It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hangover cure found!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

my favorite remedy was fried chicken and a tallcan of 211,

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Tried it many times. Sprite has worked for my stomach in the past. But it doesn't work for a hangover... It helps hydrate you, but for me greesy food works the best.

I guess everyone is different in that regard.

Still interesting none the less.

ETA: My Dad always used to say, "the best way to cure a hangover it to keep drinkin" Obviously doesn't always work. But when I was hungover really bad after a friends party. I had two cans a beer left over and I drank them the next day and my hangover was gone... Prolly not healthy but it worked.

-SAP-
edit on 9-10-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sprite is about the only thing I can keep down if I'm insanely hungover. I don't really get headaches, just nauseous. The only other things I can stand if I'm pukey are Limonata and Ginger Ale. The bubbles, they soothe me.

Vitamins, an aspirin and water before bed seems to be old reliable for me. I don't know why but I've always had to drink at least 5 glasses of water a night, sober or drunk which is why I think I don't ever get headaches. I can't actually remember the last headache I've had from either drinking or anything else.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

If i drink a couple glasses of water before crashing, and maybe keep some water near by, it generally keeps a hangover from happening.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Domo1
Sprite is about the only thing I can keep down if I'm insanely hungover. I don't really get headaches, just nauseous. The only other things I can stand if I'm pukey are Limonata and Ginger Ale. The bubbles, they soothe me.

Vitamins, an aspirin and water before bed seems to be old reliable for me. I don't know why but I've always had to drink at least 5 glasses of water a night, sober or drunk which is why I think I don't ever get headaches. I can't actually remember the last headache I've had from either drinking or anything else.

You obviously aren't staring at enough spreadsheet for enough hours.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Greetings,

I just drink a LOT of water before "passing out" and more whenever I get up to squirt in the night.
By the time morning rolls by, it's not really that bad.
(Sometimes I use a 50-50 mixture of distilled water and organic apple juice for electrolytes and I HIGHLY recommend this for ANYONE who prefers to use Gatorade for whatever reason.)
It doesn't "cure" a hangover per-se but its primarily the dehydration that causes the feeling in the first place. Lots of water reduces that "just hit by a truck" sensation to that of "they only winged me".
A hangover is just your bodies way of telling you "you almost poisoned yourself last night" and to be honest, I wouldn't want to lose that sensation entirely or I'd have become a full blown alcoholic decades before I did.
That said, I drink maybe 3-4 times a year now and I prefer to drink alone.
(It usually consists of a 26 ounce bottle of Ol' Number Seven over a 24 hour period. Single malt scotch is the only other drink I can accept in the absence of J.D. and always "neat" regardless of what I am putting down my gullet)

-Amitaba-
edit on 10-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

edit on 10-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Forgot Something

top topics

<< 1   >>

join