible.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure where this is based on the video, but I fully agree with the Turks and the OP.

Living in Georgia, now for a bit over a year, I have experienced the police first-hand. I've been pulled over for no reason, told because "It's illegal in Georgia to make u-turns" and issued two tickets, one for the u-turn and one for a damaged side side signal light which I repaired that night. Of course, the u-turn story was a lie, I found out but they're apparently allowed to lie and issue tickets which I have been unable to deal with because when i went to court with my photos and evidence that the u-turn happened neither on a hill or on a curve nor impeded traffic, I was told by the strangely angry judge, who displayed all the chicken-neck attitude you'd expect of a Jerry Springer guest, that it was "Bonded over to superior", and when I asked what that meant, she yelled her instructions again, to leave because it was in superior, and a second time explained I wasn't sure what that meant and why could i not be seen that day, she yelled at me to get out of her court. To this day, I have not been able to find out where this case was to be heard and likely they've just default judged it against me.

I was also harassed for talking on my phone in a supermarket parking lot, in my parked car while my fiance went in to use the bathroom because the cop said "You parked in a suspicious place", and I laughed and asked if that was against the law, to park in the first available spot. he demanded my ID, for which I refused and told my fiance not to either as he came out of the store a few moments later. So, in order to "find a reason" to arrest us they called for backup, three more cars came, one cop went into the store to ask the manager to say that we were trespassing and we'd only been in town an hour or so and in the parking lot three minutes. The manager said we were not trespassing and they were pissed, yelled at me to "Get out of here and don't come back" and then drove off. (yeah I stood up for myself and the bullies threw a tantrum)

I was arrested here "because they can" and know that once you get arrested, it's over for them. Once they drop you off, as long as they don't damage you, OOPS, our bad, you're free to go, but in the meantime you sit there waiting to be bailed (pray you know someone locally, because as I was new to the area, I didn't) because if nobody bails you, you'll sit there until you get a hearing and in the meantime, you are one more number on the county's roster and they make a tidy sum of money to keep you in jail EVERY DAY, while treating you like an animal, ignoring requests, feeding you things I wouldn't feed a dog.

I'm from all over. I've lived in NYC, Alaska, Canada, The Caribbean, Texas; My advice, if you've never been to Georgia, DON'T come here. If you're here, MOVE! They police-state conversion is happening everywhere, but I've never seen it so singularly personified in the jumped up tough-guys wearing badges in Georgia. As a final note, Dekalb County, has so many lawsuits against it for misconduct (a cop word for being a scumbag POS thug/murderer) and lost so many cases, that's it's -bankrupt- but seems recently their solution is to hire MORE police on the taxpayer nickle and give more tickets and make more arrests from the same people who footed the bill to ire the cops. Round and round it goes.

"The reality is, we have to be more aggressive to slow our rate of attrition and make it clear we demand first responders on our streets," interim CEO Lee May said in proposing his ambitious hiring plan. "We can't afford not to do this."

Cost will be an issue for the plan, May's first since taking over the county's top job this summer from suspended CEO Burrell Ellis.

So far, the only part of May's proposal that is covered is the $980,000 price tag for a one-time 3 percent bonus he is proposing for 1,700 first responders now serving DeKalb. Money in savings would cover the bonus.

Yeah, we need more "aggression". Solid subtext. Pfft!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Okay...so I am NOT a diabetic- however an ambulance was called after a low blood sugar and overheating incident that left me in a state that I hope to never be in again. I appeared to be possessed.

Let me interject by also stating that I am a psychology major.
I DO NOT have any abnormal psychological issues.

I was extremely combative.

The police arrived first.
The officer was a complete asshole.

As soon as he entered our home he had the attitude that I was a drug addict.
He did not ask me if I was okay (by this time-and after an orange juice and an ice pack I was back to normal-albeit embarrassed). He immediately asked (in a VERY smarmy way) why I decided to be difficult and kick tables over and how long I've had "issues". He then proceeded to ask me how much meth I've smoked that day.

