It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never thought I'd do it, but I dont see a choice here...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You will be complaining about "the government" and blame your arch-enemy Obama until hell will freeze over. But you fail to see that this nation is NOT brought down by "the government" or your enemy Obama, but MAINLY by corporates and banks.

All the corporates who refuse to pay for health-care and prefer to outsource to Kashif in Pakistan are probably LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK seeing how 95% of you guys *think* that Obama is the reason for all the US's problems.

Most of you Obama-haters are so brain-washed that you will freely accept into slavery and work your backs crooked for minimum-wage FOR THE CORPORATES....while shaking your fists toward Obama. How is it that if you need to take a second or third job (because you get not paid enough)..and may possibly still not have health-insurance and barely any free time....and *continue* to shake your fists toward "the government" while slaving away for the profit of your boss/corporate. In fact, you might be bowing down to them and "thank them" that you even have a job, correct?
edit on 32013RuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago10PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Okay. This is what Senator Mike Crapo had to say.

"Well, in the short term, first of all, I think that any such default would be short because I don't think either party would allow that to last. I don't think it'll happen, but if it did it would be very short...It all depends on what it generated. If it generates some real progress toward entitlement reform and getting tax reform teed up for activity, then I think that's one of the best things that could happen for young people."

See that reveals what could be going on with a lot of Republicans in congress, they see the default as a positive thing because it will mean less government.

The Democrats are probably thinking that they should let the default happen at this point in order to affect the Republicans' reputation.

So I think it is going to happen. Although the thing is, it is one of those things, it is probably going to be a lot worse than people in congress think.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I added my "Don't tread on me" flag under the American flag. I'll post another pic in a minute.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Are you sure this gesture will be recognised?

Most people in England can't even hang a union jack the right way up. Why would the US people know which way up the stars n stripes is hung?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hello Homer,

I applaud your action, because at least you've done something! I like in military base housing, and I am sure that if I followed suit it would certainly cause a ruckus in the neighborhood. Out of curiosity, I posted this topic in a local wives group here, just to get a feel for how people would respond to such an act. I was, of course, disappointed. For every 2 people who thought it was a great idea, there were 4 that disapproved, calling it disrespectful to the flag. Although I asked the naysayers what they felt would be a better way to show our unhappiness with the state of the country today, none had a single answer. I guess they would rather do nothing.

I suspect that if I flew the flag upside down, I would probably have a housing citation hanging on my door within an hour. I am going to do some more research on the base policies so that I can make an informed decision about whether or not I am going to do the same as you.

I did want to mention this: I had not logged on to ATS in months, because I had a bout of paranoia and hoped that inactivity on the site might be a brownie point for me, lol.

I was so moved by the fact that someone, you, had taken the smallest action to demonstrate your feelings, that I just had to log on and comment. So thanks for getting me active on ATS again!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Anyone who believes that this shutdown nonsense is anything more than a bit of political theater, designed to distract the public, is a special kind of stupid.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

May your wings be lifted above the turbulent sea's of your Governments corruption.

To sore free and proud like the Eagle of your nation.

To see with clarity all this abomination.

edit on 9-10-2013 by Pinkorchid because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding melodramatic, this is how peaceful revolutions start.

I would assume everyone who flies a flag on their lawn would be a proud and patriotic American, Imagine if every proud and patriotic American knew how pissed off every other proud and patriotic American felt.
It could be the worlds biggest display of disgust with a government ever!!!!!

It would be a clear and overwhelming show of how many people are unhappy with the whole mess and that maybe its time for a fresh start, if everywhere you went all you saw was upside down flags TPTB can either try and hide away with what they have or truly reveal itself by starting to arrest or shoot you all.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
After reading this thread, I mentioned the flag flipping to my other half and proceeded to jump in the shower.

By the time I got out, our flag was flipped.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Not the best pic, but the wind has died down. If the wind pics back up, I'll snap another pic. Thank you Homer for starting this trend. I hope more join us!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
At the risk of sounding melodramatic, this is how peaceful revolutions start.

I would assume everyone who flies a flag on their lawn would be a proud and patriotic American, Imagine if every proud and patriotic American knew how pissed off every other proud and patriotic American felt.
It could be the worlds biggest display of disgust with a government ever!!!!!

It would be a clear and overwhelming show of how many people are unhappy with the whole mess and that maybe its time for a fresh start, if everywhere you went all you saw was upside down flags TPTB can either try and hide away with what they have or truly reveal itself by starting to arrest or shoot you all.

You hit the nail on the head, its meant to be MY protest, MY way of saying I'm not happy over the crap you all are pulling in washington!!!
I'm so tired of hearing their so called 'stories' of those effected by the shutdown. about furloughed govt. workers. I havent heard ONE of them say their checks would be withheld amid other govt workers!!!
If theyre so desperate to fix this, instead of taking the food out of everyone else's children's mouths, lets see em withhold their OWN CHECKS!!!!!!!

ETA: Let em arrest me, I'll be singing God Bless America in the cell with my other patriot cellmates!!!!
LOL

edit on 10/9/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Youre welcome, spread the word on facebook, google, youtube, twitter, etc

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

daryllyn
After reading this thread, I mentioned the flag flipping to my other half and proceeded to jump in the shower.

Hey Dary!!!
Can ya post a pic for us to see?>

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Scorchio

Most people in England can't even hang a union jack the right way up. Why would the US people know which way up the stars n stripes is hung?

Most people will recognize the gesture, if not, I'm sure others will explain it to them

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

MojaveBurning
Hello Homer,

I applaud your action, because at least you've done something! I like in military base housing, and I am sure that if I followed suit it would certainly cause a ruckus in the neighborhood. Out of curiosity, I posted this topic in a local wives group here, just to get a feel for how people would respond to such an act. I was, of course, disappointed. For every 2 people who thought it was a great idea, there were 4 that disapproved, calling it disrespectful to the flag. Although I asked the naysayers what they felt would be a better way to show our unhappiness with the state of the country today, none had a single answer. I guess they would rather do nothing.

I suspect that if I flew the flag upside down, I would probably have a housing citation hanging on my door within an hour. I am going to do some more research on the base policies so that I can make an informed decision about whether or not I am going to do the same as you.

I did want to mention this: I had not logged on to ATS in months, because I had a bout of paranoia and hoped that inactivity on the site might be a brownie point for me, lol.

I was so moved by the fact that someone, you, had taken the smallest action to demonstrate your feelings, that I just had to log on and comment. So thanks for getting me active on ATS again!

Depends on your base I guess... there is a problem with our base if you use a distress. Many are just flying the flag with the campaign ribbon beneath it... or the Gadsden.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

HomerinNC

Scorchio

Most people will recognize the gesture, if not, I'm sure others will explain it to them

....or those folks should get out of the way.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If we all do that the government will make us walk on our hands! Nice thread though mate.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

HomerinNC

daryllyn

Hey Dary!!!
Can ya post a pic for us to see?>

Pics or it didn't happen? LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

I understand not wanting to get in trouble, they can make your life and your husband's life hell while living on post, so if you want to protest, take the pic of my flag, post it on your social media and say youre mad as hell as well.

With this protest, I want everyone to remember: if somehow someone calls the law on you for the flag display, polite inform them the US Statute on flying the flag upside down:
4 USC § 8 - Respect for flag

Current through Pub. L. 113-31. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yes, I think the Gadsden flag would be a safer route for those who live on bases. I keep meaning to get one, maybe now is the time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join