It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live Radio Presents - The Bear Truth #6 (SE2 EP2)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Join ATS Member Beartruth for her view on the world....the Bear Truth, as she see's it....

Wednesday @ 9.30 pm BST (UK), 10.30pm CET (Europe)
Wednesday @ 9.30 pm EDT, 8.30 pm CDT, 7.30 pm MDT, 6.30 pm PDT (North America)
Thursday @ 9.30pm AEST (Australia)

(Running time 15 mins approx)

Tune in information

Anyone who wants to listen to ATS Live can do so in the following ways

Via The NEW ATS Radio Page (high and low bandwidth players, and stream links for most commercial players available) - this site adaptive and will work on your mobile and tablet device.

Shoucast High Bandwidth

Shoutcast Low Bandwidth

Via Tune In (both the site and the Iphone and Android Apps - search for ATS Radio

Be sure to join us in the ATS Chat Room as well during the show, and get your views heard.

Repeat Shows

The show will appear on the Rewind player @ www.atsliveradio.com...

ATS Live Radio - virtually everywhere

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thank you, Laura. The Bear Truth about Affordable Care is sobering, to say the least. I doubt my living outside the country will exempt me from any of this. In fact I think it might be a scam to take away my retirement pension and Social Security when I become eligible for it.

The cost of the plans and even the opt-out penalties are excessively more expensive than health care costs me out-of-pocket here in Mexico. If I keep $10k (us dollars) on-hand for emergency that would be enough to cover major surgery and several weeks hospital stay in a private hospital here with all the nice extras. I don't need or want the ACA coverage.

I don't see how US health care will be any more affordable than before through this act. This just looks like something that will put almost everyone in the soup lines and has been having negative effect on people's livelihood since it was announced. Having a job will just earn you a bigger liability. I don't see the American diet becoming any healthier than before either. Processed foods and GMO's are likely to send you to the doctor more often. I keep hearing that the "negatives" are just partisan propoganda but I cannot find the positives other than a few people who were too ill to be employed can now afford coverage, but for everyone else it seems to be something that will perhaps put them on the street to live.

Fortunately my retirement includes the health insurance plan I had while working, so I should be ahead of the ACA game scam. There is a monthly fee I have to pay to keep my insurance, and if I ever opt-out I can never get it back again. I continue to pay for it for the over six years since I retired and moved out of the country though I do not use the plan, keeping it for "just in-case." In the past few years, since the ACA was voted in, my monthly premiums have skyrocketed. Paying full cost for health care here in Mexico costs me less than my co-pay used to. I actually get better and more attentive service here.

Best of luck, America. It seems you are losing the last choices and freedoms you had. Nothing is truly yours any longer it seems.

edit on 9-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Erongaricuaro, it is truly sobering when you begin digging into the truth of the Affordable Care Act and the costs involved for everyone. We are at the very beginning of people applying for the coverage, and many are finding it unaffordable.

I have still not been able to access the information for my family, but I can tell you I am terrified. If we have any kind of winfall, it will alter our premiums and deductibles. If we make a mistake at some point it will come back to bite us. The problem is, there are so many variables any of us can make a mistake.

What good is health care access if you are unable to afford food, clothing and shelter. The health care is only an asset if you are ill, injured and need it. For those who are healthy it is very like paying protection money to keep what is left.

I have always felt it was wise to have a basic coverage plan in case of emergency or sudden illness, but 25% of ones income before taxes just doesn't make sense to me. This seems to be a benefit that risks your assets and personal property.

I really need more information.

BT

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

BearTruth
For those who are healthy it is very like paying protection money to keep what is left.

that would seem the very 'textbook definition' of extortion , IMHO.

(???)

if we could only get folks to support a national sales tax, many of our current troubles, worries and woes would have long-since gone by the wayside.

nothing even close to double digits would suffice many an outlay for the various needs, wanting. (??)

edit on 10/10/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

12m8keall2c

if we could only get folks to support a national sales tax, many of our current troubles, worries and woes would have long-since gone by the wayside.