As my fiance and I tried to explain that I have not had the chance to eat and that I got overheated from work (I deliver and install and repair treadmills, ellipticals, etc) he insisted on looking around our residence for drugs. He was not the least concerned with my health or condition AT ALL.

As it turns out...I was also having issues with my thyroid. The lack of food and overheating aggravated this otherwise unknown medical condition. The surge of adrenalin affected me in a way that made me seem like a crazy person for about 15 minutes. I DON"T DO DRUGS- I DON"T DRINK. I hope that this never happens again, but if it does-I'd rather wait it out and treat it at home with orange juice than to ever call 911 in my town again.

I don't know what is happening to our police officers...but it would seem that the younger ones are assholes. I normally like cops-I actually get along swimmingly with them.

I've seen this same attitude on other occasions and in other situations.

EVERYONE IS A CRIMINAL.
EVERYONE IS A DRUG ADDICT.

I still have respect for any officer who is an officer for the right reasons...because they want to help. Not hurt or pre-judge.

I am proud to say that the officers I am friends with are outstanding. We need more of them and less nazis.

I wonder how many good people now have records that will follow them for the rest of their lives.

IT'S JUST NOT THE RIGHT WAY TO DEAL WITH THE PUBLIC.

Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aptrgangr

I have to agree. I am from North Carolina. WIlmington to be exact-COPTOWN. One cop per person. Five different police entities: State Troopers
SHerriffs
Wilmington Police Department
Carolina Beach Police
Wrightsville Beach Police

That's just in the city limits.
There's this "new" thing being seen now of late: Civil authorities. What the hell??? They have their own cars...uniforms...GUNS...who ARE these guys???

They talk to people like I was talked to on Parriss Island- since when do cops talk to people like they're marine recruits???

"DId I tell you to talk???"
"Did I tell you to put your license away???"

I was leaving another beachtown the other night and saw a cop standing outside his car with his arms crossed at the entrance to the town...like he was saying "I dare you to enter this town." What kind of "Walking Tall" BS is this lately???

Who do we call when we need help?

My police officer friends do not agree with this NEW attitude.
They don't like the newer police officers and their way of dealing with people.

Something is amiss.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Yes I do feel that there ARE decent police but they're rare and they often find it very veyr hard to do their jobs honestly with the pressure from those around them. CopWatch.org makes a case for this on a DAILY basis. I'm not sure what these "Civil Officers" are but it sounds like the Nazi Youth corp of brown-shirts.

I find that having zero fear of death allows me to speak to police in turn and as long as I don't appear frightened of their pit-bull tactics, they shrink up like a pair of balls in ice water, but then again, I'm kinda spooky intimidating myself.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Tickets and DUI are big cash cows for any city. $125 for pulling out of a parking lot before placing a seat belt on happened to a friend of mine etc etc. Somewhere along the line it would appear that some cities or enforcers have gotten the idea if they have to respond, just dig a little maybe there will be something else they can find to milk money out of you and get you in the system. On the surface, for profit prisons sounded good and would save the tax payers money... Instead IMO they have allowed kick backs and corruption to flourish at all levels of the judicial system in the states..

I usually, when overseas, ask about the lay of the land, as far as government and law enforcement. I kid you not, a very large percentage reply "they are thieves" and sometimes add a few other choice words ..... overseas it depends on the city or local yokels in charge..... by some of the threads around here it would appear to be the same gig is going down in the states.. .
edit on 9-10-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the interesting responses, all of which confirm an alarming pattern of a growing and aggressive pattern of police using extreme measures, without confirming the situation, as well as exceeding their authority in many cases, in the hope of finding evidence of some other misdemeanor that further revenues can be generated from!

Is it not getting to that stage where so many minor (stupid) laws are now in place, that we are leaving in near fear that will make a mistake, and come into contact with thugs (cops) that want to HARM or at least FINE you?

When are the people going to finally push back?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

SpaceJockey1

When are the people going to finally push back?

When the blackouts hit. Why? because the television and the cell phones and the internet and the cinema will stop. When those stop, the brain MIGHT light up in the masses. They'll have to go outside, they'll see they have neighbors, they'll talk to their neighbors and start seeing them as people and when the pigs start cracking skulls of your neighbor or the old guy down the street and the population isn't being zombified by the great God: Media, someone will start it and bum rush the cop, then another, then you'll start to see the riots...

