It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never thought I'd do it, but I dont see a choice here...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just saw this from Facebook

I saw more than one flag flying upside down in Mesa.. NOT KIDDING in Farnsworth Dreamland villa's..

It would be awesome if this caught on. A nice visual for the bumbleheads in charge.

edit on 9-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by HomerinNC

I usually don't post in political threads, (mainly as it is pointless due to bipartisan BS)) but what effect do you think hanging a flag upside down will have? I understand it is a gesture, but do you expect change (Yes we can) or is it just a feel good excercise to revive your jaded feelings? TIA

Its MY protest to the danger from this government is putting us in, that okay with you?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I did it. Now how in the hell do I post the pic from my phone? Samsung S2... Thanks in advance!

edit on 9-10-2013 by KawRider9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I applaud you sir, it does seem that your country is in dire straits. I offer my support in writing my government to help, and any aid I can offer.

Solidarity in spirit from your brother to the north!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

HomerinNC
Its MY protest to the danger from this government is putting us in, that okay with you?

Absolutely fine, but I think it will achieve nothing, is that okay with you? I'm assuming you were hoping to achieve more that just hanging a flag a different way.....

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Certainly is appropriate right now.

We are in distress for sure. This government is out of control, the spending is out of control, and we have reached such an enormous chasm that the other side seems but a fleeting dream.

They have gone out of the way to make this shutdown hurt regular people as much as possible, in many cases needlessly.

They're trying to shove the notion that we need them to survive down our throats when the truth is exactly the opposite.

this shutdown will not prevent me from doing my duty as a soldier. But it will prevent me from ever voting for or supporting another republican or democrat again.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

At least we spent all those trillions in defense, so good thing we are safe from all those external terrors.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Way to go brother!

Listening to these senators talk, not one of them mentioned they would lose their checks with the govt furloughs...
edit on 10/9/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If you look close at my skidsteer(pronounced "skidder" 'round here) there's one of those little car flags upsidedown on it.

And here's a shot of my shop.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
We are feeling so badly for you guys' troubles,Homer,just wanted to drop by to show some support.S+f.My hubby and i watched your vid too.This is sad,eh?Well here's some Wolf-blessings,and best wishes from both of us.-to you and everyone here on ATS+elsewhere in solidarity with you.The hubby is also a war veteran,btw.

Rax.

edit on 9-10-2013 by Raxoxane because: to add something

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Brother, you are the man!
I hope the other sheep see this and wake up and do the same, show the world we are "mad as hell"

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Thanks Raxo, and thank your husband for me for his service, from one brother to another

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

LightSpeedDriver

HomerinNC

Absolutely fine, but I think it will achieve nothing, is that okay with you? I'm assuming you were hoping to achieve more that just hanging a flag a different way.....

There are a lot of things contained in that outward symbol. Even a signal to others... among other things. If you thought about it just a little bit before posting, you might even realize those other things.

We are different, you know. We arent pillow biters who keep that silent stiff upper lip in adversity ( or when taking it up the chute by the govt/parliament/etc).. like some.

Gawd Im an ass... carry on.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I surely will do,Homer

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Make sure you don't fly it at night without a spot light on it.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

my outside light is right behind it, so it will be illimunated

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Heck, I meant to tell you.. for reasons.. people fly their campaign ribbon under their flag or mil flag. Ours goes : American flag, Marine flag, Desert storm ribbon, Afghanistan ribbon.

Like this.. but this isnt ours.
Pic

We live near the base for obvious reasons. You see a lot of what Im describing... and distress flags.

edit on 9-10-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That makes me so sad.

The things the men and women went through to create this country, that flag.... I'm proud of that flag. I'm proud of it because it means if the citizens believe the government is wrong, then they have the constitutional right to stand up to them and fix it. That is exactly what several thousand people are going to do this weekend. Starting with the truckers.

That flag says you can fix this.

That flag says you have the right to fight back.

Don't be lazy and just hang a flag upside down.

Take pride, fly it high and do your part to make mean something. Join your state militia, or join the truckers.

FIGHT DANG IT!!

But don't disrespect the flag.. :.( It doesn't stand for the government. It stands for the people. It stands for the freedom to rise up and do what is right.

Fly the don't tread on me flag if you want to make a stand. That is what it is for.
edit on 9-10-2013 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Ma'am, this isnt disrespect to the flag, its meant to display a sign of danger to life and property, this government IS a danger to EVERY AMERICAN. thats what the upside down flag represents.
I was a soldier, I'd NEVER disrespect my flag, I am proudly displaying my flag but letting others know we are in danger

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join