Having a source of tax revenue doesn't mean it will be used properly or in our best interests - that is where costs are shaved to the bone.

A national sales tax would be subject to "percentage inflation" as are state sales taxes. Instead of letting revenues rise proportionately with the cost of purchase items there always seems to be the constant "need" to raise the tax percentage itself. I would expect the Federal Government to do the same.

Problem number one is that US health care is the world's most expensive, and it certainly is not the best either. The US should start by producing more doctors. Many US doctors have received their medical education in foreign countries already. The finest physicians are not those who are motivated to go into medicine for a lucrative and prestigious career path and wealthy lifestyle. We would be better served by caring individuals who are truly interested in the art and science of medicine, not just pill-pushers. A glut of physicians would weed out those who are only interested in the wealth the profession currently promises American doctors.

BearTruth

I can tell you I am terrified. If we have any kind of windfall, it will alter our premiums and deductibles. If we make a mistake at some point it will come back to bite us. The problem is, there are so many variables any of us can make a mistake.

What good is health care access if you are unable to afford food, clothing and shelter. The health care is only an asset if you are ill, injured and need it. For those who are healthy it is very like paying protection money to keep what is left.

I have always felt it was wise to have a basic coverage plan in case of emergency or sudden illness, but 25% of ones income before taxes just doesn't make sense to me. This seems to be a benefit that risks your assets and personal property.

I really need more information.

It would seem you have all the information you need to know about this, except for how to get a reasonable and workable plan that truly does bring affordable care to everyone.

As you, I too am thoroughly terrified that this is another trap lying in wait to strip from any of us our securities and belongings and demand fines and penalties from anyone who would commit a clerical error or have a sudden stroke of good fortune pass their way.

This scheme could only be deemed "affordable" by either the destitute or the wealthy. It spells a life sentence of servitude and deprivation for the middle-class. The monthly fees will be excessive and cause for many hardships but that is just the beginning of the cost outlays.

On top of all the affordability problems I am concerned with this further dictating what kind of treatment one will be given and a further loss of options. I am not 100% convinced that traditional allopathic medicine as taught in US medical schools is always the best solution, nor that the particular physician describing it will always be correct. I would prefer to choose my own options even if I should happen to choose wrong.

Each day I am thankful I lived frugal and avoided excessive debt so that I had the opportunity to escape the American [medical] nightmare.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Erongaricuaro
Having a source of tax revenue doesn't mean it will be used properly or in our best interests - that is where costs are shaved to the bone.

i GET all that, but.... it;'d at least be a start towards some degree of 'equal representation, expectations.... across the board.

tighter scrutiny on where those monies are going, what they're paying for, etc...

I think folks might even wake up, smell the coffeee, and give a crap.... if they realized they were 'paying for it all' each and every time they made a purchase..

kinda tosses out of sight, out of mind right out the window.

nO?!

edit on 10/10/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

12m8keall2c

it;'d at least be a start towards some degree of 'equal representation, expectations.... across the board.

tighter scrutiny on where those monies are going, what they're paying for, etc...

I think folks might even wake up, smell the coffeee, and give a crap.... if they realized they were 'paying for it all' each and every time they made a purchase..

I agree, it would be a grand step in a better direction than the current plan they have for it now. From my vantage point of residing in another country the national sales tax would not touch me but in the slightest. It would certainly be the best option for me. As it is now I don't know that I am exempt from any of the ACA requirements or tax penalties even though I don't utilize American medical facilities at all. Go ahead on!

No tax plan is foolproof but I would certainly back you for taking that route.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

sorry for the late reply.

Yes, indeed, that is the definition of extortion.

I think our populace needs to mature to the point where they must decide what they want and realize there is a price for those things. I agree with you.

BT

top topics

join