It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never thought I'd do it, but I dont see a choice here...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

either the ELites:

a.) think the USA has the power to borrow back all the wealth then give the finger to china and co. and that our military is still B.A. enough to lock it down

OR

b.) will rape the USA, leave us as the patsy and run off with the spoils while the world has turned against us and come looking for whatever we have left.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

JakiusFogg
reply to post by exiteternity

What is happening in the US has the potential to destroy us all. Im not american either. But this has to come to an end. Trouble is I do not agree with upping the debt limit either. That would solve nothing.

The US is in deep trouble as in the words of Full Metal Jacket

It's a huge # sandwich, and we're all going to have to take a bite!

Even you!

At this stage it has to get raised, but that is only the first step. The second step is trying to figure out why we need to raise it. I have stated the reasons multiple times. Welfare statism caused by lack of jobs and an overblown military industrial complex that needs war once or twice per decade. Everything else is bull#.
edit on 9/10/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
People are acting ridiculous about all of this - let alone politicians.

The red versus blue vitriol is the worst I've ever seen - to the point of being down right scary.

Sometimes I think they all WANT the general populace to over-react or revolt.

It's like everything is frothing up and hardening - like a vortex it is getting increasingly difficult to not get sucked into the rabble of it all.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

im sorry but i dont see how that answers my question what the op picutre of his backyard with a flag means
i never said it didnt know what is going on in us
i just asked what the picure meant in the OP, and therefore what the OP is about

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

yes i read it. but didnt notice it was upside down, and didnt realise how a flag could mean something.
but ok so if an american turns flag upside down, he gains 50 stars on ATS. i cant understand the meaning of this and why it should matter for so many people ! it amazes me this thread

i dont know its a strange world over there
edit on 9-10-2013 by exiteternity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by exiteternity

This obviously is not the thread for you. You have no understanding of the principles it's based upon, nor do you have an interest in learning those principles and the deep feelings many have for their Country, Homeland...whatever you want to call it.

Thank you for dropping by and filling space, though....

Des

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

benrl

thesaneone

Or if we think positive and turn things around we can get the government to fear us.

Never show the government that we feel weak or helpless turn that flag right side up and be proud to be an American.

BS, the flag should be displayed in this manner anywhere a proud american lives.

The only way it would be otherwise was if that "Pride" blinded them to the current realities in america, the government should fear a mass display of such nation wide.

Ah yes, the winning logic that had so many proudly displaying swastikas during the third reich. Listen, if America has been perverted by the people running it, beyond recognition, you are not flying a flag for America anymore, you are flying it for that perversion.

If every single person turned their flag upside down, simply to state, "This is not my country, because my country isn't supposed to look like this" people might get the idea.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

exiteternity

yes i read it. but didnt notice it was upside down, and didnt realise how a flag could mean something.
but ok so if an american turns flag upside down, he gains 50 stars on ATS. i cant understand the meaning of this and why it should matter for so many people ! it amazes me this thread

i dont know its a strange world over there
edit on 9-10-2013 by exiteternity because: (no reason given)

It is a symbol used internationally to signal distress. Are you a female that doesn't get involved with politics much? Getting 50 flags is a bit low imho, should be about 200. The OP is brave to do such an act even if it is a bit premature yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This site is quickly becoming like that "God-like" site....full of crap that doesn't MEAN anything. How in the hell does a thread about some guy turning his flag upside down land on the front page anyway? Like this is the first time its been done or something? I don't get it.

Is this a special flag? A special person perhaps? Oh...maybe upon seeing this guys flag, the government will see the error of their ways!?? No wait...the flag is actually an alien flag from Andromeda and has the power to open a worm hole with which the reptilians will flood out of to save us?

While I get the why's for turning the flag upside down...it seems the OP is about a decade too late and since it isn't an original idea, I have a hard time with this cluttering up the front page of an alternative news forum.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I'm sorry he is just making a statement nothing to do with bravery.

I am not trying to knock the op he is making his statement and I applaud him.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

thesaneone
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I'm sorry he is just making a statement nothing to do with bravery.