And riots, is likely what we will need in the beginning. It's what the people will need to see, that it's POSSIBLE to disobey and then they'll see the fangs of their goodly and benevolent government far sharper than they see it now. THAT is when we will all be able to fight it, once and for all.

Or maybe I should just go watch some Fox News and eat a bucket of lard.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The police force has been militarized in the face of civil unrest and the policies that have been created that the government knew would create civil unrest. The "good" cops you're talking about mostly come from those that have been officers for over 15 years before tasing you for sneezing and shooting you for driving 10 over became the norm.

8x more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist, now, thats a fact, anyone still not believe it? When was the last time Al-Qaeda pulled you over?
edit on 9-10-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Couldn't have said it better!

The War on TERROR was really just an excuse to create a War on CITIZENS...

How dumb are people that they still haven't put all the OBVIOUS pieces together yet?

Just as an aside...I watched a video on the Young Turks TY channel that was discussing the recent biker attack on the family in the SUV, and they mentioned that one of the arrested had over 31 convictions, yet they could list many citizens (minor offenses), that had been given lengthy 3-strikes sentences, but this guy keeps getting a slap on the wrist! I see a pattern here....

Basically they want the lowlifes out there to keep us in FEAR of hardened criminal (aka we 'need' the cops), and they want us also in FEAR of the justice system, to keep us in line!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Helious
The police force has been militarized in the face of civil unrest and the policies that have been created that the government knew would create civil unrest. The "good" cops you're talking about mostly come from those that have been officers for over 15 years before tasing you for sneezing and shooting you for driving 10 over became the norm.

Agreed. The old school police who have seen and experienced REAL crime know the difference between an elderly man holding a curtain rod and a man who has just knifed a woman he's pimping in the belly because she got preggers. They KNOW how to scale their reaction and when to not do anything at all, when to simply say, "Hey look, be careful okay?" or help someone change a tire rather than cite them for parking legally on the freeway.

When was the last time Al-Qaeda pulled you over?

I'm not even convinced they exist. And if they do, they are our allies this week and have ALWAYS been our allies. Doubleplus-good, Brother!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by aptrgangr

The sad truth with America today is that our governments policies both foreign and domestic have left the vast majority of American citizens and much of the rest of the world at odds with our governments integrity, core values and charter. Rightfully so.

I don't go too far to say that many of the agendas that have been pushed and laws that have been passed could have been a blueprint from Germany directly before Hitler wrested power from the rightful government. He promised the world and offered hope and change to the German people who were downtrodden and easily manipulated. He swore that the changes and laws that would be enacted would be for the good and benefit of the German people and millions of people believed him.

Then, once he took the guns, once he had every citizen in the country so scared for their own lives and those of their families, once he had one neighbor informing the government about the other neighbors dissent out of fear he committed the largest act of Genocide the world has ever seen, had women and men who were not deemed worthy in the government's eyes forcibly sterilized and terrorized the world for the better part of a decade.

People that don't study history in America wonder why some of us are so concerned about our civil liberties, our freedoms and our Constitution, well, if they had been paying attention, they would know why. America is transitioning into Nazi Germany, it is happening on a slower more unnoticable scale but for every agenda implemented and brought into law against the will of the American people, so is another law that seeks to further control them, through propaganda or force. What is happening is nothing new, nor astounding, it is what history does and those who follow it and use their brain to critically think instead of relying on CNN or FOX to do it for them already know what we have become.

The one thing America lacks to fully implement what it wants is the perfect speaker, the lynch pin. Lucky for us, people as mesmerizing and so capable of mass influence through nothing but speech as Hitler was are not a dime a dozen. Those that roll the ball thought Obama could fill that gap and they couldn't of been more wrong, the failure of putting him in place during the greatest period of transition of planned governmental power is creating backlash on an epic scale because people do not believe Obama nor do they believe in the governments fascist agendas and that is becoming more apparent each and every day.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

join