I am not trying to knock the op he is making his statement and I applaud him.

Well he is brave because lots of people will interpret it the wrong way, either through ignorance or on purpose.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

imasheep
This site is quickly becoming like that "God-like" site....full of crap that doesn't MEAN anything. How in the hell does a thread about some guy turning his flag upside down land on the front page anyway? Like this is the first time its been done or something? I don't get it.

Is this a special flag? A special person perhaps? Oh...maybe upon seeing this guys flag, the government will see the error of their ways!?? No wait...the flag is actually an alien flag from Andromeda and has the power to open a worm hole with which the reptilians will flood out of to save us?

While I get the why's for turning the flag upside down...it seems the OP is about a decade too late and since it isn't an original idea, I have a hard time with this cluttering up the front page of an alternative news forum.

Pretty sure what fills the front page are topics getting the most action. Most flags. Most stars maybe, I don't know.

This thread was not created long ago. It is bubbling over right now. It's on the front page for a reason. Uh, deal with it?

Regards,

-AA

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by imasheep

Is this a special flag? A special person perhaps? Oh...maybe upon seeing this guys flag, the government will see the error of their ways!??

No, it's not a special flag or a special guy, and that's the point he is an everyman, like you or me or any one of us who is fed up with the idiocy of our' leaders' on whatever level it is displayed.

The lies, the blatant corruption, the theft of property, and trampling of freedoms are what is being highlighted by the flag in the inverse position.

Yes, our country has been in danger for decades. Yes, people should have woken up before this.

But because 'it's been done' means it shouldn't be continued or spread? Where's the logic in that?

Homer, f'n way to go man. I salute you and your message!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I don't have an American Flag , but I am married to an American so in Lue of that I shall post my poem once again for your thread.

(post by imasheep removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
You will be complaining about "the government" and blame your arch-enemy Obama until hell will freeze over. But you fail to see that this nation is NOT brought down by "the government" or your enemy Obama, but MAINLY by corporates and banks.

All the corporates who refuse to pay for health-care and prefer to outsource to Kashif in Pakistan are probably LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK seeing how 95% of you guys *think* that Obama is the reason for all the US's problems.

Most of you Obama-haters are so brain-washed that you will freely accept into slavery and work your backs crooked for minimum-wage FOR THE CORPORATES....while shaking your fists toward Obama. How is it that if you need to take a second or third job (because you get not paid enough)..and may possibly still not have health-insurance and barely any free time....and *continue* to shake your fists toward "the government" while slaving away for the profit of your boss/corporate. In fact, you might be bowing down to them and "thank them" that you even have a job, correct?
edit on 32013RuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago10PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

Newsflash: Obama is the left hand of the banksters and corporatists who are enslaving this nation. All the Obamatons play "Heil to the Chief" while shaking their fists at the corporations without realizing they are one and the same. Republicans, Democrats, it doesn't matter, they both play for the same team. It's no different than professional wrestling, yell and scream and fight for the audience, then shake hands backstage and say "good show" all while receiving their checks from the same employer.

All over this country the flag should be flown upside down. Good on you Homer, I hope it spreads.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

And it is them the Government current and past that let this happen you speak of. So yes they are who I blame.

And to the OP. I totally agree with your opening post. Applause from me to you and a big thumbs up.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

imasheep
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I'm not going to call you a shill, I'm not going to say anything negative, youre entitled to your opinion, I will just agree to disagree. Thats okay too.
Because I havent stood in front of a tank makes my anger any less? I'm doing things PEACEFULLY, and by following the laws of the land
edit on Wed Oct 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by imasheep

It also says to those same puppets and puppeteers that soon, if things don't change a change will be made.

If enough people got fed up enough to march (peacefully) on congress and walk in to the chambers, tell them that they were all fired, along will all of the career bureaucrats, and then told the fed the same thing, that might be a tiny start.

I agree that the odds of any action actually taking place are slim but it certainly seems like the government is sticking it's chin out and daring the citizenry to take a swing...

or more likely:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Funny youre saying that, a few veteran buddies and myself are working on a petition to force a recall election

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join